PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 14)

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 14)

Postby vital » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:41 pm

Matt10 wrote:Scoring goals in older PES were more rewarding because the process to get those chances was challenging. Then the physics of the foot-to-ball contact was always accompanied by a sense of not knowing what type of animation will appear. This what made it so incredible. That feeling of not knowing what that player will perform - or if the combination of buttons were pressed, or if the animation/physics changed because they were pressured, etc.

In PES 16 thru 18, I know exactly what animation will show up. I know how hard and perfect that cross will be. I know that I will strike the ball on the laces. I know that when I beat the DMF, the defenders will turn their backs and run (like doing windsprints) to their preset defensive line.


Well put. It's the randomness and unpredictability and scrappiness that's underrepresented in modern PES. Apologists often show evidence of players scoring goals on their weak foot in real life as "evidence" that PES has it right, but what about all the scuffed and dragged shots and total miskicks? I saw Hazard completely airkick one on his weaker foot the other day. In PES 5/6 you could hit some absolutely embarrassing efforts. My experience of PES post-2014 has always been one where it feels bare bones in terms of outcomes, like you can really tell they've built this engine largely from scratch and they just don't have enough development into those areas to provide the equivalent sense of variation. But then there are two corollary questions that arise in my mind, which are to what extent is this perceived lack of variation an illusion caused by the way the games have evolved technologically (i.e. to be more generic and systems based), and if it's not why is the PES engine failing to deliver (and after several years of development might it actually imply the need for a fairly drastic overhaul in terms of how they hand shot physics/outcomes for example), I am certainly more inclined towards the latter.
vital
Pundit
Pundit
 
Posts: 3711
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:24 pm

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 14)

Postby The PES Casual » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:49 am

Nik778899 wrote:
The PES Casual wrote:More right than you know.

Perhaps you should be more placid?

Interesting take that you have today. I asked you a fairly straightforward question earlier which was met with a condescending post of which the majority didn't apply to me and you've since called me "pricky-nikky" and a "wee testicle".

But I'm here trying to kick it off, apparently :roll:


And again trying to play victim.

You were throwing another users quotes back at them for them merely saying they had found some peace with the game. Militant, pedantic weirdness. What did you think you were trying to prove there? What was the purpose of that exactly? Were you trying to "out" him or something?

So weird.

You and others aren't aware but you are out of touch and don't get listened to for a reason. You hold no higher knowledge and can't even claim to have higher standards. You and others like you are narrow-minded and have completely lost the plot now.

Do you want to know why forums are dying? It ain't no reflection of the game but you and others are too blinkered in your belief that is the case to realuse that it just isn't how these games are discussed any longer. People operate in smaller communities now. Communities within communities. They pursue their own endeavours like PEN, FUMA and alike. There are PES/FIFA communities that operate within actual football forums and other groups on other social media platforms. There are micro-communities that utilise main hubs for some assets and maybe news. You don't even see them.

People are bored of the analytical echo chamber and its cult of personality. They are done with being spoken down to by rabid, militant assholes on the search for their own wee shill. These games have been knocking about for decades and folk know what they want, know what they like/dislike and also know what they are willing to put up with. You and others like you can't appreciate that fact; utterly blind to it so you use these wee safe spaces to bitch and whine about them while dreaming up nonsensical conpspiracies about individual employees of a company or the entire corporation itself. Maybe you will go down new exciting rabbit-holes like what is going on with a gif for an 8 month old game on the games twitter feed, or how an employee tweeted something in the midst of one of the craziest, fun and exciting midweeks of top-flight European football in years and you think he was having a go at your wee group! Lol, that was a damn high jumping of the shark by some very joyless people. And you or others dare wonder why things are a bit quiet on forums, or why you continue to find yourselves getting ignored? You's serious? Jesus christ :lol: It's quiet because if they do look in they see nik quoting some dudes posts back at him because his position on a videogame changed a wee bit, or read philla go off on one about how mature and real a player he is, or how Mutu has found a hidden critique of him in a tweet from a dude who doesn't even know Mutu feckin' exists. Absolute nut-bars.

You's are finished as a movement on this game and the other one. Completely devoured by football culture and you didn't see it coming because you foolishly thought there was only one strict template that needs adhering to when it comes to a football game: yours. Problem is it is dull, boring and runs cometely counter as to why folk love the sport.

You don't partake in wider football culture. You're not living it. The nearest you and your lot get to football culture is talk of Sky Sports scoreboards and sliders in a football game, after an afternoon on an armchair watching some games. You take it all too seriously which again runs counter to the spirit of why the masses love the sport at its core: because it is accessible and is relatable. The reason folks play the sport is to enjoy. It wouldn't be the most popular sport on the planet if it wasn't accessible and fun. It wouldn't be the sport it is if it weren't for the diversity. People play the sport because they enjoy trying stuff as well as enjoying competing. They attend matches, I attend matches, because although I seriously want my team to get a result I enjoy the social aspect. I enjoy so much around the event. Folk travel the world to take in as much in tge way of differing football cultures as they can before shuffling off.

