Playtest Feedback Wanted!

Re: Playtest Feedback Wanted!

Postby F9T » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:15 am

Along with the gameplay and animations (some of which are looking slick btw, but sometimes they need to blend into one another more smoothly), one of the biggest things for me is the atmosphere, caused by the crowds. Its sounding good but some of the chanting is enough to make me want to bury my head into the TV screen, sometimes its just too repetitive. The constant chanting of "Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool" for 10 minutes straight is just too much. And again the chanting needs to blend into one another just to make it that much more real. Thousands of fans dont start shouting the same thing at the exact same time... There's gotta be a build up. Please fix the stadium chanting Konami 8-) Also, sticking to the Liverpool chants, I didnt hear any Liverpool Anthem during the match - You'll Never Walk Alone... That is sung before and during every match and would be fantastic in the game during play. ;)

But hey i'm new to PES and i've only played the demo for a short period. Its looking GREAT though so far and I look forward to the final product :D

Oh and I must commend Konami on the slick menu's and FANTASTIC music in the game! Its awesome!
F9T

Postby F9T » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:24 am

OOPS! Maybe my post should have been posted in the "Official Konami PES Feedback Zone" thread. Sorry about that! Can someone maybe move it for me? Or should I just repost it all in that thread ;) ??
F9T

Postby pjft » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:50 am

Hi.

First of all, thanks for releasing the demo so early. I appreciate it, and recognize it as a great effort from your part to please the fans,

Nonetheless, I have some major gripes with the demo:

- The shot feint is really hit and miss... It now must be a timing thing, where it didn't use to be. I'm really not getting to grips with it.
- Where did the option of HAVING to press R3 for a manual pass go? In PES 2009, if I'm not mistaken, you could still change whether or not you wanted to press R3 or just move the stick. I cannot do any accurate manual pass this way!
- In free-kicks, I used to be able to use the manual pass to pass the ball to a different direction than the one the player is facing - useful for blind spots! Now it's also gone...
- The goalkeepers are pretty bad, especially when coming out if you press triangle. In PES2009 they were pretty accurate. Now I fear pressing triangle.

...I can't say that I'm not liking the demo, but I'm not thrilled about it yet. What comforts me is that I've been through this road before. In every previous PS2 PES, every time a new one came out, initially it felt weird, and I tried to go back to the previous one. After a while, however, I just couldn't play the old one anymore, though.

Let's hope it's the case.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares
pjft
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby zellaxel » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:01 am

Played demo. Really enjoyed it. Feels and looks great. BUT, and Im not the only one, it feels like it takes half an hour 4 my players to respond to the buttons im hitting, i press r1 to run or i try to pass it, and its like 30 mins later they do it... and also my passes dont go to where im aiming............
anyone else?
zellaxel

Postby PureFromEast » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:15 am

Adam is the version u have as jittery as this demo? Alot of stuttering going on in this demo.
PureFromEast
Youth Team
Youth Team

PSN: PureFromEast

New set-formation interfaces are BAD!

Postby hwanikani » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:28 pm

I have played the demo, and there is one thing that really bothers me about.

It is not about the gameplay, but set-formation interface (which made me disappointed even before playing demo)

PES series had simple but efficient set-formation interface that allowed users to glance at each individual player's abilities (via trademark hexagon), and compare each other's stats easily because the screen spans almost full screen and made user be fully aware of what each player is capable of.

However, in new PES 2010, the screen is so small and as you browse through the team, you can't even see what detailed stat each player have. To see the complete stats of each player, YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO CLICK 7 TIMES to browse all of them including cards (and you can't even fully comprehend what each player's stats are because you have to click so many times and again, screen is so small!)

I think KONAMI thought that the concept of overall stats would replace them perfectly.
I am not against the overall stats because they can sometimes be useful. However, I wanted overall stats to be added as an "Addition", not as a complete "Replacement." It seems like KONAMI thought that "overall stats" was more important than detailed ability of each player, but it is actually the the other around. Overall stats are there to only "help" interpreting each player's ability (It should only be a supplement). You could have implemented the overall stats concept with the original set-formation interface intact.

I usually liked to look through each player's stats before the kick-off each game, and now it is a pain to look each player's stats.

