PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 5)

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 5)

Postby Pesmunki » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:16 pm

vital wrote:
Genuine football gaming fans (i.e. not mindless, credulous, low IQ fanboys) can look at things objectively. FIFA is getting some fairly positive feedback in the right areas...

Let's see you "objectively" review this absolute tripe then...

If this was PES you lot would be on it like a shoal of pirhana.
Pesmunki
First Team
First Team

PSN: cogs67

Postby willylong » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:42 pm

Pesmunki wrote:
vital wrote:
Genuine football gaming fans (i.e. not mindless, credulous, low IQ fanboys) can look at things objectively. FIFA is getting some fairly positive feedback in the right areas...

Let's see you "objectively" review this absolute tripe then...

If this was PES you lot would be on it like a shoal of pirhana.

Fifa18 had great crowd, net physics......
Gameplay was awful
willylong

Postby Nik778899 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:44 pm

Pesmunki wrote:Dan get's absolutely slated in here by those same people for being biased and yet those same people are coming in here and posting the same negative drivel about PES purely because they really are just FIFA lads in disguise!

Dan's been slated for being biased because he is biased. He directly benefits from PES being successful. He's never going to compliment a rival game to the one that he's involved with is he?

And let's be straight, that's nothing to do with FIFA at all. I haven't played FIFA in years, so that point is utterly irrelevant.

You are called delusional (maybe the wrong word) because you seem incapable of criticising the game in any way whatsoever. I still enjoy 2017 but I'm not blind to its glaring issues. You seem to be unable to look at PES objectively.
Nik778899
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby thombhoy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:38 pm

Anyway, anyone for tennis ?? :lol: :lol:
thombhoy
Pundit
Pundit

Postby PRO_TOO » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:49 pm

thombhoy wrote:Anyway, anyone for tennis ?? :lol: :lol:

:lol:

no, but golf! TGC2 anyone?! :P

;)
Don’t go for a 50/50 ball unless your 80/20 sure your gonna win it.
PS Access' Rob: "I was good at playing PES, and now it's like... this is football now!"
PRO_TOO
First Team
First Team

PSN: PRO_TOO
Twitter: @PRO_TOO

Postby harmonyvid35 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:50 pm

PESWENB wrote:Ok lets have our guesses on Usain Bolt on PES 2018, what do you think his overall will be, lets who wins (no prizes unfortunately :lol: )

So we know he will be 1.95m (very tall) and the fastest on the game (so 97-99 speed for sure) and also his positions will be key, if he's very versatile then that's OP for sure as if he's a full back that will really damage myclub, he'll win the headers all day long and you can't out pace him.

Anyway my guess for his overall is 76, feel free to leave yours.

It'll interesting to see how close to realism that they get his running animation. Long stride and dribbling don't usually go together in Pes, but I found Pogba very playable on the the ball in the beta, unlike previous yrs. Hope he's balanced enough so he's not too OP.

I'll guess a very poor version of Danny Welbeck.
A slap in the face in reality, but in Pesland that'll make him a bit of a beast
Bring back Random Player Select matches - awesome mode.
Random form option for online friendlies
harmonyvid35
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby thombhoy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:54 pm

PRO_TOO wrote:

no, but golf! TGC2 anyone?! :P

;)

Yeah, computerized golf is great but feck that carrying around a big bag of clubs for 18 holes :lol:
thombhoy
Pundit
Pundit

Postby James Goblin » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:01 pm

why everyone so chipper bout fifa sucking? it benefits noone
are you so obtuse to have forgotten that tough competition is healthy and brings the best out of the competitors?
come on
i haven't played fifer but them nets do look tasty
James Goblin

Postby chilleverest » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:03 pm

To those who played PES 18 beta, since i didnt get to play it, did it have the old pes 'one more game' feeling to it ?
Who ate all the pies?
Bring Seabass back.
chilleverest
International
International

Twitter: @chilleverest

Postby thombhoy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:15 pm

chilleverest wrote:To those who played PES 18 beta, since i didnt get to play it, did it have the old pes 'one more game' feeling to it ?

For me it definitely had that just one more game feel but the shooting did let it down a little, hopefully the contextual stuff Adam spoke of ( that's still to be added )will make a difference to the overall feeling of scoring a goal.
thombhoy
Pundit
Pundit

Postby PESWENB » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:21 pm

harmonyvid35 wrote:
PESWENB wrote:Ok lets have our guesses on Usain Bolt on PES 2018, what do you think his overall will be, lets who wins (no prizes unfortunately :lol: )

So we know he will be 1.95m (very tall) and the fastest on the game (so 97-99 speed for sure) and also his positions will be key, if he's very versatile then that's OP for sure as if he's a full back that will really damage myclub, he'll win the headers all day long and you can't out pace him.