Why do some folk support or even just prefer watching Shrewsbury while many more would rather watch Barca? Who are the bigger fans of the sport between those two groups? What group is the more knowledgable about the sport? You can't answer that as much as you can't answer why some folk prefer FIFA over PES or vice versa. You can't answer that much like you couldn't explain why maybe some dude might still think SWOS or Kick-Off were the best football games ever made, even to this day, but is a tactical genius on the real sport. You wouldn't be able to process that because you and your likes are so painfully narrow-minded. Thing is I fully expect one of you deeply analytical, highly intelligent clowns to try and offer an answer to those questions and would succeed in only highlighting further how dettached from reality and wider football culture you really are.

Less and less care for your or others idea of "simulation" because it is completely joyless as well as being dettached from the reality. You think you are being on point but you ain't. You miss most of it all out getting bogged down in positioning, broadcast assets, sliders and bespoke buttons for "driven" passes. You see more than three short one-touch passes and you start freaking out and start talking about deleting hard-drives. You don't know the sport because it seems like you just haven't kicked a ball about enough. You think the sport can only be played by super-athletes. You try to take tv style analysis and apply it to a videogame. Again, you are not operating in a reality that appreciates the sport in full, just the televised, packaged version.

You (and others) just don't get football. Period. It certainly comes across like that. That is why you get ignored and that is why you get more intolerant and militant as a result. You aren't embracing of football culture. You are anti-football.
The PES Casual
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:43 pm

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 14)

Postby chilleverest » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:26 am

Personally for me, Seabass is the Hideo Kojima of football games. Older pes was his unrestricted genius in full effect, and konami were still the heartthrob publishers/devs among gamers. Its the new konami that ruined the franchise by sticking to the old 2008 engine while fifa was introducing the big 360 movements in fifa.
I remember b-man confirming here couple years ago (which he said he heard from his sources) that Seabass was in similar predicament as kojima's. I still believe with enough time and resources, Seabass can turn pes around. Current PES is like the new Metal Gear but without kojima, its all there but its just not PES.
Who ate all the pies?
Bring Seabass back.
User avatar
chilleverest
International
International
 
Posts: 2535
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:53 pm
Twitter: @chilleverest

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 14)

Postby DESKPRO » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:53 am

chilleverest wrote:Personally for me, Seabass is the Hideo Kojima of football games. Older pes was his unrestricted genius in full effect, and konami were still the heartthrob publishers/devs among gamers. Its the new konami that ruined the franchise by sticking to the old 2008 engine while fifa was introducing the big 360 movements in fifa.
I remember b-man confirming here couple years ago (which he said he heard from his sources) that Seabass was in similar predicament as kojima's. I still believe with enough time and resources, Seabass can turn pes around. Current PES is like the new Metal Gear but without kojima, its all there but its just not PES.


At the end of interview he states how important feedback from fans was helpful and was looking forward to more feedback. ;)
DESKPRO
Ballboy
Ballboy
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:53 pm

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 14)

Postby The PES Casual » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:07 am

Good chance you are wildly speculating there.

Seabass was maybe a genius of his time; maybe a genius of maxing out more from less. Maybe he had the same struggles so many other Japanese developers had at that time.

And MGS4 and 5 were an utter mess due to Kojima more than publisher. Very easy to romanticise Kojima and indeed the past. A bit like football itself. Not always wrong to do so and indeed is right to do so, providing you romanticise for the right reasons. In the case of old games it is very much due to time and place regards technology and how relatively new 3D football games were. Less than 10 years before PES3 an isometric view FIFA was considered cutting edge. Less than 10 years before tgat Emlyn Hughes and Kick-Off were considered the best. ISS Pro is over 20 years old. The difference between how football games were constructed 10 years ago compared to now is not that vast. It has been football culture that has influenced them more than technological leaps in the last 10 years.
The PES Casual
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:43 pm

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 14)

Postby vital » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:28 am

DESKPRO wrote:
chilleverest wrote:Personally for me, Seabass is the Hideo Kojima of football games. Older pes was his unrestricted genius in full effect, and konami were still the heartthrob publishers/devs among gamers. Its the new konami that ruined the franchise by sticking to the old 2008 engine while fifa was introducing the big 360 movements in fifa.
I remember b-man confirming here couple years ago (which he said he heard from his sources) that Seabass was in similar predicament as kojima's. I still believe with enough time and resources, Seabass can turn pes around. Current PES is like the new Metal Gear but without kojima, its all there but its just not PES.


At the end of interview he states how important feedback from fans was helpful and was looking forward to more feedback. ;)


And you just know he gave more weight to feedback that was consistent with his football gaming philosophy and not just "what the majority says" or "what will result in more microtransactions". That's why although every game was different it had an unmistakable "DNA". Current PES is still trying to find that DNA, and it's not having much luck. It's very much a "soulless" game.

