Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 15)

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 1

Postby makepesgreatagain » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:08 pm

never thought about it before but it is gambling and encouraging kids to get into the habit

REMOVE IT UK!
makepesgreatagain
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Matt10 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:07 pm

There is no change to gameplay. Fullbacks still dropping into centerback positions as you glide down the sidelines. The center midfielder raises their hands with such haste you'd think they were a forward on a high defensive line.
Matt10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Twitter: @Matt10L

Postby miguelfcp » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:17 pm

if it's considered gambling, the logical next step is to ask the question I do all the time: why is this game PEGI +3 then?
I honestly have no issues with grown men choosing to spend their money and gaming time on whatever they choose, but when a PEGI 3+ game's main platform (also advertised heavily even on the offline modes) is a gambling platform, you have a problem.
miguelfcp
Mascot
Mascot

Postby elmickio » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:29 pm

Matt10 wrote:There is no change to gameplay. Fullbacks still dropping into centerback positions as you glide down the sidelines. The center midfielder raises their hands with such haste you'd think they were a forward on a high defensive line.

I guess Konami logic now is that they've sold 100 million copies they can make whatever game that they want and suckers like me etc will get caught because now it's a thrill ride to get that black ball legend man.

We clearly are in the wrong.

How dare we demand a more satisfying offline experience.
elmickio
Youth Team
Youth Team

PSN: El_mickio
Twitter: @elmickio

Postby makepesgreatagain » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:44 pm

elmickio wrote:
Matt10 wrote:There is no change to gameplay. Fullbacks still dropping into centerback positions as you glide down the sidelines. The center midfielder raises their hands with such haste you'd think they were a forward on a high defensive line.

I guess Konami logic now is that they've sold 100 million copies they can make whatever game that they want and suckers like me etc will get caught because now it's a thrill ride to get that black ball legend man.

you got a link to pictures of the classic option file in yur sig? will help extend pes 18 lifeline. does it have the official pes legends included where possible?
makepesgreatagain
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby elmickio » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:47 pm

makepesgreatagain wrote:
elmickio wrote:

you got a link to pictures of the classic option file in yur sig? will help extend pes 18 lifeline. does it have the official pes legends included where possible?

That's from 2011 i think? Sorry obsolete
elmickio
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby makepesgreatagain » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:09 pm

elmickio wrote:
makepesgreatagain wrote:I guess Konami logic now is that they've sold 100 million copies they can make whatever game that they want and suckers like me etc will get caught because now it's a thrill ride to get that black ball legend man.

DELETE DELETE DELETE!
makepesgreatagain
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby danielrh » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:34 pm

bigol83 wrote:Konami last August stated that as of June 2017 total sales of Pes series were at 96.7.

Now they are giving some community member gifts to celebrate 100 million total sales, that means that Pes 2018 sold more than 3 mln copies.

That result is roughly the same as Pes 2015,16 and 17 but very low compared to every Ps3 Pes game.

got my gift (put it up on twitter Nik) arrived in the post yesterday ... Thanks Konami - and awesome film Avengers Infinity war ...... Incredible

The news regarding Belgium banning loot boxes/ loot crates will pose an interesting scenario for games going forward look at God of War a story driven game, because the developers have created a deep and satisfying offline game it has sold really really well.

MyClub could approach things in a different way this year in game coins or even purchased gold coins could be used to obtain agents to unlock players so if you get for eg a black ball agent this means you do get a guaranteed black ball player and a gold agent guarantees a gold player and so forth

Obviously a black ball agent will cost a higher fee but at least you are getting a guaranteed black ball player instead of gambling away for a agent and not guaranteeing a top player.

