General Chat (Part 2)

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: General Chat (Part 2)

Postby Thommohawk » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:17 am

danielrh wrote:Super Mario Odyssey on the Nintendo switch 10/10 ........... and I've only made a start, awesome fun Nintendo has another hit on there hands

This and Breath Of The Wild are going to be the first two games I get for the Switch when I get round to getting one! Straight on it with Mario Kart 8 too, that was by far the best Mario Kart game since the N64 version or Double Dash.

Looking forward to Metroid Prime 4 as well, praying they don't **** it up! Awesome that DOOM is on there too. Great game that.

All these games can be played truly on the go too. Talk about a selling point! The Switch does something that no other home console (ever) could do. 8-)
I wanted orange, it gave me lemon lime!
Thommohawk
Pundit
Pundit

Postby chilleverest » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:02 pm

I have never had a modern nintendo console, i dearly love my gb classic and have a ds, thinking to buy 3ds because of its library and firmware scene, but man ! is the switch kicking ass with its softwares, seriously compelling titles making me consider buying a switch, too broke though :(
Who ate all the pies?
Bring Seabass back.
chilleverest
International
International

Twitter: @chilleverest

Postby TwoSicilies » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:13 am

nintendo was & always was the sh**. ps1 & 2 had their period too but nintendo overall DOMINATED. currently playing catching up on nostalgic gamecube & wii id recommend ISS3 on gc it is exaclty when konami pipped electronic arts & went all out for the crown.
TwoSicilies

Postby TwoSicilies » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:31 am

Like Microsoft are with AOE Definitive Edition remake Konami should do similar with undisputed cult classics WE9 Liveware Evolution or even WE8 or example.
TwoSicilies

Postby Thommohawk » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:16 pm

TwoSicilies wrote:nintendo was & always was the sh**. ps1 & 2 had their period too but nintendo overall DOMINATED. currently playing catching up on nostalgic gamecube & wii id recommend ISS3 on gc it is exaclty when konami pipped electronic arts & went all out for the crown.

I disagree, if anything I'd say that's true of PlayStation. Not Nintendo.

And I say this as a PlayStation guy admittedly, although I still love Nintendo it was my first and always will be. :lol:

The Switch is killing it right now, I only hope it continues. I'm extremely interested to see Metroid Prime 4! Just a shame Retro Studios isn't making it... :(
Thommohawk
Pundit
Pundit

Postby TwoSicilies » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:20 pm

hmmm very interesting admittedly yes Ps1, Ps2 & maybe Ps3 too were solid as what do you thing about old school classics like WE9LE would you be interested in a ENG, HD remake of it?
TwoSicilies

Postby Thommohawk » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:32 am

The only way it'd work IMO is if they did what Double Helix did for the Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix. Have proper updated graphics and assets over top of the original sprite work.

Also if they free up the game a little bit so you've more than 8 way control (therefor stick control) but not so much freedom of pass and move that the AI has a heart attack.

It'd also require lots of work on the audio side of things too. If it were to happen Konami of today would find a way to screw it all up anyhow - they used to hire geniuses and release pure quality whereas now they hire idiots and piss people off.

So under the right circumstances I'd be interested. Anything less and nah, not for me. Plus can get it on PC as it is pseudo remastered using any controller updated rosters any resolution and play online free - will have to Google how though.
Thommohawk
Pundit
Pundit

Postby chilleverest » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:21 pm

What do you guys think of the handhelds ? I always like the idea of laying on bed and playing an engrossing RPG for hundreds of hours. I've been revisiting New Vegas again and i just wish there was some way to play it on a handheld, and what a game NV is. I could see myself buying switch near future as nintendo puts so much heart and effort into their games and haven't succumbed to pathetic lootbox culture which i hope they never will.
Who ate all the pies?
Bring Seabass back.
chilleverest
International
International

Postby Thommohawk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:25 pm

chilleverest wrote:What do you guys think of the handhelds ? I always like the idea of laying on bed and playing an engrossing RPG for hundreds of hours. I've been revisiting New Vegas again and i just wish there was some way to play it on a handheld, and what a game NV is. I could see myself buying switch near future as nintendo puts so much heart and effort into their games and haven't succumbed to pathetic lootbox culture which i hope they never will.

I need to get a Switch, and I hope BioShock Infinite comes out for it because that is a great game for me. Looking forward to Metroid Prime 4 too, I just hope it lives up to the particular franchise. The GameCube and Wii Prime games were awesome!

Regards to other handhelds I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and I use that with a PS4 pad to play various emulators on the go. It's ace! Love it. 8-)
Thommohawk
Pundit
Pundit

Postby danny275 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:18 am

Tempted to sell my PS4 and get a Switch. Can't remember the last game I actually played on the thing :lol:
danny275
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Postby Thommohawk » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:34 am

danny275 wrote:Tempted to sell my PS4 and get a Switch. Can't remember the last game I actually played on the thing :lol:

Not sure if you've got a Pro, I have and can honestly say performance wise it's what the original PS4 should have been. Boost mode makes all the difference.

