FIFA Discussion (Part 2)

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: FIFA Discussion (Part 2)

Postby DalyBhoy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:11 pm

Malcolm9 wrote:
bearwithit wrote:It may be dull but it's the better of the two games in terms of longetivity.

The fact you can tweak slider making it as difficult in certain areas as you like just trumps what PES gives you in terms of a challenge.

Both games are pretty bland though. I do prefer the FIFA beta over the PES one, it feels more fluid while PES felt broken.

The main pull of FIFA is the online aspect, sliders mean nothing when playing online. Sliders don't suddenly make it a better game either unfortunately.

*In your opinion

The main pull for me is the sliders because I play offline. Without sliders, there is no challenge, and thus no longevity.
FIFA is terrible online. The gameplay is ridiculously fast and unrealistic. Overall, I believe that it is still a better package than PES. At least the fundamental mechanics of FIFA are solid, in PES there are problems every year with the shooting, keepers, AI positioning etc.
Hail Hail!
DalyBhoy
First Team
First Team

Postby ParadoX » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:33 am

new goals (world class & legendary difficulty)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXFkYOd-74U

Ps. this game its still in beta phase and I'm an above average fifa players.
ParadoX

Postby chilleverest » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:58 pm

Official.

Who ate all the pies?
Bring Seabass back.
chilleverest
International
International

Twitter: @chilleverest

Postby onebeloo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:39 pm

can always count on football game covers to be unique and fresh :P

its a decently framed photo to be fair, but yeah..
onebeloo
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Datiss » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:36 am

I'm sorry for you FIFA team!

You've only improved the game in the eighth generation and there's no news of change.

The very poor modeling, the disaster physics engine, outdated animations and shameless ball physics are one of the main weaknesses of the FIFA series. You did nothing. Exactly returned to the sixth generation before it. You just pocket money through the online section.

You first lied to this eighth generation that you changed the game graphics engine and put it in the name of Ignite Engine. That was completely false.

You still have the same old animations and old physics engine. It looks quite old and worn out. You are a perfect winner in the voice and content section of the atmosphere. But within the game and the gameplay part, you are a loser.

In the seventh generation you were unparalleled. But in this eighth generation, the pes builder has worked a lot better than you.

You may be doing great sales. But your game is no longer commendable. You have failed in this eighth generation.
Datiss

Postby blazt » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:46 pm

blazt
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby hardy94 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:00 am

2 weeks before the game lunch
no news about demo date
no news about system requirements !
PES 2011 : That's how to make a foatball game
hardy94
Mascot
Mascot

Postby chilleverest » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:42 pm

hardy94 wrote:2 weeks before the game lunch
no news about demo date
no news about system requirements !

Pretty bad, but it will sell like hotcakes anyway.

Minimum upgrades in gameplay department this year. I guess they are neutral as having this stance wont affect much in terms of sales.

Edit : Demo out 1 AM UK time
Who ate all the pies?
Bring Seabass back.
chilleverest
International
International

Postby DESKPRO » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:28 am

UPDATE: EA Sports have now confirmed that the FIFA 18 Demo will be released on September 12 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
[url][http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/852882/FIFA-18-Demo-release-date-PS4-Xbox-One-EA-Sports/url]

FIFA 18 DEMO out today. Have that brought that forward?
DESKPRO
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby chilleverest » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:36 pm

Who ate all the pies?
Bring Seabass back.
chilleverest
International
International

Postby Saintsmike » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:43 pm

ust tried the FIFA2018 demo.
Played on legendary - two games Man Utd VS Chelsea - finished 1-1 - once I figured out how to defend it was fairly comfortable, A.I does most of the work for you.
Superb presentation etc -
Next game 3-1 Bayern VS Boca, easy win.

Both games there were NO fouls by the A.I (had more in PES..) also felt the A.I was just dull and boring, didn't really get the sense that it wanted to test me at all, was fairly easy to hit through balls, little error on passes - infact the basic setting is far easier than PA1 on PES2018.

My first 30-yard effort flew into the top corner and the next hit the bar. Shooting is nice, but a bit OP - especially driven shots.

Keepers feel poor, they seem to react late to things, I think the driven shots will be OP - simply put they can't get down enough in time and don't use their feet to save when they should do.

Have to say I prefer superstar AI on PES2018 to legendary on FIFA - simply put the attacking ai on FIFA feels so easy to defend against you don't have to think much. In PES2018 I was getting smashed and beaten with quality goals. Disappointing in some ways that Fifa seems catered for those who like an easy pick-up and play.

Maybe I'll grow to like it a bit more - I've purchased both already.
Worlds worst PES player.. I'm so bad I fear myself.
Saintsmike
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Remjohn » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:40 pm

Anyone else get a 24hz refresh rate lock when playing on full screen? (PC obv).

Think I've had it before but can't remember how I fixed it.

Game runs fine when windowed but it's pretty woeful. I liked FIFA from about 08 - 14 but it's terrible now.
Remjohn

Twitter: @remjohn

Postby bearwithit » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:43 pm

Impressed with the demo it's different to the beta I played. The visuals are amazing and look like a real match in the game play camera.

Crowds are stunning, no silly cardboard cutouts but actual real looking crowds that react during the game.

Dribbling feels slower as does passing, shots are refreshing and when they hit the net it feels and looks soooo good.

Didn't want to buy both but I'll need to
Follow Follow
bearwithit
Youth Team
Youth Team

PSN: scottio19

Postby Malcolm9 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:17 am

I really don't feel like EA have improved the game at all from a game play perspective, the visuals are better but the player models are starting to look a bit stale now.

Bakayoko looks like he has silver spray over his head, Costa still has his same hairstyle from when he joined Chelsea. It might not seem a big thing but considering they face scan most players EA are really lazy on updating player current looks.
Malcolm9
First Team
First Team

Postby Woutoro32 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:47 am

The game is a bit slower this year. I like it. The players react faster to my input. The turn a bit faster but not as fast as with PES. On world class i find it pretty difficult. I am a offline player btw. And sometimes with friends on the couch.

Because i bought PES the last 2 years and i saw the same problems in the demo, this years i wil buy fifa, probably. Game on with Feyenoord and careermode.
Woutoro32

Postby K1NG » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:01 pm

Is there anyway to get rid of the horrible new indicator showing what direction you are facing etc? Absolutely terrible decision by EA
K1NG
First Team
First Team

Postby bearwithit » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:09 pm

K1NG wrote:Is there anyway to get rid of the horrible new indicator showing what direction you are facing etc? Absolutely terrible decision by EA

Yeah all you do is hold down one of the thumbsticks to hide it.....
Follow Follow
bearwithit
Youth Team
Youth Team

PSN: scottio19

Postby K1NG » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:14 pm

bearwithit wrote:
K1NG wrote:Is there anyway to get rid of the horrible new indicator showing what direction you are facing etc? Absolutely terrible decision by EA

Yeah all you do is hold down one of the thumbsticks to hide it.....

Cheers :lol:. Just got the game and I thought you couldn't remove it.
K1NG
First Team
First Team

Postby Malcolm9 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:41 am

Click R3 on your controller.
Malcolm9
First Team
First Team

Postby zeus0r » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:04 am

thinking about getting fifa this year... so is it possible to filter online matches so you'll play against other manual players only?
bring back online beta gameplay and tone down backheel passes, it's the most unrealistic thing in PES ffs
zeus0r
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Return to PES & WE News / Discussion