PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 10)

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 10)

Postby gee_simpson » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:03 pm

As I've already said, EA have actually produced a decent game vs the CPU this year to my surprise. Legendary with sim style sliders make the game enjoyable vs CPU for me. Other than that I play Pro Clubs mode. I haven't played PES for over a week now which has surprised me tbh.
19.05.12 1-5 FTH
gee_simpson
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PSN: JamboGee92
Twitter: @Gee_Simpson

Postby Ameobinho » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:47 pm

Absolutely loving the apologists on other forums claiming that this is just a visual update and has nothing to do with gameplay.

In two days they will be praising konami for patching the gameplay in a hidden way lol
Ameobinho
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby chilleverest » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:41 am

Dribbling and the flow of PES is still unrivaled, but other aspects drags these two core points to such an extent that there is no motivation to play the game. Been playing FIFA lately, specially offline squad battle and some of the first touches are superb (pes is better when controlling aerial balls). But the way players move, the physicality, a seamless full football match experience (players reaction to fouls, no cutscenes use etc) is just superb in fifa.
Who ate all the pies?
Bring Seabass back.
chilleverest
International
International

Twitter: @chilleverest

Postby chilleverest » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:10 am

Seabass gets a Thank you in credits alongside with Asim tanvir. It seems as if both of them have similar amount of contribution to the game to be in the ''Thank You to these folk'' category.

The dev team is ridiculously small, maximum 40 men team. Keeping the cost at a complete minimum for development while plunging money for unnecessary exclusives deals is strategically flawed (eg. paying massive premium to big artists like Linkin Park when they could easily use indies). I don't get the idea of three year development unless these guys were just releasing an updated game prior to this year, and even with that, the current 3 yr cycle game feels unfinished.
Who ate all the pies?
Bring Seabass back.
chilleverest
International
International

Twitter: @chilleverest

Postby TJHUCKER » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:00 am

I would like to see the AI read your intentions like precious editions. Had some really tight games against superstar teams.

I really think there needs to be more done. The mode of black balls is annoying .. I want to sign players in MLO. FIFA have a great app that allows u to trade online with your phone.

Although I'm happy having morata as my CF and Mourinho as my manager.
" Hoping for a decent football game "

" FIFA has grown but needs coach mode "
TJHUCKER
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Gamertag: TJ HUCKER
PSN: TJHUCKER

Postby danielrh » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:18 am

Rach08 wrote:I'm hearing EA have already released a large patch to fix problems. Anyone on here know if it did indeed improve the game?

I would hazard a guess and say that balloon Bhatti and his sidekick are extremely rude people in real life.

Was reading on twitter earlier that he was blocking more people! These are bloody fans of the game who are disgruntled at the state of something they spent their hard earned money on! Sure he blocked me a few years back for pressing him on an issue!

Konami are nothing but incompetent fools. Anyone who believes different aren't being honest with themselves

Morning lads !!!

Trust me Adam and Asim are not rude to people in public, I've met them a few times now and have spent whole days with them inc most recently with Asim at the Emirates for the PES2017 world finals and at Anfield with Adam for the PES2018 world tour (man time files eh) ..... I love and respect these guys, believe me they want PES to be a great game for all, PES is in their blood, the bottom line is all of us inc Adam and Asim are relying on Japan.

the game play patch will be here soon just hold on a little longer - it's undergoing testing to make sure it's balanced out, once it's ready it will drop
PESLeague UK Official Event Admin

Official PESLeague PES2018 tournament website
https://pesleague.konami.net/2018/eu/en/

PES2019 is "the POWER of football"
danielrh
Pundit
Pundit

Gamertag: Vict0r Sweet
PSN: Vict0rSweet1
Twitter: @danielrhenry

Postby harmonyvid35 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:34 am

Patch details:

A variety or minor adjustments have been made to each mode to improve the overall gaming experience.

After I read that I checked my XboxOne menu and the game crashed (which it has been doing since day 1).
Then I noticed that the game itself now doesn't show up on the dashboard or recent games menu. It's become a ghost game :roll:
Either give us a Semi-Assisted passing option, or bring back the 'One' passing system for all and make stats matter again. Considering it's what everyone does 99% of the time - it needs fixing.
harmonyvid35
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby makepesgreatagain » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:36 am

danielrh wrote:
Rach08 wrote:I'm hearing EA have already released a large patch to fix problems. Anyone on here know if it did indeed improve the game?

I would hazard a guess and say that balloon Bhatti and his sidekick are extremely rude people in real life.

Was reading on twitter earlier that he was blocking more people! These are bloody fans of the game who are disgruntled at the state of something they spent their hard earned money on! Sure he blocked me a few years back for pressing him on an issue!

Konami are nothing but incompetent fools. Anyone who believes different aren't being honest with themselves

Morning lads !!!

Trust me Adam and Asim are not rude to people in public, I've met them a few times now and have spent whole days with them inc most recently with Asim at the Emirates for the PES2017 world finals and at Anfield with Adam for the PES2018 world tour (man time files eh) ..... I love and respect these guys, believe me they want PES to be a great game for all, PES is in their blood, the bottom line is all of us inc Adam and Asim are relying on Japan.

the game play patch will be here soon just hold on a little longer - it's undergoing testing to make sure it's balanced out, once it's ready it will drop

will it address online scripting?
makepesgreatagain
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby twobobpeeters » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:43 am

danielrh wrote:

Morning lads !!!

then why is it so ball achingly shit right now?
twobobpeeters
First Team
First Team

PSN: ookieusm

Postby greeny-30 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:55 am

makepesgreatagain wrote:guys just listen to me

1 player in a sports game is silly.

Don't start spouting that shit in here again. You sound like a complete idiot when you keep bringing this ridiculous argument up.
greeny-30
First Team
First Team

PSN: greeny26

Postby makepesgreatagain » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:06 am

haha thats why everyone is crying over 1 player

i was proven right, eat your humble pie and learn from this :lol:
makepesgreatagain
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tottiwhat » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:09 am

Am I right in thinking that once the new data pack is installed I will have to re-install the pesuniverse OF? Is that correct?
Tottiwhat

Postby Jordan93 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:11 am

"Updated cut scenes" in ML. Lol if that's what they chose to edit out of all the things wrong with that mode I give up lol
Jordan93
Youth Team
Youth Team

PSN: Onimusha78

Postby Sakdov » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:25 am

Grabbed from Neogafs charts posting (UK only - No WW info i can see)

Konami’s Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 landed No.10, once again losing its fight against FIFA and with sales down 16.7 per cent compared to PES 2017.

Below just for context on the month
Sales of boxed video games improved in the UK during September compared with the same period a year before.

Over 2.36m physical games were sold, a rise of 7% over September 2016. The main sales drivers were FIFA 18 and Destiny 2, with the EA title claiming the No.1 spot ahead of Activision's shooter.

FIFA 18's physical launch sales are lower than FIFA 17's (although FIFA 17 was on sale for a bit longer), and last year didn't have a secondary 'Destiny 2-sized' launch, so the 7% rise needs to be taken in that context.

The surprise star performer of September was NBA 2K18, which is 28% up in sales compared to last year's title (physical sales only).

Month One sales for Destiny 2 are down 50 per cent compared to Destiny.
Sakdov
Mascot
Mascot

Postby makepesgreatagain » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:43 am

bad sales used to make me worry about pes future

now i feel like its a slap in the face they badly need

they are now losing hardcore fanbase. looks like newbies aint enough to keep them going
makepesgreatagain
Youth Team
Youth Team

Previous

Return to PES & WE News / Discussion