PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 10)

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 10)

Postby Philla » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:18 pm

PESWENB wrote:
I enjoyed the offline experience on it and as for beating them without passing well.....I know they were a lot easier but if you played the game properly you'd enjoy it.

How should i have played it properly? Playing the game "like you play football" makes it even easier.

Please note the CPU AI running into the defence like headless chickens. How to favor this over the AI of PES2018 is beyond me.
Philla
First Team
First Team

Postby PESWENB » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:22 pm

Philla wrote:
PESWENB wrote:
I enjoyed the offline experience on it and as for beating them without passing well.....I know they were a lot easier but if you played the game properly you'd enjoy it.

How should i have played it properly? Playing the game "like you play football" makes it even easier.

Please note the CPU AI running into the defence like headless chickens. How to favor this over the AI of PES2018 is beyond me.

Well for starters, who plays a football game without passing, that's not properly :lol:

The ai on 2018 just cheat which is why it's harder, i'd like it to be harder sure but realistically harder because on 2018 i can see how they will score past me but i'm powerless to stop it from happening which isn't fun.
My Youtube channel:
http://bit.do/YouTube-channel

Follow me on Google+
http://goo.gl/Ku01yo

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/PESWENB
PESWENB
Manager
Manager

Twitter: @PESWENB

Postby Forced_Reps » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:33 pm

PES 17 was fun for the first 2 ML seasons, then it just turned into an absolute arcade, frantic, non-stop mess, because all players development was totally overpowered so you had an amazing team inside 3 seasons, which in turn made signing any players pointless.

3 trebles back to back on Superstar, without a single well known player in my squad, and beating Real Madrid 10-0 on agg in the CL semi final, with Ronaldo and Bale being anonymous, put an end to my time with PES17
Forced_Reps
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Twitter: @PESFX

Postby gbristow15 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:33 pm

Would be really interesting to know how many copies of the game they have shifted, It seems that sales are what hold it back to an extent Konami dont seem to make many games now that sell in their millions, in fact they dont make many games full stop.

Unless they have had huge sales this time round things will never change to the level that we all hope for, they clearly do not have the financial resources for their PES division.

At some point something has got to give, I still think they would be better letting a new developer take over the series, someone like 2k.
Last edited by gbristow15 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gbristow15
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby Philla » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:34 pm

PESWENB wrote:
Philla wrote:
PESWENB wrote:

Well for starters, who plays a football game without passing, that's not properly :lol:

The ai on 2018 just cheat which is why it's harder, i'd like it to be harder sure but realistically harder because on 2018 i can see how they will score past me but i'm powerless to stop it from happening which isn't fun.

You got what i said? Playing with passing doesn´t make the game more difficult, to your information.

Generally i don´t have a problem that the CPU punishes me when i don´t get me defensive line sorted. Appearently it is possible.
Philla
First Team
First Team

Postby twobobpeeters » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:37 pm

Forced_Reps wrote:PES 17 was fun for the first 2 ML seasons, then it just turned into an absolute arcade, frantic, non-stop mess, because all players development was totally overpowered so you had an amazing team inside 3 seasons, which in turn made signing any players pointless.

3 trebles back to back on Superstar, without a single well known player in my squad, and beating Real Madrid 10-0 on agg in the CL semi final, with Ronaldo and Bale being anonymous, put an end to my time with PES17

true but i manafactured my experience so that i didn't have any overdeveloped youngsters or a ridiculously high team spirit and it played ok for a good few seasons more than that, I was happy enough doing that for one year but not again, not with a worse Master League
twobobpeeters
First Team
First Team

PSN: ookieusm

Postby Forced_Reps » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:45 pm

Twobob - i dont expect when I buy a game to have to impose restrictions on how I play it or what i do with it, in order to make the game work properly.

Youths that develop into 90+ rated players in 3 seasons, regens that appear in the youth team rated 85+ etc ....
Not good.

The regens seems much better this year, and so far Player development hasn't rocketed, even though I'm only one season in, but the broken transfers by COM teams still ruin the experience.

Still enjoying the game play as its very good, but its kind of like the enjoyment you get when you've had one of those killer raging toothaches that makes your whole head ache, throb and shudder,then you get a lull where the pain dies down to a just manageable level, but feels amazing not to be in such pain for a few mins.
Forced_Reps
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Twitter: @PESFX

Postby PESWENB » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:51 pm

Philla wrote:You got what i said? Playing with passing doesn´t make the game more difficult, to your information.

Generally i don´t have a problem that the CPU punishes me when i don´t get me defensive line sorted. Appearently it is possible.

Yes i know but the no passing thing was a bit ridiculous :lol:

Oh i don't have a problem either if they do a lofted through ball and punish me by playing intelligently but lofted through balls is all they do no matter what it is, on 2018 they only are programmed to attack in 2 ways, through balls or go down the wing (do the skill which always beats you) and cross it in, that's how they score 99% of the goals.
My Youtube channel:

Follow me on Google+

Follow me on Twitter:
PESWENB
Manager
Manager

Postby Philla » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:06 pm

PESWENB wrote:
Philla wrote:You got what i said? Playing with passing doesn´t make the game more difficult, to your information.