I saw somewhere that 2019 will be another big change, which is good but it does highlight the fact that they are still desperately searching for the right formula. They've had 4 years with his new engine and it's still in many respects behind a game release 13 years ago.
vital
Pundit
Pundit
 
Posts: 3711
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:24 pm

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 14)

Postby vital » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:52 am

The PES Casual wrote:You (and others) just don't get football. Period. It certainly comes across like that. That is why you get ignored and that is why you get more intolerant and militant as a result. You aren't embracing of football culture. You are anti-football.


Better not to feed the trolls but I will say one thing. I think what comes across most from people like this guy is a sense of anti-intellectualism. His meandering and unlettered rants betray a palpable inferiority complex that gets triggered whenever people try to analyse things deeper than surface level. I've seen him pay lip service respect to Matt's contributions but I'm pretty certain he actually resents the fact Matt is critiquing the game from a position of far greater knowledge and expertise than he ever could. You are going to have a rude awakening when people start pouring through PES 2019 news. :lol:

If you don't like being part of a hardcore community then sod off back to one of the safe spaces on pesfan or Twitter.
vital
Pundit
Pundit
 
Posts: 3711
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:24 pm

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 14)

Postby Rach08 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:08 am

vital wrote:
DESKPRO wrote:You may be right. In another interview he mentions that PES 2010 was moving away from arcade like and back to simulation. Very interesting interview giving insights on their thinking at the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW-SdNasOHM


Bring back Seabass :lol:


I remember watching that interview at the time. The game even looks better there. I find when I play PES now I just end up angry more than anything else!

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Neil Lennon This is not the end...this is just the beginning

Tommy Burns When you put on the Celtic jersey you’re not playing for a football team, you’re playing for a community and a cause

Xavier Hernández i Creus Celtic, like Barcelona, are more than a football club. Our clubs are a symbol of a culture and community that has not always been made welcome in their respective countries
User avatar
Rach08
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Belfast

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 14)

Postby kernowdoc69 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:58 am

vital wrote:
The PES Casual wrote:You (and others) just don't get football. Period. It certainly comes across like that. That is why you get ignored and that is why you get more intolerant and militant as a result. You aren't embracing of football culture. You are anti-football.


Better not to feed the trolls but I will say one thing. I think what comes across most from people like this guy is a sense of anti-intellectualism. His meandering and unlettered rants betray a palpable inferiority complex that gets triggered whenever people try to analyse things deeper than surface level. I've seen him pay lip service respect to Matt's contributions but I'm pretty certain he actually resents the fact Matt is critiquing the game from a position of far greater knowledge and expertise than he ever could. You are going to have a rude awakening when people start pouring through PES 2019 news. :lol:

If you don't like being part of a hardcore community then sod off back to one of the safe spaces on pesfan or Twitter.


Yep. Evowebs gain is our loss for sure.
User avatar
kernowdoc69
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:45 am

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 14)

Postby Nik778899 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:13 am

Haha wow, and you stayed up until the ‘wee’ hours of the morning to write inaccurate diatribe too.

The PES Casual wrote:And again trying to play victim.

Not playing the victim at all, simply noting that out of the both of us, only one is resorting to name-calling. Call me anything you wish, it only adds to the hypocrisy you display on a regular basis. You’re here to ‘kick it off’ too, pretty much everything you have done and said since you got here three months ago has been angry rants and personal attacks. You’ve been the catalyst for a lot of it and yet come accusing me of trying to ‘kick it off’, it’s laughable.

The PES Casual wrote:You were throwing another users quotes back at them for them merely saying they had found some peace with the game. Militant, pedantic weirdness. What did you think you were trying to prove there? What was the purpose of that exactly? Were you trying to "out" him or something?

I was simply asking what was meant by your discussion, as it read to me that there was a suggestion that we should just accept it for what it is as nobody listens anyway. If that’s how you feel then great, but I personally wish to discuss what I dislike about the game and believe feedback should continue to be given.

The PES Casual wrote:You and others aren't aware but you are out of touch and don't get listened to for a reason. You hold no higher knowledge and can't even claim to have higher standards.

Not once have I claimed to hold a higher knowledge or have higher standards than any other poster in here, so that’s utter tripe.

The PES Casual wrote:You and others like you are narrow-minded and have completely lost the plot now.

Safe to say that you’re the only one round here who has lost the plot. I don’t think you’ve ever had the plot in your short time here, as documented by your numerous meltdowns.

The PES Casual wrote:Do you want to know why forums are dying? It ain't no reflection of the game but you and others are too blinkered in your belief that is the case to realuse that it just isn't how these games are discussed any longer. People operate in smaller communities now. Communities within communities. They pursue their own endeavours like PEN, FUMA and alike. There are PES/FIFA communities that operate within actual football forums and other groups on other social media platforms. There are micro-communities that utilise main hubs for some assets and maybe news. You don't even see them.