Anyway my guess for his overall is 76, feel free to leave yours.

It'll interesting to see how close to realism that they get his running animation. Long stride and dribbling don't usually go together in Pes, but I found Pogba very playable on the the ball in the beta, unlike previous yrs. Hope he's balanced enough so he's not too OP.

I'll guess a very poor version of Danny Welbeck.
A slap in the face in reality, but in Pesland that'll make him a bit of a beast

So you think he'll be quite strong and physical too? Well it would make sense as he is massive but i agree about a poor version of Welbeck, i mean other than his speed, stamina, physical (and maybe jump)? His other stats should be very low.
My Youtube channel:
http://bit.do/YouTube-channel

Follow me on Google+
http://goo.gl/Ku01yo

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/PESWENB
PESWENB
Manager
Manager

Twitter: @PESWENB

Postby danielrh » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:42 pm

looking forward to seeing the new Tennis game on show at this months Gamescom, made by the guys responsible for Top Spin 4 - I was a God on that game, Top spin 4 being one of my favorite sports games of all time

thombhoy wrote:
chilleverest wrote:To those who played PES 18 beta, since i didnt get to play it, did it have the old pes 'one more game' feeling to it ?

For me it definitely had that just one more game feel but the shooting did let it down a little, hopefully the contextual stuff Adam spoke of ( that's still to be added )will make a difference to the overall feeling of scoring a goal.

+1 @thombhoy Demo 30th August, can't wait
PESLeague UK Official Event Admin

Official PESLeague PES2018 tournament website https://www.pesleague.com/

"Football matches tell it's own story it doesn't need a script - PES2018"
danielrh
Pundit
Pundit

Gamertag: Vict0r Sweet
PSN: Vict0rSweet1
Twitter: @danielrhenry

Postby Matt10 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:56 pm

Pesmunki wrote:
chilleverest wrote:
RaptorInMotion wrote:It's sad that I can still see spermmunkis posts through other people, and usually it's him attacking others. I've even been lumped into the "group" somehow, even though I rarely post and when i do it's "keepers are looking great" or "can you tools stop attacking each other".

My point was that you can judge a game from it's looks, as vital has with pes, as spermmunki does with fifa. You're either both right or both wrong on that one.

For what it's worth, PES looks a lot better than FIFA for me, but I guess I'm just an idiot coming into the forum like a London bus to stir trouble as the "obvious bait" was placed (clearly not bait).

If it was bait, I'd like a mod to take a look at this for inciting arguments and trolling.

Have to agree here unfortunately, its the us vs them mentality that is driving some of the members away, or at least refraining themselves from indulging in a valid conversation. This has to stop, i hope this is taken into account next time.

There's one person who's driven people away dude. And his name starts with a V...

Not really, man. He takes the high road and moves on, doesn't go for back to back posts of petty crap.

Guess what. If you just stop responding to those you disagree with...they will stop too. You should try it.

Anyway. I've missed a bit, but demo time can't come soon enough. Have watched a lot of FIFA video that looks like 17 with a bit of extra animations (good or bad remains to be seen). I'm still noticing what B was talking about regarding the way the ball moves in the short passes. It's like it has a force-field that slows it down right before the receiving player is about to control it. Very strange.

Enough about FIFA though. The WT videos for PES still look good to me. I just can't wait for the demo to be able to truly test this AI, and see if the tactical rigidness is reduced, and the attack/defense levels are lessened. I'm going to try what Daniel had said about raising the defensive height if I don't like what I see. It's amazing how virtually every prem/championship match had numbers being built offensively and defensively. Watch Watford v Liverpool? Right, the forwards didn't just stay up doing nothing, that's for sure. Great matches.

Also I got my Fulham kit right in time today!
Matt10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Twitter: @Matt10L

Postby dove » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:10 pm

I just posted my honest opinion about PES and FIFA. FIFA looks miles ahead in terms of everything related to off the pitch stuff, from game modes to presentation, game cam graphics etc. Don't think there are many people who can argue with that. Gameplay? Well, everyone has their own opinion about it. PES clearly lacks some crucial stuff like satisfying shooting mechanics and better collisions. FIFA has insane and completely arcady pace and I completely agree that PES wins in this area. Passing is ping pong but it's the same in PES, it's just impossible to create a more simulation feeling because default match length is like 10 mins instead of 90. We will never get a simulation neither in PES nor FIFA. It's just a matter who recreates it better. Passing feels better in PES, shooting in FIFA, you can't get a perfect game.

I haven't played FIFA 18 but I played PES 2018 online beta and I played it quite a lot. While it looks OK gameplay wise even though it seriously needs an overhaul in shooting, collisions and celebration cutscenes, it is seriously way off compared to FIFA in all other areas and the gap is getting bigger every year.