The belgium ruling should make companies realise that deep satisfying, offline games that have longevity will a least get them good sales like a God of War or the upcoming Spider-Man game (a offline game with no microtransactions)
PESLeague UK Official Event Admin

Official PESLeague PES2018 tournament website
https://pesleague.konami.net/2018/eu/en/

PES2019 is "the POWER of football"
danielrh
Pundit
Pundit

Gamertag: Vict0r Sweet
PSN: Vict0rSweet1
Twitter: @danielrhenry

Postby Pwalie86 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:37 pm

I'm an offline player as well. Mainly with Fifa. All it is, is pretty much FUT FUT FUT all year round. I just want a better bloody career mode, but I've been waiting years for it to happen. They still have some features from Fifa 12 that haven't changed a tiny bit like the crappy press conferences.

Guaranteed without FUT or MyClub, we'd have a deep and engaging career mode game to play that rivals Football Manager.

But of course you get the 'It doesn't make them any money, why would they improve it?' Like, that £50 I spent on this year's game was fucking Monopoly money wasn't it?

Fifa and PES should just do a subscription-based service where we can choose which version we'd like and then maybe we'd get more of a balanced game.
The DJ to the music like the turkey to the gravy, techno techno techno, Bisto Bisto Bisto!
Pwalie86
First Team
First Team

Gamertag: Pwaliebwoy86
PSN: IM-FO-REALZ

Postby Pwalie86 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:46 pm

danielrh wrote:
bigol83 wrote:Konami last August stated that as of June 2017 total sales of Pes series were at 96.7.

Now they are giving some community member gifts to celebrate 100 million total sales, that means that Pes 2018 sold more than 3 mln copies.

That result is roughly the same as Pes 2015,16 and 17 but very low compared to every Ps3 Pes game.

got my gift (put it up on twitter Nik) arrived in the post yesterday ... Thanks Konami - and awesome film Avengers Infinity war ...... Incredible

The news regarding Belgium banning loot boxes/ loot crates will pose an interesting scenario for games going forward look at God of War a story driven game, because the developers have created a deep and satisfying offline game it has sold really really well.

MyClub could approach things in a different way this year in game coins or even purchased gold coins could be used to obtain agents to unlock players so if you get for eg a black ball agent this means you do get a guaranteed black ball player and a gold agent guarantees a gold player and so forth

Obviously a black ball agent will cost a higher fee but at least you are getting a guaranteed black ball player instead of gambling away for a agent and not guaranteeing a top player.

The belgium ruling should make companies realise that deep satisfying, offline games that have longevity will a least get them good sales like a God of War or the upcoming Spider-Man game (a offline game with no microtransactions)

I think it's just an easy way out for EA Sports and Konami. They just can't be bothered to make great games so that's why they don't really try with offline modes now because now they pretty much have the knowledge they'll still rake it in by allowing microtransactions.

Really wish they'd still did things like back in the old days. You'd buy a game and that's it. No patches, and games didn't need them because companies weren't so greedy so they took their time. All the best PES games didn't need patches to work right so what does that tell you?
The DJ to the music like the turkey to the gravy, techno techno techno, Bisto Bisto Bisto!
Pwalie86
First Team
First Team

Postby bigol83 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:50 pm

Patches are not bad, dlcs are not bad.

Years ago no game had patches but it wasn't because every game was perfect at launch, it simply was because there was no way to update Ps2 games.
bigol83
First Team
First Team

Twitter: @bigol83

Postby herbo » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:56 pm

Wow got my gift 50000 points. Did 4 spins all 4 silver pointless players players. Why give us the the points to spend what's the point. Can't play offline ml to easy i prefer playing human opponents but it's just a joke with this transfer system.
herbo
Ballboy
Ballboy

PSN: G---Man--

Postby Nik778899 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:04 pm

makepesgreatagain wrote:
elmickio wrote:

DELETE DELETE DELETE!

WONDERFUL
Nik778899
First Team
First Team

Postby tosser » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:07 pm

Pwalie86 wrote:I'm an offline player as well. Mainly with Fifa. All it is, is pretty much FUT FUT FUT all year round. I just want a better bloody career mode, but I've been waiting years for it to happen. They still have some features from Fifa 12 that haven't changed a tiny bit like the crappy press conferences.

Guaranteed without FUT or MyClub, we'd have a deep and engaging career mode game to play that rivals Football Manager..