I don’t doubt that there are micro-communities as you describe them, but if you genuinely believe that the reason for the lack of traffic on here and other forums is nothing to do with the game then I reckon you’d defend Konami to the death. I guess the Footy United people are just moving their stuff to a micro-community, yeah?
I find it equally astounding and hilarious that you absolutely refuse to attribute any of it to the game having regressed and being less popular than it once was. That is narrow-minded and borders on fanboy-ism, although I very much dislike the term.

The PES Casual wrote:People are bored of the analytical echo chamber and its cult of personality. They are done with being spoken down to by rabid, militant assholes on the search for their own wee shill.

As opposed to listening to “rabid, militant assholes” who appoint themselves as a shill?

The PES Casual wrote:These games have been knocking about for decades and folk know what they want, know what they like/dislike and also know what they are willing to put up with.

Good for them, I also know this too and know what I’m willing to put up with. I’ve been a staunch supporter of the games, just like everyone else, for many years now. Last few years I’ve played FIFA more, this year is the least I’ve played PES but that isn’t to say I’ve not done.

The PES Casual wrote:You and others like you can't appreciate that fact; utterly blind to it so you use these wee safe spaces to bitch and whine about them

I can completely appreciate it and I’ve not told anyone to stop discussing the game. More tripe.

The PES Casual wrote:while dreaming up nonsensical conpspiracies about individual employees of a company or the entire corporation itself.

Nope, not me. You show me something I’ve suggested that can genuinely be described as a ‘conspiracy theory’ outside of your hysterics.

The PES Casual wrote:Maybe you will go down new exciting rabbit-holes like what is going on with a gif for an 8 month old game on the games twitter feed

I think some of the gifs they share look like shite; I brought this up in a PES discussion thread.
As I said at the time, if you don’t think those gifs are posted as an advert for the game, then you’re being narrow-minded.

The PES Casual wrote:or how an employee tweeted something in the midst of one of the craziest, fun and exciting midweeks of top-flight European football in years and you think he was having a go at your wee group! Lol, that was a damn high jumping of the shark by some very joyless people.

Not me again.

The PES Casual wrote:And you or others dare wonder why things are a bit quiet on forums, or why you continue to find yourselves getting ignored? You's serious? Jesus christ :lol: It's quiet because if they do look in they see nik quoting some dudes posts back at him because his position on a videogame changed a wee bit, or read philla go off on one about how mature and real a player he is, or how Mutu has found a hidden critique of him in a tweet from a dude who doesn't even know Mutu feckin' exists.

I thought you were here to be the saviour of this forum (that nobody asked for)? How’s that working out for you?

The PES Casual wrote:Absolute nut-bars.

More name-calling.

The PES Casual wrote:You's are finished as a movement on this game and the other one.

There is no “movement”; you don’t half get hysterical. A group of people who have gripes with a game are discussing those gripes in a discussion thread about the game. Nobody asked you to try and police these forums.
If people want to continue to discuss what they enjoy about the game then by all means do so, you won’t find me telling them to stop.


The PES Casual wrote:Completely devoured by football culture and you didn't see it coming because you foolishly thought there was only one strict template that needs adhering to when it comes to a football game: yours. Problem is it is dull, boring and runs cometely counter as to why folk love the sport.

I don’t have a ‘strict template’, I simply want a football game that is played in real life to be replicated. I want more fouls, I want defenders to not run away from my advancing player and I want a ML/career mode that is immersive and embraces the football culture you think we’re all out of touch from.

The PES Casual wrote:You don't partake in wider football culture. You're not living it. The nearest you and your lot get to football culture is talk of Sky Sports scoreboards and sliders in a football game, after an afternoon on an armchair watching some games.

I’ve travelled the length and breadth of this country watching League One; League Two; Conference National and Conference North football. You’re literally making stuff up to suit your argument.


The PES Casual wrote:You take it all too seriously which again runs counter to the spirit of why the masses love the sport at its core: because it is accessible and is relatable. The reason folks play the sport is to enjoy. It wouldn't be the most popular sport on the planet if it wasn't accessible and fun. It wouldn't be the sport it is if it weren't for the diversity. People play the sport because they enjoy trying stuff as well as enjoying competing. They attend matches, I attend matches, because although I seriously want my team to get a result I enjoy the social aspect. I enjoy so much around the event. Folk travel the world to take in as much in tge way of differing football cultures as they can before shuffling off.

So do I. This adds nothing to your argument.

The PES Casual wrote:Why do some folk support or even just prefer watching Shrewsbury while many more would rather watch Barca? Who are the bigger fans of the sport between those two groups? What group is the more knowledgable about the sport? You can't answer that as much as you can't answer why some folk prefer FIFA over PES or vice versa. You can't answer that much like you couldn't explain why maybe some dude might still think SWOS or Kick-Off were the best football games ever made, even to this day, but is a tactical genius on the real sport. You wouldn't be able to process that because you and your likes are so painfully narrow-minded. Thing is I fully expect one of you deeply analytical, highly intelligent clowns to try and offer an answer to those questions and would succeed in only highlighting further how dettached from reality and wider football culture you really are.

