PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 11)

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 11)

Postby Daytripper » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:44 pm

Respect is earned, not demanded and I certainly don't show respect to shills and people who dogpile people with genuine concerns or constructive criticism with that "haters going to hate" rubbish.

Not defending idiots, they will be idiots, over the years I have seen people blocked for asking about 2v2 online, asking about online lag, Master League Online cheaters, in a polite manner and treated in a disingenuous way.

What is really telling is that if there wasn't much wrong with the game since release as some love to portray (the haters are hating and all that Shite) why are we getting this patch ? You know the most sad thing is,if this patch somehow goes a long way to redeeming the game and bringing some pissed off fans back,the ones having a go at the people who are dissatisfied, will be the first to applaud Konami!

It's a mess and I see it all the time with gaming franchises.
Daytripper

Postby eL LoCo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:50 pm

bigol83 wrote:They must make huge progress every year for me to regain some faith in them. Right now i really lost all hope they can achieve greatness again.There are so many issues in the game code and with dev process and management they just can't go forward just tweaking things, they have hit a wall. All things considered from Pes birth KONAMI has produced more bad-mediocre games and the last good one was Pes 6, ten years ago.

that the Point, as long Konami dont care to develop a AAA title for NextGen (PS4,XBO,PC) and milk the cash cow with microtransitions and mobile games we never get what we all want, a great "NextGen" football game. The faith in Konami and the Hype of PES 2018 are totaly gone. more people are not satisfied with that game is "3 years" of deveopment and a "total game changer" a lot of people just tiered that this happend every single year.

why not use all the licence and give that game to another studio and just published by konami like other AAA titles ???

Adam sad, a few days after the release of 2018 that the PC sales are already over the sales of the entire 2017 game for PC... dont know any offical sales but steamspy tell a complete other story...

ok i dont know how accurate steamspy is but in fact in the last 2 weeks just 58.54% of the users who buyed the game, played it.... and thats why? because that not a finished game, because thats not what they want for the hard spend money... and as long konami is not going to make a big change in Management and recources for development this story will continue next year !
eL LoCo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby chilleverest » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:25 pm

The patch was advertised ''free'' on facebook. They felt the need to add ''free''. -_-
Who ate all the pies?
Bring Seabass back.
chilleverest
International
International

Twitter: @chilleverest

Postby bigol83 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:45 pm

Forced_Reps wrote:Unfortunately mate, that wont make a tiny aota of difference.
The kiddies that love boots and faces and tattoos and licenses will continue to play MyClub and online and continue to spend money on microtxn's, Konami's whole business model and ethos the last few years has been online-focused, to generate revenue through in-game purchases, that's why all their efforts go into myClub and online modes and e-sports tournaments and licenses like Beckham and Barcelona.
Also why theres a distinct lack of fouls and injuries, because the kiddies want the game to flow, end to end frantic 'exciting' matches, fouls just interrupt it for them and Konami wont do anything to upset that.

Thats why I fully expect this monster patch to be a fail.
Konami will probably just increase COM tackle aggression, which means the COM will make more tackles, more perfect slide tackles and you will just get fouled more but still with none of them given.

The offline side of the game is an afterthought to Konami, we are not worth their effort anymore, our initial 40 quid purchase is nothing compared to the money they make from online gamers who spend more after the initial sale.

bigol83 wrote:I want to add: i'm never going to give Konami my money anymore, not at day one,not new. Will buy the game used, don't want to encourage them to follow the Myclub microtransations road, with single player modes completely forgotten. That is the real way to make my voice heard.

It will make a difference for me. Next time i won't feel like an idiot paying full price at release, waiting months for the game to be fixed or forced to play an half baked Master League that is so much worse than it was years ago in Ps3 games.
bigol83
First Team
First Team

Twitter: @bigol83

Postby bigol83 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:48 pm

chilleverest wrote:The patch was advertised ''free'' on facebook. They felt the need to add ''free''. -_-

How? Are they trolling us? I could understand if they were talking about the Datapack...

About Steam sales: the first few weeks sales were 40% more compared to Pes 2017 during the same period. Then after people started playing the game and discovering issues like stuttering, bad online, lack of fouls, and others that are on console version too they stopped playing it and there are near zero new users. I also suspect many refunded the game, considering on Steam you can do that.

If you compare the players per day numbers between Pes 2017 and Pes 2018 you can see that last year during half of November more people were playing Pes compared to now. Many totally stopped playing it, just 60% of people that bought the game played it in last few weeks. There has been a steep decline especially since they announced the patch was coming. Many, like me, just stopped, waiting for this monster patch to be released.

Those are real numbers, those are facts (Steamspy is quite accurate after the first few days of sales), these are the effects of people being tired of their bullshit. Why don't you try showing that to people saying everything is good, like Adam saying future is bright and all? They will tell you are moaner, they have other numbers, the game is a success, and so on.

The first step to improve is to accept you are failing, if they blindly continue to bury the head in the sand how could we expect they will really try and do something meaningful to really improve the game?
bigol83
First Team
First Team

Postby bigol83 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:05 pm

I did a quick research on steamdb (same as steamspy)

Last year November 14, Monday
Pes 2017 Highest concurrent players per day: 4373

This year; November 14, Tuesday
Pes 2018 Highest concurrent players per day (today): 3080
bigol83
First Team
First Team

Postby Malcolm9 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:26 pm

bigol83 wrote:I did a quick research on steamdb (same as steamspy)

To be fair it has a bigger fan base on consoles compared to PC, the stats for that would be interesting to compare from last year to this year.
Malcolm9
First Team
First Team

Postby Thommohawk » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:06 am

Philla wrote:I see absolutely nothing PES related in your post, and that´s not an individual case. Quantity does not necessarily lead to quality. Your contributions consist of views on Daniel, "chops" and other pre-adolescent stuff which is completely worthless to this forum. One single post of matt10, PESFX or others analyzing the game have more value than your 2000+

Strike a nerve, did I? Sorry mate I don't have a clue who you are. Probably one of the ones who only want to talk PES endlessly and start crying whenever anyone brings up anything else - even if it's tangentially related.