Pwalie86 wrote:IReally wish they'd still did things like back in the old days. You'd buy a game and that's it. No patches, and games didn't need them because companies weren't so greedy so they took their time. All the best PES games didn't need patches to work right so what does that tell you?

Agree and agree. Wish football games had never gone online.
tosser
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby Pwalie86 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:17 pm

herbo wrote:Wow got my gift 50000 points. Did 4 spins all 4 silver pointless players players. Why give us the the points to spend what's the point. Can't play offline ml to easy i prefer playing human opponents but it's just a joke with this transfer system.

You know why you prefer playing a real opponent? Because it's more unpredictable I bet.

I guarantee that EA and Konami could make A.I nearly, if not, as good as that, but they don't bother because it means less microtransactions for them.
Pwalie86
First Team
First Team

Postby bigol83 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:33 pm

tosser wrote:
Pwalie86 wrote:I'm an offline player as well. Mainly with Fifa. All it is, is pretty much FUT FUT FUT all year round. I just want a better bloody career mode, but I've been waiting years for it to happen. They still have some features from Fifa 12 that haven't changed a tiny bit like the crappy press conferences.

Guaranteed without FUT or MyClub, we'd have a deep and engaging career mode game to play that rivals Football Manager..

Pwalie86 wrote:IReally wish they'd still did things like back in the old days. You'd buy a game and that's it. No patches, and games didn't need them because companies weren't so greedy so they took their time. All the best PES games didn't need patches to work right so what does that tell you?

Now you are behaving like old men. Online is not bad per se, it's amazing. It's how people and companies use it, both in gaming and life that makes it bad. When they rely too much on it shipping completely unfinished products i agree with you but that depends on company greed. Blame Konami, not online.
bigol83
First Team
First Team

Twitter: @bigol83

Postby Pwalie86 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:42 pm

bigol83 wrote:
tosser wrote:

Now you are behaving like old men. Online is not bad per se, it's amazing. It's how people and companies use it, both in gaming and life that makes it bad. When they rely too much on it shipping completely unfinished products i agree with you but that depends on company greed. Blame Konami, not online.

Forgive the lateness of my reply. Just been to the shop for some Werther's Originals.

Companies should be able to balance online and offline, no matter how much money they make from online games. FUT or MyClub doesn't bother me with how it's done. Just wished they tried better with other modes. To me it feels like they're afraid of really improving anything in case people jump ship and they'll lose money from transactions.

So a lot of people are forking out about £45-50 for a game that has minimal improvements. It's been like this for a few years now. Where's my money going? I play career mode so what is that money buying me? Wouldn't bother me if it was like £20-25, but friggin £50 for an annual sports title is wrong. I know they can't change everything in a year, but they should surely have long-term ideas. Nothing much has changed for years now. Fifa career mode has some exact same features since Fifa 12. That is beyond a joke.
Pwalie86
First Team
First Team

Postby elmickio » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:45 pm

Regarding the online, PES6 on XBOX 360 was perfect. The game itself was average, but i played it many times.

Compared to now, and the games have been laggy messes, I've barely played any online simce that.

I've played other games online and the results have been inconsistent. Currently playing Monster Hunter World PS4 and no issues at all.

Is PES a p2p based system?
elmickio
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Rach08 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:26 pm

Are you meant to get a legend player when signing into Myclub today?
Neil Lennon This is not the end...this is just the beginning

Tommy Burns When you put on the Celtic jersey you’re not playing for a football team, you’re playing for a community and a cause

Xavier Hernández i Creus Celtic, like Barcelona, are more than a football club. Our clubs are a symbol of a culture and community that has not always been made welcome in their respective countries
Rach08
First Team
First Team

Postby elmickio » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:21 pm

I got Romario.

I was also given coins so i gambled them all. Ended up with

Gold Umiti
Gold Wistel
Silver Locatelli
Two french silver players i never heard off

Doesn't matter anyway as i won't play it. Just curious to see