Again more made up tripe. You’ve decided I’m detached from ‘wider football culture’ when you know absolutely nothing about me other than some words on an internet forum. Dare I say, all this is simply just confirmation bias?

The PES Casual wrote:Less and less care for your or others idea of "simulation" because it is completely joyless as well as being dettached from the reality.

I want a football game with fouls in it. Is that ‘detached from reality’?

The PES Casual wrote:You think you are being on point but you ain't. You miss most of it all out getting bogged down in positioning, broadcast assets, sliders and bespoke buttons for "driven" passes.

I discussed driven passes at length as I’d like to see a simple modifier in the game for it where you have complete control on whether you play one or not, a la FIFA. You’re getting incredibly hysterical again.

The PES Casual wrote:You see more than three short one-touch passes and you start freaking out and start talking about deleting hard-drives.

Not me, again.

The PES Casual wrote:You don't know the sport because it seems like you just haven't kicked a ball about enough. You think the sport can only be played by super-athletes. You try to take tv style analysis and apply it to a videogame. Again, you are not operating in a reality that appreciates the sport in full, just the televised, packaged version. You (and others) just don't get football. Period. It certainly comes across like that.

More made-up bullshit to suit your argument. You’ve decided we don’t “get” football because our views don’t match yours. I suppose you “get” football, don’t you?

The PES Casual wrote:That is why you get ignored and that is why you get more intolerant and militant as a result.

You talk about being militant, however we’ve all seen your front page posts talking about ‘elitism’ and we’ve all seen your angry rants against many a person you disagree with.
I’m not intolerant of anyone, solely because they like this game. You won’t find a single shred of evidence to support that argument either.

The PES Casual wrote:You aren't embracing of football culture. You are anti-football.

Again, more made up shite.


Let’s have a look at your post from yesterday where you suggested what I could do with my time if I didn’t like the game, and flip it to see how your post above fits in:

The PES Casual wrote:Dunno. 'Spose you could spend time wildly speculating on that thing you don't enjoy, or maybe even be condescending and/or pedantic towards those who do enjoy it in spite of their own issues with it. You could maybe even put yourself and others like you on a pedestal; claim those who do enjoy a videogame know nothing about the sport it relates to; take issue with their choice of controls; reason that anyone who disagrees with you on some things (even if there is agreement elsewhere) must be 12; assert anyone who does like the game (with caveats) is a corporate shill. Y'know, real level headed and intelligent shiz like that.


Wild speculation: Plenty of that, talking about people’s involvement in ‘football culture’ with absolutely nothing to back it up.

Condescending towards people who don’t enjoy it: Plenty of that, you know more about football culture, we don’t.

Putting yourself or others on a pedestal: Similar to the above, but your entire existence in this forum is based on putting yourself on a pedestal when you appointed yourself as a ‘Community Representative’ entirely off your own back. You’re the epitomy of putting yourself on a pedestal.

Claiming those who don’t enjoy a videogame know nothing about the sport it relates to: Your entire post is based on this.

Take issue with their choice of controls: You really don’t like me wanting a simpler command for ‘driven’ passes, like the competitor does, do you?

Reason that anyone disagrees with you on somethings must be 12: You’ve gone further and suggested they have mental health issues.

Assert that anyone who doesn’t like the game is a shill: You’ve done that too.


Everything you accuse others of, you do yourself and then some.
Nik778899
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 1433
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:37 pm

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 14)

Postby The PES Casual » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:38 pm

kernowdoc69 wrote:
vital wrote:
The PES Casual wrote:You (and others) just don't get football. Period. It certainly comes across like that. That is why you get ignored and that is why you get more intolerant and militant as a result. You aren't embracing of football culture. You are anti-football.


Better not to feed the trolls but I will say one thing. I think what comes across most from people like this guy is a sense of anti-intellectualism. His meandering and unlettered rants betray a palpable inferiority complex that gets triggered whenever people try to analyse things deeper than surface level. I've seen him pay lip service respect to Matt's contributions but I'm pretty certain he actually resents the fact Matt is critiquing the game from a position of far greater knowledge and expertise than he ever could. You are going to have a rude awakening when people start pouring through PES 2019 news. :lol:

If you don't like being part of a hardcore community then sod off back to one of the safe spaces on pesfan or Twitter.


Yep. Evowebs gain is our loss for sure.


How's yer da?
The PES Casual
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:43 pm

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 14)

Postby The PES Casual » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:57 pm

Nik778899 wrote:Haha wow, and you stayed up until the ‘wee’ hours of the morning to write inaccurate diatribe too.