Did you know the Switch is outselling the PS4 in Japan 3-1? Already eclipsed the Wii-U lifetime sales I think.
Thommohawk
Pundit
Pundit

Postby danny275 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:01 pm

Thommohawk wrote:
danny275 wrote:Tempted to sell my PS4 and get a Switch. Can't remember the last game I actually played on the thing :lol:

Not sure if you've got a Pro, I have and can honestly say performance wise it's what the original PS4 should have been. Boost mode makes all the difference.

Did you know the Switch is outselling the PS4 in Japan 3-1? Already eclipsed the Wii-U lifetime sales I think.

Nah haven't got a pro. Got my PS4 when Destiny came out (which was a fucking abomination of a game, imo). The whole slight upgrade of a console thing has put me off Sony and Microsoft's consoles.

The Switch has been a massive success which I'm actually delighted about. I always give Nintendo a hard time but glad to see their back to making actually decent consoles
danny275
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Postby RFC41GE » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:18 pm

Destiny was awesome in it's hey day, put like 3000 hours into it, was like one big social experiment so many cultures came together to raid do trials etc. had some amazing times.

Played D2 for a week, too much the same, nowadays it's all about that chicken dinner :)
RFC41GE
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby danielrh » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:49 pm

danny275 wrote:
Thommohawk wrote:

Nah haven't got a pro. Got my PS4 when Destiny came out (which was a fucking abomination of a game, imo). The whole slight upgrade of a console thing has put me off Sony and Microsoft's consoles.

The Switch has been a massive success which I'm actually delighted about. I always give Nintendo a hard time but glad to see their back to making actually decent consoles

The Switch is a awesome console, what a awesome game Zelda is, I've made a start on the second DLC : The Champions' Ballad but I've yet to finish it
PESLeague UK Official Event Admin

Official PESLeague PES2018 tournament website
https://pesleague.konami.net/2018/eu/en/

PES2019 is "the POWER of football"
danielrh
Pundit
Pundit

Gamertag: Vict0r Sweet
PSN: Vict0rSweet1
Twitter: @danielrhenry

Postby danny275 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:34 pm

Looking forward to this. I have massive doubts I'll be able to run this at anything close to even medium :lol:
danny275
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Postby chilleverest » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:46 am

danny275 wrote:

Looking forward to this. I have massive doubts I'll be able to run this at anything close to even medium :lol:
Combat looks meh. But god what an eye candy the game is, and the setting is perfectly captured too. I hope there will be no downgrade because this looks unbelievably mindblowing.
Who ate all the pies?
Bring Seabass back.
chilleverest
International
International

Postby danny275 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:39 pm

chilleverest wrote:
danny275 wrote:

Combat looks meh. But god what an eye candy the game is, and the setting is perfectly captured too. I hope there will be no downgrade because this looks unbelievably mindblowing.

The combat does look a bit weird but hopefully it's decent. Think it's out tomorrow, tempted to get it but I'll wait for the user reviews to come in
danny275
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Postby Thommohawk » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:46 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR_Hc152E78&t=660s

This game looks mental! Very similar to Shenmue....it's basically Shenmue mixed with Sleeping Dogs with a smidge of Japanese massage parlours with a happy ending! Nothing else quite like this out there.

Demo late Feb. Release April 2018. Screw it man I'm buying this! :lol:
Thommohawk
Pundit
Pundit

Postby chilleverest » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:30 pm

Thommohawk wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR_Hc152E78&t=660s

This game looks mental! Very similar to Shenmue....it's basically Shenmue mixed with Sleeping Dogs with a smidge of Japanese massage parlours with a happy ending! Nothing else quite like this out there.

Demo late Feb. Release April 2018. Screw it man I'm buying this! :lol:

Did you just discover yakuza ? Its an epic game, just in yakuza 0 ive spent over 150+ hours doing things. Was also lucky to play original yakuza way back when it first released in ps2. One of the reasons to own a PS.
Who ate all the pies?
Bring Seabass back.
chilleverest
International
International

Postby Thommohawk » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:42 am

chilleverest wrote:Did you just discover yakuza ? Its an epic game, just in yakuza 0 ive spent over 150+ hours doing things. Was also lucky to play original yakuza way back when it first released in ps2. One of the reasons to own a PS.

No, I played Yakuza 3 on PS3 and I might have played briefly one of the earlier ones on PS2 via emulation.

Now is a great time to get back in to the series properly. I hope there's underground cage fighting/betting in the upcoming game!

I pretty much only play Shenmue for the mini games and sense of place because the voice acting and quality is awful, but Yakuza's is fantastic even though it's Japanese. And it has so much more mini games and from the looks of it a very gritty story.

Can see myself sinking a lot of time into Yakuza 6 for sure.
Thommohawk
Pundit
Pundit

PreviousNext

Return to PES & WE News / Discussion