FIFA Discussion (Part 2)

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: FIFA Discussion (Part 2)

Postby fregen » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:11 am

zeus0r wrote:thinking about getting fifa this year... so is it possible to filter online matches so you'll play against other manual players only?

Don't think so mate:

"When talking about modern-day soccer simulations, one thing always catches my attention - the passing assistance. By default, an assistance is implemented which automatically delivers the ball to your teammate, given you pull the trigger in the approximate right direction with any amount of power, which makes it a lot easier to spin the ball around and the generally increases the pace of the game Even when playing with teams with 3 stars or less, passes are delivered at pinpoint precision, given that assistance is activated. It does not feel realistic at all and noticeably reduces the skill gap in the game. There's also semi assistance (supports power of pass, but direction only changes slightly) and manual (no assistance for direction or power), but especially online using those is not exactly popular as it greatly reduces the chances of winning against those playing on the default setup. Unfortunately, this leads to a more unrealistic, less varied and stale experience, at least in my opinion."

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/10/f ... eview.html
fregen
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Malcolm9 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:39 pm

zeus0r wrote:thinking about getting fifa this year... so is it possible to filter online matches so you'll play against other manual players only?

If it's anything like the previous years then yes, you can set it to manual controls only.
Malcolm9
First Team
First Team

Postby fregen » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:12 pm

Malcolm9 wrote:

If it's anything like the previous years then yes, you can set it to manual controls only.

But do you get paired with other manual players online?
fregen
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby zeus0r » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:52 pm

fregen wrote:
Malcolm9 wrote:

But do you get paired with other manual players online?

yeah that's exactly what i want to know, otherwise it's the same crap as pes online.
bring back online beta gameplay and tone down backheel passes, it's the most unrealistic thing in PES ffs
zeus0r
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby Malcolm9 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:25 pm

Yes, it sets it to your control scheme only, unlike PES which matches to similar controls.
Malcolm9
First Team
First Team

Postby fregen » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:32 pm

Malcolm9 wrote:Yes, it sets it to your control scheme only, unlike PES which matches to similar controls.

So, is it assisted, semi-assisted and manual then? Does it apply for both passing and shooting? In PES I get to face other manual passers when set to similar but they can have whatever shooting- setting they want.
fregen
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Malcolm9 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:39 pm

fregen wrote:
Malcolm9 wrote:Yes, it sets it to your control scheme only, unlike PES which matches to similar controls.

So, is it assisted, semi-assisted and manual then? Does it apply for both passing and shooting? In PES I get to face other manual passers when set to similar but they can have whatever shooting- setting they want.

If you choose manual on FIFA it's completely locked to those settings.

I'm surprised at how crap the filters are on PES.
Malcolm9
First Team
First Team

Postby fregen » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:40 am

Malcolm9 wrote:
fregen wrote:

If you choose manual on FIFA it's completely locked to those settings.

I'm surprised at how crap the filters are on PES.

I asked this in the PES- thread but I'll ask here as well.

What are the settings for online, assisted, semi and manual?

Does semi- assisted reflect player stats?

Is there CLEAR individuality between players and teams?

The FIFA- demo was crap so don’t want to throw my money in the bin...

Thanks for answering btw! :D
fregen
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby nani17 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:20 am

Spotted in a window. Hopefully, it is true and it's a free update
nani17
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Gamertag: Vidic17
PSN: Vidic17