Some of you think me or someone like Vital are here to just waste our time laughing at PES or whatever. Well, personally I played countless amount of hours of PES 3-2013. I switched to FIFA like 3 years ago because PES 2014 was a disgrace and it should have never been released. Every PES since 2014 is so overhyped I can't even... At least with FIFA you know what you are going to get. PES is a different story. Adam Bhatti is a joke and constantly lies to get more sales. Everyone can see PES is improved this year but is it enough to make people switch from FIFA? Personally I don't think so. OK, finally PES has matched FIFA in terms of animations and fluidity (except collisions) but other stuff like ML feels abandoned and the promised layout overhaul seems to be just the updated colour palette? I don't know, I feel they will never catch up with FIFA if they move so slowly. Other stuff like graphics (especially crowd) looks horrendous from game cam compared to FIFA.

tl;dr Rocket league is the best football game around :lol:
KONAMI <3
dove
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby PESWENB » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:45 pm

dove wrote:I just posted my honest opinion about PES and FIFA. FIFA looks miles ahead in terms of everything related to off the pitch stuff, from game modes to presentation, game cam graphics etc. Don't think there are many people who can argue with that. Gameplay? Well, everyone has their own opinion about it. PES clearly lacks some crucial stuff like satisfying shooting mechanics and better collisions. FIFA has insane and completely arcady pace and I completely agree that PES wins in this area. Passing is ping pong but it's the same in PES, it's just impossible to create a more simulation feeling because default match length is like 10 mins instead of 90. We will never get a simulation neither in PES nor FIFA. It's just a matter who recreates it better. Passing feels better in PES, shooting in FIFA, you can't get a perfect game.

I haven't played FIFA 18 but I played PES 2018 online beta and I played it quite a lot. While it looks OK gameplay wise even though it seriously needs an overhaul in shooting, collisions and celebration cutscenes, it is seriously way off compared to FIFA in all other areas and the gap is getting bigger every year.

Some of you think me or someone like Vital are here to just waste our time laughing at PES or whatever. Well, personally I played countless amount of hours of PES 3-2013. I switched to FIFA like 3 years ago because PES 2014 was a disgrace and it should have never been released. Every PES since 2014 is so overhyped I can't even... At least with FIFA you know what you are going to get. PES is a different story. Adam Bhatti is a joke and constantly lies to get more sales. Everyone can see PES is improved this year but is it enough to make people switch from FIFA? Personally I don't think so. OK, finally PES has matched FIFA in terms of animations and fluidity (except collisions) but other stuff like ML feels abandoned and the promised layout overhaul seems to be just the updated colour palette? I don't know, I feel they will never catch up with FIFA if they move so slowly. Other stuff like graphics (especially crowd) looks horrendous from game cam compared to FIFA.

tl;dr Rocket league is the best football game around :lol:

Don't upset anyone and say rocket league is the best :lol:
My Youtube channel:

Follow me on Google+

Follow me on Twitter:
PESWENB
Manager
Manager

Postby PRO_TOO » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:00 pm

I don't like the nets in rocket league. Too cagey...! :lol:
Don’t go for a 50/50 ball unless your 80/20 sure your gonna win it.
PS Access' Rob: "I was good at playing PES, and now it's like... this is football now!"
PRO_TOO
First Team
First Team

PSN: PRO_TOO
Twitter: @PRO_TOO

Postby chilleverest » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:05 pm

No mention of Lucioball ? Damn i feel like downloading RL on PC now that you guys mentioned.
Who ate all the pies?
Bring Seabass back.
chilleverest
International
International

Twitter: @chilleverest

Postby Pesmunki » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:06 pm

Matt10 wrote:
Not really, man. He takes the high road and moves on, doesn't go for back to back posts of petty crap.

Guess what. If you just stop responding to those you disagree with...they will stop too. You should try it.

Guess what man, If you review Vital's posts you'll see how many times he calls people delusional, idiotic, North Korean ignoramus's. If you think that's taking the high road, good luck to ya.

You should try it.
Pesmunki
First Team
First Team

Postby Pesmunki » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:19 pm

Nik778899 wrote:
You are called delusional (maybe the wrong word) because you seem incapable of criticising the game in any way whatsoever. I still enjoy 2017 but I'm not blind to its glaring issues. You seem to be unable to look at PES objectively.

Simply and factually not true. Review my posts. You should try it.
Pesmunki
First Team
First Team

Postby PESWENB » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:32 pm

PRO_TOO wrote:I don't like the nets in rocket league. Too cagey...! :lol:

I honestly never cared or noticed nets until i joined this forum, then i see a real fetish for it :lol:
My Youtube channel:

Follow me on Google+

Follow me on Twitter:
PESWENB
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to PES & WE News / Discussion