PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 12)

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 12)

Postby Daytripper » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:34 pm

Online Co Op, enjoyed the beta but from personal experience this is the worst experience overall I have had playing with randoms in a game in my life, I would go as far to say around 60-70% have been ball greedy imbeciles or just trolling by scoring own goals deliberately or constantly pausing the match just to annoy other people. None of my friends have the game so I have no choice really but to play with these arse holes.
Daytripper

Postby zeus0r » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:20 am

FIFA online realism:

https://streamable.com/nowxm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
bring back online beta gameplay and tone down backheel passes, it's the most unrealistic thing in PES ffs
zeus0r
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby Philla » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:31 pm

When it comes to the halfway realistic representation of player attributes, no game has to laugh about the other. No, not even WE9LE. Ich hope we are getting there some day.
Philla
First Team
First Team

Postby chilleverest » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:07 pm

zeus0r wrote:FIFA online realism:

https://streamable.com/nowxm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Saw it the other day. FIFA online this year is a lost cause. There are so many problems, im not sure how they are even going to have a multiplayer Esports this year. There will be so many embarrassing moments if they play the same game. So many things need to looked into this year, and Esports and football really dont go hand in hand either.
Who ate all the pies?
Bring Seabass back.
chilleverest
International
International

Twitter: @chilleverest

Postby Nik778899 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:35 am

Adam Bhatti wrote:@Adam_Bhatti: My final honour before the move to Tokyo, is to announce the new person to lead the PES Brand in Europe.

Please let me welcome the new EU PES Brand Manager, Lennart Bobzien!

@lennibo

Be nice, let him settle in before scaring him away

Good luck Lenni!

First person to be blocked by the new guy wins. :lol:
Nik778899
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby Greenmachine » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:29 am

Back on PC version after a couple of months (into Assassin's Creed Origins) and installed Galaxy PES 2018 patch, playing a ML (top player) just played Burton Albion 2-0 before HT. Burton - ping ping ping back heel back heel ping ping set up shot outside box. The space between Human teams players and the opposition AI is to far apart, this means every team you play against has the time and space to find a team mate with a pass. It is totally unrealistic for teams like Burton, in fact just about all the teams you face to be playing 1 touch tiki taka with back heels added in and for the PC team to be playing 1 touch + back heels in their own box to get clear - though trying to close these defenders down with 2 if your luck players 1 you control and other with the "ghost" icon, because as soon as your player has the ball knocked away from him in the opposition box even though its just ran a foot or so away, your AI controlled team mates are off and running back to their defensive positions as soon as the ball is knocked away from you.

No variation in the PC AI teams you face, they all play like barca on speed and when I have a player on the ball a wee nudge knocks the ball a foot away, my player is stunned and can't move. The one that rips me, the commentator shouting Loose ball who's going to get it ... Cpu all the time, because any of my team mates within a foot of that loose ball the AI will not move them to it, they to are statues but not the Computers AI they move to it.

I'll play it now and again for a break for my other PC games, but gone are the days I would play PES day and night.

1. All opposition play like barca on speed.
2. Human players AI controlled team mates who should be moving and closing like their Computer AI counter parts don't and kills the game.
3. Still a lack of FK against the PC teams
4. With all the uproar about transactions in EA Battlefront, its a shame Konami have went down the same path, at the expense of the offline players. Its a wonder Konami are not being pulled up for their tranactions, a couple of countries stated what EA were doing was promoting gambling. This My Club where you get better players - it is gambling - you pay to spin but its a lottery as to which player you get, mean that people have to spend more to get the Messi's and co but usually end up with average to decent players.
Greenmachine
First Team
First Team

Postby Thommohawk » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:46 am

Greenmachine wrote:With all the uproar about transactions in EA Battlefront, its a shame Konami have went down the same path, at the expense of the offline players.

Doesn't surprise me.