The PES Casual wrote:And again trying to play victim.

Not playing the victim at all, simply noting that out of the both of us, only one is resorting to name-calling. Call me anything you wish, it only adds to the hypocrisy you display on a regular basis. You’re here to ‘kick it off’ too, pretty much everything you have done and said since you got here three months ago has been angry rants and personal attacks. You’ve been the catalyst for a lot of it and yet come accusing me of trying to ‘kick it off’, it’s laughable.

The PES Casual wrote:You were throwing another users quotes back at them for them merely saying they had found some peace with the game. Militant, pedantic weirdness. What did you think you were trying to prove there? What was the purpose of that exactly? Were you trying to "out" him or something?

I was simply asking what was meant by your discussion, as it read to me that there was a suggestion that we should just accept it for what it is as nobody listens anyway. If that’s how you feel then great, but I personally wish to discuss what I dislike about the game and believe feedback should continue to be given.

The PES Casual wrote:You and others aren't aware but you are out of touch and don't get listened to for a reason. You hold no higher knowledge and can't even claim to have higher standards.

Not once have I claimed to hold a higher knowledge or have higher standards than any other poster in here, so that’s utter tripe.

The PES Casual wrote:You and others like you are narrow-minded and have completely lost the plot now.

Safe to say that you’re the only one round here who has lost the plot. I don’t think you’ve ever had the plot in your short time here, as documented by your numerous meltdowns.

The PES Casual wrote:Do you want to know why forums are dying? It ain't no reflection of the game but you and others are too blinkered in your belief that is the case to realuse that it just isn't how these games are discussed any longer. People operate in smaller communities now. Communities within communities. They pursue their own endeavours like PEN, FUMA and alike. There are PES/FIFA communities that operate within actual football forums and other groups on other social media platforms. There are micro-communities that utilise main hubs for some assets and maybe news. You don't even see them.

I don’t doubt that there are micro-communities as you describe them, but if you genuinely believe that the reason for the lack of traffic on here and other forums is nothing to do with the game then I reckon you’d defend Konami to the death. I guess the Footy United people are just moving their stuff to a micro-community, yeah?
I find it equally astounding and hilarious that you absolutely refuse to attribute any of it to the game having regressed and being less popular than it once was. That is narrow-minded and borders on fanboy-ism, although I very much dislike the term.

The PES Casual wrote:People are bored of the analytical echo chamber and its cult of personality. They are done with being spoken down to by rabid, militant assholes on the search for their own wee shill.

As opposed to listening to “rabid, militant assholes” who appoint themselves as a shill?

The PES Casual wrote:These games have been knocking about for decades and folk know what they want, know what they like/dislike and also know what they are willing to put up with.

Good for them, I also know this too and know what I’m willing to put up with. I’ve been a staunch supporter of the games, just like everyone else, for many years now. Last few years I’ve played FIFA more, this year is the least I’ve played PES but that isn’t to say I’ve not done.

The PES Casual wrote:You and others like you can't appreciate that fact; utterly blind to it so you use these wee safe spaces to bitch and whine about them

I can completely appreciate it and I’ve not told anyone to stop discussing the game. More tripe.

The PES Casual wrote:while dreaming up nonsensical conpspiracies about individual employees of a company or the entire corporation itself.

Nope, not me. You show me something I’ve suggested that can genuinely be described as a ‘conspiracy theory’ outside of your hysterics.

The PES Casual wrote:Maybe you will go down new exciting rabbit-holes like what is going on with a gif for an 8 month old game on the games twitter feed

I think some of the gifs they share look like shite; I brought this up in a PES discussion thread.
As I said at the time, if you don’t think those gifs are posted as an advert for the game, then you’re being narrow-minded.

The PES Casual wrote:or how an employee tweeted something in the midst of one of the craziest, fun and exciting midweeks of top-flight European football in years and you think he was having a go at your wee group! Lol, that was a damn high jumping of the shark by some very joyless people.

Not me again.

The PES Casual wrote:And you or others dare wonder why things are a bit quiet on forums, or why you continue to find yourselves getting ignored? You's serious? Jesus christ :lol: It's quiet because if they do look in they see nik quoting some dudes posts back at him because his position on a videogame changed a wee bit, or read philla go off on one about how mature and real a player he is, or how Mutu has found a hidden critique of him in a tweet from a dude who doesn't even know Mutu feckin' exists.

I thought you were here to be the saviour of this forum (that nobody asked for)? How’s that working out for you?

The PES Casual wrote:Absolute nut-bars.

More name-calling.

The PES Casual wrote:You's are finished as a movement on this game and the other one.

There is no “movement”; you don’t half get hysterical. A group of people who have gripes with a game are discussing those gripes in a discussion thread about the game. Nobody asked you to try and police these forums.
If people want to continue to discuss what they enjoy about the game then by all means do so, you won’t find me telling them to stop.