Have a look in the mirror. We're all human here. And gamers. Get over yourself.
I wanted orange, it gave me lemon lime!
Thommohawk
International
International

Postby RaptorInMotion » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:58 am

"The sun is beating down and the wind is shooting through the stadium."
RaptorInMotion
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby PesBuck » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:00 am

Malcolm9 wrote:
bigol83 wrote:I did a quick research on steamdb (same as steamspy)

To be fair it has a bigger fan base on consoles compared to PC, the stats for that would be interesting to compare from last year to this year.

The reason Steam numbers are in point is because he was calling out Adam "Bullshit"Bhatti stating on twitter that 2018 PC sales are already over the sales of the entire 2017 game for PC.
PesBuck

Postby Nik778899 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:16 am

Thommohawk wrote:
Philla wrote:I see absolutely nothing PES related in your post, and that´s not an individual case. Quantity does not necessarily lead to quality. Your contributions consist of views on Daniel, "chops" and other pre-adolescent stuff which is completely worthless to this forum. One single post of matt10, PESFX or others analyzing the game have more value than your 2000+

Strike a nerve, did I? Sorry mate I don't have a clue who you are. Probably one of the ones who only want to talk PES endlessly and start crying whenever anyone brings up anything else - even if it's tangentially related.

Hang on, one minute you're having a pop at another poster for saying they don't post much or add much to the PES debate, now you're having a go at someone for not posting anything non-PES related. Make your mind up pal.

All this talk of 'striking a nerve' and whatnot is a bit childish considering there was nothing in Philla's post to suggest he was anything other than completely calm. You sound like a troll now, which is ironic based on your content of your posting in the last few days.
Nik778899
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby juve_10 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:43 am

Nik778899 wrote:
Thommohawk wrote:

Hang on, one minute you're having a pop at another poster for saying they don't post much or add much to the PES debate, now you're having a go at someone for not posting anything non-PES related. Make your mind up pal.

All this talk of 'striking a nerve' and whatnot is a bit childish considering there was nothing in Philla's post to suggest he was anything other than completely calm. You sound like a troll now, which is ironic based on your content of your posting in the last few days.

Just ignore Thommohawk. Either he will go back to discussing PES or stay away.
juve_10
Mascot
Mascot

Postby Philla » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:57 am

Forced_Reps wrote:Unfortunately mate, that wont make a tiny aota of difference.
The kiddies that love boots and faces and tattoos and licenses will continue to play MyClub and online and continue to spend money on microtxn's, Konami's whole business model and ethos the last few years has been online-focused, to generate revenue through in-game purchases, that's why all their efforts go into myClub and online modes and e-sports tournaments and licenses like Beckham and Barcelona.
Also why theres a distinct lack of fouls and injuries, because the kiddies want the game to flow, end to end frantic 'exciting' matches, fouls just interrupt it for them and Konami wont do anything to upset that.

I have been thinking the same for years. But i am not sure now, because gameplay (how buggy it might be) is a huge step away from arcade towards simulation this year, looking at game speed, player movement (inertia) alone. There is much spirit of PES2014 in it, which was undoubtedly the biggest effort towards realistic football until today.

Othe the other side i hardly think Konami follows this route and PES2019 will be more arcade, but i am happy if i will be proved wrong.

As a full manual player just playing offline league modes i am not in contact with the most blantant flaws and incapacities, and there is still some hope (fear) some annoying things change tomorrow (for the worse).
Philla
First Team
First Team

Postby Forced_Reps » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:07 am

Total Global Sales for PES 18 the week after release were around 260,000 copies, with over 40% of those sales being on PS3.
At an average of £32 per game sold, that equates to around £10mil in sales generated.

Sales dropped 68% from week 1 to week 2.

just a few interesting soundbites.
Forced_Reps
Youth Team
Youth Team

Twitter: @PESFX

Postby eL LoCo » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:29 am

Forced_Reps wrote:Total Global Sales for PES 18 the week after release were around 260,000 copies, with over 40% of those sales being on PS3.
At an average of £32 per game sold, that equates to around £10mil in sales generated.

Sales dropped 68% from week 1 to week 2.

just a few interesting soundbites.

source ?
eL LoCo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Forced_Reps » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:41 am

Games Indusry.biz & GFK Chart-Trak
Forced_Reps
Youth Team
Youth Team

Twitter: @PESFX

Postby makepesgreatagain » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:20 pm

wenb is in best shape ever. only realistic fans who see good and bad are left.

silver lining of konami adam and asim messing up
makepesgreatagain
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby elmickio » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:25 pm

So Konami are bring out PES lite?

I take it this a free to play version?
Nostalgic CLASSIC TEAMS OPTION FILE

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SB04IHDW

Nostalgic Team EXPORT FILE

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XYVXDO1N
elmickio
Mascot
Mascot

PSN: El_mickio
Twitter: @elmickio

Postby bigol83 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:32 pm

Yeah, it's the free to play. Probably it has Myclub mode (to convince even more people buying microtransactions) and the Pesleague mode.
bigol83
First Team
First Team

Postby jameslv1986 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:43 pm

makepesgreatagain wrote:wenb is in best shape ever. only realistic fans who see good and bad are left.

silver lining of konami adam and asim messing up

But no-one listening, so kind of pointless now from a feedback point of view
jameslv1986
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to PES & WE News / Discussion