Think about what sort of company Konami is nowadays, they treated Hideo Kojima, a legend of the industry, like a jabrone. They fired the Silent Hill composer just when he was starting to earn some real appreciation for his work. They treat their employees like common criminals. And they focus on mobile and pachinko machines!

Oh, and they cancelled Silent Hills AFTER the awesome PT demo....a complete travesty and middle finger to Kojima and gamers everywhere. Not to mention their own IP.

The ONLY reason PES still gets made is because? It's guaranteed income and it makes them money every single year.
I wanted orange, it gave me lemon lime!
Thommohawk
International
International

Postby vital » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:58 pm

PES shooting system summed up:

https://streamable.com/akp38
vital
Pundit
Pundit

Postby zeus0r » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:46 am

vital wrote:PES shooting system summed up:

so damn realistic! :D :D :D
bring back online beta gameplay and tone down backheel passes, it's the most unrealistic thing in PES ffs
zeus0r
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby vital » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:49 pm

zeus0r wrote:so damn realistic!

None of those were literally on the goal line under no pressure. :?
vital
Pundit
Pundit

Postby Philla » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:55 pm

vital wrote:PES shooting system summed up:

I can live with things like that (which appear once in a "lifetime") much better than with overpowered backheels etc. which are constantly present in every minute of the game.
Philla
First Team
First Team

Postby vital » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:08 pm

Philla wrote:I can live with things like that (which appear once in a "lifetime") much better than with overpowered backheels etc. which are constantly present in every minute of the game.

I'm amazed that I need to point out to you guys what the GIF is showing, it's not the freak occurrence of hitting the post twice, it's that the level of assists are ridiculous, shots are very often magnetically attracted to the corners no matter your controller input, making it feel like you had little control over the outcome. In FIFA, even on the highest assist level that would never happen unless you messed up your controller input. Something is totally wrong in PES, it's like the analog input is not the starting point of the calculation but it's just there to select a certain section of the goal (as is made obvious on "advanced" shooting). Of course it's better than it used to be where controller input had no effect at all, but it's still terrible overall and as destructive to the satisfaction and longevity the game offers as the backheels are, if not more so.

P.S. I don't care if you play fully manual so no need to reply if that is the case.
vital
Pundit
Pundit

Postby Philla » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:17 pm

vital wrote:
Philla wrote:I can live with things like that (which appear once in a "lifetime") much better than with overpowered backheels etc. which are constantly present in every minute of the game.

I'm amazed that I need to point out to you guys what the GIF is showing, it's not the freak occurrence of hitting the post twice, it's that the level of assists are ridiculous, shots are very often magnetically attracted to the corners no matter your controller input, making it feel like you had little control over the outcome. In FIFA, even on the highest assist level that would never happen unless you messed up your controller input. Something is totally wrong in PES, it's like the analog input is not the starting point of the calculation but it's just there to select a certain section of the goal (as is made obvious on "advanced" shooting). Of course it's better than it used to be where controller input had no effect at all, but it's still terrible overall and as destructive to the satisfaction and longevity the game offers as the backheels are, if not more so.

P.S. I don't care if you play fully manual so no need to reply if that is the case.

I don´t even think he is touching the ball at all, looks more like a glitch or some kind of KONAMI scripting to me.
Philla
First Team
First Team

Postby chilleverest » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:16 pm

The only thing Konami have been pushing on social medias, twitter included is just online mode. PES mobile surpasses 60 million downloads and they have been bringing in contents first to mobile and then on consoles. Their footballing philosophy of past is gone, it is based more on easy accessibility than anything.

All the mechanics they have decided to change adheres to accessibility, an even playing field for everyone, haven't touched PES lite since i downloaded it, i see no skill gap or game rewarding patience. Been watching some of the streamer and they fight the game instead of opponent.
Who ate all the pies?
Bring Seabass back.
chilleverest
International
International

Twitter: @chilleverest

Previous

Return to PES & WE News / Discussion