The PES Casual wrote:Completely devoured by football culture and you didn't see it coming because you foolishly thought there was only one strict template that needs adhering to when it comes to a football game: yours. Problem is it is dull, boring and runs cometely counter as to why folk love the sport.

I don’t have a ‘strict template’, I simply want a football game that is played in real life to be replicated. I want more fouls, I want defenders to not run away from my advancing player and I want a ML/career mode that is immersive and embraces the football culture you think we’re all out of touch from.

The PES Casual wrote:You don't partake in wider football culture. You're not living it. The nearest you and your lot get to football culture is talk of Sky Sports scoreboards and sliders in a football game, after an afternoon on an armchair watching some games.

I’ve travelled the length and breadth of this country watching League One; League Two; Conference National and Conference North football. You’re literally making stuff up to suit your argument.


The PES Casual wrote:You take it all too seriously which again runs counter to the spirit of why the masses love the sport at its core: because it is accessible and is relatable. The reason folks play the sport is to enjoy. It wouldn't be the most popular sport on the planet if it wasn't accessible and fun. It wouldn't be the sport it is if it weren't for the diversity. People play the sport because they enjoy trying stuff as well as enjoying competing. They attend matches, I attend matches, because although I seriously want my team to get a result I enjoy the social aspect. I enjoy so much around the event. Folk travel the world to take in as much in tge way of differing football cultures as they can before shuffling off.

So do I. This adds nothing to your argument.

The PES Casual wrote:Why do some folk support or even just prefer watching Shrewsbury while many more would rather watch Barca? Who are the bigger fans of the sport between those two groups? What group is the more knowledgable about the sport? You can't answer that as much as you can't answer why some folk prefer FIFA over PES or vice versa. You can't answer that much like you couldn't explain why maybe some dude might still think SWOS or Kick-Off were the best football games ever made, even to this day, but is a tactical genius on the real sport. You wouldn't be able to process that because you and your likes are so painfully narrow-minded. Thing is I fully expect one of you deeply analytical, highly intelligent clowns to try and offer an answer to those questions and would succeed in only highlighting further how dettached from reality and wider football culture you really are.

Again more made up tripe. You’ve decided I’m detached from ‘wider football culture’ when you know absolutely nothing about me other than some words on an internet forum. Dare I say, all this is simply just confirmation bias?

The PES Casual wrote:Less and less care for your or others idea of "simulation" because it is completely joyless as well as being dettached from the reality.

I want a football game with fouls in it. Is that ‘detached from reality’?

The PES Casual wrote:You think you are being on point but you ain't. You miss most of it all out getting bogged down in positioning, broadcast assets, sliders and bespoke buttons for "driven" passes.

I discussed driven passes at length as I’d like to see a simple modifier in the game for it where you have complete control on whether you play one or not, a la FIFA. You’re getting incredibly hysterical again.

The PES Casual wrote:You see more than three short one-touch passes and you start freaking out and start talking about deleting hard-drives.

Not me, again.

The PES Casual wrote:You don't know the sport because it seems like you just haven't kicked a ball about enough. You think the sport can only be played by super-athletes. You try to take tv style analysis and apply it to a videogame. Again, you are not operating in a reality that appreciates the sport in full, just the televised, packaged version. You (and others) just don't get football. Period. It certainly comes across like that.

More made-up bullshit to suit your argument. You’ve decided we don’t “get” football because our views don’t match yours. I suppose you “get” football, don’t you?

The PES Casual wrote:That is why you get ignored and that is why you get more intolerant and militant as a result.

You talk about being militant, however we’ve all seen your front page posts talking about ‘elitism’ and we’ve all seen your angry rants against many a person you disagree with.
I’m not intolerant of anyone, solely because they like this game. You won’t find a single shred of evidence to support that argument either.

The PES Casual wrote:You aren't embracing of football culture. You are anti-football.

Again, more made up shite.


Let’s have a look at your post from yesterday where you suggested what I could do with my time if I didn’t like the game, and flip it to see how your post above fits in:

The PES Casual wrote:Dunno. 'Spose you could spend time wildly speculating on that thing you don't enjoy, or maybe even be condescending and/or pedantic towards those who do enjoy it in spite of their own issues with it. You could maybe even put yourself and others like you on a pedestal; claim those who do enjoy a videogame know nothing about the sport it relates to; take issue with their choice of controls; reason that anyone who disagrees with you on some things (even if there is agreement elsewhere) must be 12; assert anyone who does like the game (with caveats) is a corporate shill. Y'know, real level headed and intelligent shiz like that.


Wild speculation: Plenty of that, talking about people’s involvement in ‘football culture’ with absolutely nothing to back it up.

Condescending towards people who don’t enjoy it: Plenty of that, you know more about football culture, we don’t.

Putting yourself or others on a pedestal: Similar to the above, but your entire existence in this forum is based on putting yourself on a pedestal when you appointed yourself as a ‘Community Representative’ entirely off your own back. You’re the epitomy of putting yourself on a pedestal.