Oh i don't have a problem either if they do a lofted through ball and punish me by playing intelligently but lofted through balls is all they do no matter what it is, on 2018 they only are programmed to attack in 2 ways, through balls or go down the wing (do the skill which always beats you) and cross it in, that's how they score 99% of the goals.

What better alternative do you have for showing that the 2017 AI was unable to track you down instead of going to the extreme and beat Barca with one single player alone?

I am completely with you and i am waiting for a game where the AI challenges me by reasonable, intelligent and measured football. I haven´t seen it so far, not from EA, not from Konami. And surely not from PES2017.
Philla
First Team
First Team

Postby makepesgreatagain » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:14 pm

guys just listen to me

1 player in a sports game is silly.
makepesgreatagain
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby twobobpeeters » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:25 pm

makepesgreatagain wrote:guys just listen to me

2 player is bloody terrible too unfortunately :lol:
twobobpeeters
First Team
First Team

PSN: ookieusm

Postby PESWENB » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:55 pm

Philla wrote:
PESWENB wrote:

What better alternative do you have for showing that the 2017 AI was unable to track you down instead of going to the extreme and beat Barca with one single player alone?

I am completely with you and i am waiting for a game where the AI challenges me by reasonable, intelligent and measured football. I haven´t seen it so far, not from EA, not from Konami. And surely not from PES2017.

I've never said the ai on 2017 was really good or perfect, i'm saying it myself that it was easy but at least it isn't as heavily scripted as 2018 where the ai constantly cheat and spam you with the same thing over and over again, i just enjoyed playing it more that's all, can't say the same for 2018.
My Youtube channel:

Follow me on Google+

Follow me on Twitter:
PESWENB
Manager
Manager

Postby Architect » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:34 pm

Quick question, what's the best current PS4 patch out there that also includes the Bundesliga?
Architect

Postby Achiej84 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:14 pm

Waiting for the Footy United podcast!
Achiej84
Ballboy
Ballboy

PSN: Achiej84
Twitter: Achiej84

Postby orangebard » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:46 pm

Why?
orangebard
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dunder_1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:16 pm

Just played a few more games on top player. And I think again I might have found a way lessen the wide through ball's.

I made my defense a flat back 4. Just by dragging the full backs, back in line with the centre half's. I won't say its working until I have played at least 10 more games but for the last 3 or 4 it's made a difference
Dunder_1
Mascot
Mascot

Postby PESWENB » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:27 pm

Dunder_1 wrote:Just played a few more games on top player. And I think again I might have found a way lessen the wide through ball's.

I made my defense a flat back 4. Just by dragging the full backs, back in line with the centre half's. I won't say its working until I have played at least 10 more games but for the last 3 or 4 it's made a difference

The problem now is that Top player is becoming too easy for me.....I'm using Fulham and my TS is in the 50's and my striker is banging in hat-tricks for fun.....But if i switch to superstar they will absolutely spam me with through balls non-stop.....Still happens on top player but not as scripted.
My Youtube channel:

Follow me on Google+

Follow me on Twitter:
PESWENB
Manager
Manager

Postby bearwithit » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:43 pm

Yeah if your playing a offline game as inept as PES 2018
Follow Follow
bearwithit
Youth Team
Youth Team

PSN: scottio19

Postby Rach08 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:57 pm

I'm hearing EA have already released a large patch to fix problems. Anyone on here know if it did indeed improve the game?

I would hazard a guess and say that balloon Bhatti and his sidekick are extremely rude people in real life.

Was reading on twitter earlier that he was blocking more people! These are bloody fans of the game who are disgruntled at the state of something they spent their hard earned money on! Sure he blocked me a few years back for pressing him on an issue!

Konami are nothing but incompetent fools. Anyone who believes different aren't being honest with themselves
Neil Lennon This is not the end...this is just the beginning

Tommy Burns When you put on the Celtic jersey you’re not playing for a football team, you’re playing for a community and a cause

Xavier Hernández i Creus Celtic, like Barcelona, are more than a football club. Our clubs are a symbol of a culture and community that has not always been made welcome in their respective countries
Rach08
First Team
First Team

Postby PESWENB » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:06 pm

Rach08 wrote:I'm hearing EA have already released a large patch to fix problems. Anyone on here know if it did indeed improve the game?

I would hazard a guess and say that balloon Bhatti and his sidekick are extremely rude people in real life.

Was reading on twitter earlier that he was blocking more people! These are bloody fans of the game who are disgruntled at the state of something they spent their hard earned money on! Sure he blocked me a few years back for pressing him on an issue!

Konami are nothing but incompetent fools. Anyone who believes different aren't being honest with themselves

It's pretty sad when you give them constructive feedback and they ignore it :(
My Youtube channel:

Follow me on Google+

Follow me on Twitter:
PESWENB
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext