PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 13)

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 13)

Postby The PES Casual » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:39 pm

Mutuality-WSDEs wrote:
The PES Casual wrote:
Mutuality-WSDEs wrote:Which bit was tin foil?

If your refrain about conspiracy theories is to actually mean anything, surely you should be able to point it out.

Otherwise it can end up just looking like a lazy dodge. A kind of cooler headed way of conceding an argument compared to your much-more-entertaining vitriolic meltdowns.

Annnnnnnnnnnd there it is. Confirmation bias.

We aren't going to be talking to each other on here any longer, Mutu. By all means, you continue with your half-assed conspiracy theories on here if you wish, but our exchanges on here are over. Completely. I'm not going to engage with someone who will likely take every word I say as proof of their own take. Always. Not gonna do it, mate. Tried it with the on-topic questions and you wandered off into your wee conspiracy bubble.

[AWAITS PREDICTABLE "THE IRONY" POST]

Lazy dodge it is, then.

Breaking my rule for this one time only:

No, freedom of speech, freedom to ignore it is, moon-unit.

Congrats on the further confirmation bias there. ON FORM.
The PES Casual
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby The PES Casual » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:41 pm

miguelfcp wrote:Oh, please, let's not go through the licensing route. There's nothing stopping you from creating a fantasy adboard, a fantasy scoreboard, a fantasy stadium, fantasy brands, fantasy everything basically, compensating for the licenses you don't own. There's lack of immagination and vision in order to do that, yes. I don't need a SkySports scoreboard on the game if Konami TV is broadcasting it, but then you'd have to put on the effort to make the game look as an actual broadcast, and that is so much work.

I have absolutely no objections to fantasy adboards and alike. Apologies, Miguel, I never said that there needs to be something there is no official stuff in my original post. Probably should have stated that.
The PES Casual
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby miguelfcp » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:43 pm

#976 reason for PES' decline as a simulation:

Overall ratings for players, yet another thing copied from FIFA that makes no sense. It welcomes gamers to make superficial judgements about the worth of players, as it's crucial for the success of your team to analyze every player's stat thoroughly in order to understand what he can and can't do on the pitch, and then elaborate a team strategy able to mitigate your players' weaknesses and highlight their strengths.

A 200cm tall guy whose only ability is strength and heading acc. is much more useful if my strategy is to play long balls and use him as a post player than a guy with many 70+ or 80 stats but short and weak on the aerial battle. Modern football games encourage us to pick the latter as his overall rating is so much better, but regardless of his overall I'd pick the first one because he fits my strategy better.

A great real-life example of this is Gabi from Atletico Madrid. He's not world class at absolutely anything expect for the fact he has lots of stamina, he's a great leader on the pitch and has one of the highest football IQs in the world - rarely ever commits mistakes with or without the ball, comprehends and applies the team strategy flawlessly, and knows whether to perform any individual action or not providing it benefits the team. If he hadn't this three qualities, he'd be playing for a mid-table La Liga team, and in real-life he can be considered an Atletico legend already. You'd certainly overlook a player similar to him in any modern football videogame because the overall rating would be rather poor, yet such a player could be decisive to step up your team's performance and counterbalance the fact that you have two or three young attacking midfielders with great dribbling but poor mental stats, a Gabi-like-player is going to act like the "glue" that combines natural talent and intelligent and therefore make the team act as a whole on the pitch.
miguelfcp
Mascot
Mascot

Postby miguelfcp » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:51 pm

The PES Casual wrote:
miguelfcp wrote:Oh, please, let's not go through the licensing route. There's nothing stopping you from creating a fantasy adboard, a fantasy scoreboard, a fantasy stadium, fantasy brands, fantasy everything basically, compensating for the licenses you don't own. There's lack of immagination and vision in order to do that, yes. I don't need a SkySports scoreboard on the game if Konami TV is broadcasting it, but then you'd have to put on the effort to make the game look as an actual broadcast, and that is so much work.

I have absolutely no objections to fantasy adboards and alike. Apologies, Miguel, I never said that there needs to be something there is no official stuff in my original post. Probably should have stated that.

I'm not saying you object to it, I'm saying the lack of licensing - which has been one of the greatest Konami excuses of the decade - shall never be an impediment for you to create a great simulation with additional depth provided by content such as the content I mentioned. How cool would it be if you could sign a contract with a sports brand on Become a Legend? Replace Adidas with CasualSports, Nike with MiguelfcpBrand, design completely fantasy shirts, jackets, boots, balls and there you have it. Just an example of maaaany one could come up with to overcome lack of licensing. The only thing needed is to have a vision and an idea for what you want to accomplish...
miguelfcp
Mascot
Mascot

Previous

Return to PES & WE News / Discussion