Claiming those who don’t enjoy a videogame know nothing about the sport it relates to: Your entire post is based on this.

Take issue with their choice of controls: You really don’t like me wanting a simpler command for ‘driven’ passes, like the competitor does, do you?

Reason that anyone disagrees with you on somethings must be 12: You’ve gone further and suggested they have mental health issues.

Assert that anyone who doesn’t like the game is a shill: You’ve done that too.


Everything you accuse others of, you do yourself and then some.


Re: the forums.

Aye, about that. Changes coming that are not by my hand and will reflect what you say isn't so. Oh dear, nikky boy. Like I said: you're out of touch with the reality here. Too blinkered and wallowing in a misguided sense of self-importance.

The "casuals" have taken over from you pseudo-intellectual lunatics. Thank f**k.
The PES Casual
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:43 pm

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 14)

Postby Nik778899 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:12 pm

The PES Casual wrote:Like I said: you're out of touch with the reality here. Too blinkered and wallowing in a misguided sense of self-importance.

More meaningless waffle. Show me where I’ve “wallowed in a misguided sense of self-importance”.
Nothing says self-important like a man appointing himself as a Community Representative.

The PES Casual wrote:The "casuals" have taken over from you pseudo-intellectual lunatics. Thank f**k.

Imagine yourself saying that out loud in front of a group of people, then realise how ridiculous you sound.
Nik778899
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 1433
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:37 pm

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 14)

Postby Mutuality-WSDEs » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:18 pm

Sounds like the turf was is won.
Mutuality-WSDEs
Mascot
Mascot
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:34 pm

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 14)

Postby Nik778899 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:25 pm

Mutuality-WSDEs wrote:Sounds like the turf was is won.

Admin powers being awarded, I'm guessing.
Nik778899
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 1433
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:37 pm

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 14)

Postby vital » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:27 pm

The PES Casual wrote:Re: the forums.

Aye, about that. Changes coming that are not by my hand and will reflect what you say isn't so. Oh dear, nikky boy. Like I said: you're out of touch with the reality here. Too blinkered and wallowing in a misguided sense of self-importance.

The "casuals" have taken over from you pseudo-intellectual lunatics. Thank f**k.


Fucking hell, if I'd just been savaged like that I'd never be seen again. Do you have no shame? :lol: :lol: :shock:

Nik778899 deserves a medal for picking through that nonsense.
vital
Pundit
Pundit
 
Posts: 3711
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:24 pm

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 14)

Postby vital » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:30 pm

Nik778899 wrote:
Mutuality-WSDEs wrote:Sounds like the turf was is won.

Admin powers being awarded, I'm guessing.


If they put some shill in charge that bans everyone with a critical opinion someone should set up a new forum. Another idea would be to create a PES Discord channel, could be a good place for intelligent and balanced discussion as well as keeping track of the latest news.
vital
Pundit
Pundit
 
Posts: 3711
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:24 pm

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 14)

Postby Nik778899 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:30 pm

Back on-topic:

UEFA club tournament licences are gone: https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-u ... 51744.html

The 2018 UEFA Champions League final in Kyiv will mark the end of a very successful and fruitful 10-year partnership between Konami and the UEFA Champions League.
The UEFA Champions League offered the perfect media and activation platform for Konami and has been a key feature within its world-renowned Pro Evolution Soccer video game.

Commenting on the end of this long-standing partnership, Guy-Laurent Epstein, marketing director of UEFA Events SA, said: "Konami has been a strong licensing partner for the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, with our competition brand being heavily featured within the video game and as part of the popular Konami-organised UEFA Champions League e-sports tournaments’.

"It has been a very cooperative and mutually beneficial partnership. UEFA would like to thank Konami for its tremendous commitment and support to UEFA club competitions for the last decade and we look forward to continuing to work with Konami in the sphere of UEFA national team football."

Jonas Lygaard, senior director of brand & business development for Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. said: "The UEFA Champions League licence has given us a platform to create unique experiences and provide football fans from all over the world with an opportunity to enjoy this competition first-hand.

"This year, however, we will shift our focus into other areas. We will continue to explore alternative ways UEFA and Konami can continue to work together, as our relationship remains strong."


Heading to EA, no doubt.
Sounds like they're keeping the Euros licence though.
Nik778899
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 1433
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:37 pm

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 14)

Postby greeny-30 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:48 pm

The beginning of the end for PES? Will it be dead in 3 or 4 years after this?
greeny-30
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 1456
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:31 pm
Location: Seaford, East sussex
PSN: greeny26

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 14)

Postby greeny-30 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:57 pm

Edit mode will have to improve dramatically now to offset the increasing lack of licenced content.
greeny-30
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 1456
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:31 pm
Location: Seaford, East sussex
PSN: greeny26

PreviousNext

Return to PES & WE News / Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot] and 12 guests