Again, I have to say that this new interface is a wrong direction for PES since it degrades the "individuality" of the game. Because of PES's unique system of stats (and individuality), being able to see the stats at "one glance" and being able to compare each player's stat easily using Hexagon is a MUST. Overall stats are could probably have implemented as a little addition feature, but not as a whole replacement.

Please take my feedback into account and make an appropriate changes in the release version!
(I am from South Korea, and already many users are complaining about set-formation interface)
hwanikani

Postby smc » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:03 pm

Some people may regard this as strange or selfish (or both) but this is how I feel

After reading the demo thread on these forums I am personally gutted, the amount of people saying it's either amazing or fantastic is bemusing to me, with Adam saying most dont want a overhaul, what about the people that do? Are we getting drowned out now because the majority seem to be loving it? I respect opinion and thats what its all about but I feel and fear that the feedback that is going to be given to you i.e Konami from WENB will be more or less positive which really should be a good thing but this year after that demo I cant but feel bewildered with the whole fan opinion/where the series is heading vibe. Those who want major technical improvements and animations are going to get frowned upon or looked at as just negative people when the truth is they want a true next generation Pro Evolution Soccer when apart from the graphics (excellent work by the way) its inferior in almost every other department . Basically this is the first time I think loyalty is dominating over the cracks and problems. Thats my opinion anyway. Regards
smc
Mascot
Mascot

Postby saintric » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:56 pm

I really enjoyed the demo the game has improved alot of course and got me wanting to play again and again on the demo.
I suppose we all know the problems with this build response times, AI glitches, erratic goalies but you see despite all that people are enjoying it like myself i do wonder if them things are nicely fixed in the final build i will be really happy.

I am finding certain aspects of the game amazingly close to real football and the game feels how to put it ? bulky heavy not like the previous matchstick men on ice of 08/09 this is really noticable.If they could ever so slighty speed up the animations and make them flow better it would improve the game immensly i personally dont mind the running animations this year they have improved say 50%?

I will hand it to ADAM and the guys on here that they really did get close to describing exactly how the game would play it was what i expected and im satisfied in the knowledge that from this point it WILL continue to improve if the current system of fans feedback carries on and sites like this provide a voice for fans I mean how much could they fit in , in 12 months? well looks like they did a good solid job in the timespan they had

good work all round but keep it going
saintric
Mascot
Mascot

Postby T_Master » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:13 pm

I think this is right place to put my input about the demo (sorry for the copy-paste, my message was in the wrong place):

I have played PES 2010 demo (with a friend) and i would like to share my opinion. This is the opinion of a guy who plays and “knows” PES2009 well:

1st game: Something’s different…
2nd game: Exploring 360º…different from fifa with the ball (feels like 16 direccions), but when not with the ball feels the same as fifa (in terms of freedom of movement). I loved the improvements regarding the animations when the player has the ball. This and the 360º makes the pace of game much better. After playing a few games I started to love the player movements with the ball.
3rd game I realized: no goals, almost no shoots at goal…wtf??
4 game: I was thinking: this is not PES 2009…cant run all the time, one two not so easy, chip passes not working, Attacking is hard (AI smarter and more effective)
5 game I started to change the way of playing, and start to notice some details, like the positioning of players, the way that they move (henry always by the line for example), player support, etc…In this game my first goal: great interplay, great cross, diving header – uuuuu Later on: 30 yard shot on the post – wow!!

From that moment, I started messing up with tacticts and men…started to fell in love with the Game…

Some stuff I really enjoyed:
- Pace
- Passing (long pass really helps – OMG)
- Subtle skills and dribling
- Messi is so so great – but the coolest thing is that this is not goals assured…you can go trough and drible 1, 2, 3 defenders like the real messi, but as far as easy goals, they are not there (I think it has a lot to do with the way the AI compensate other players)
- Shooting system offers no doubt – the best in the market
- Tactics impact on the game

Negative note:
- Response time (I know it will get better in the final version)

Conclusion: I have tried fifa2010, and I’ve enjoyed…to me it’s a fifa with a PES flavour. But this PES…this is something else…If "you" have any doubts try playing with a friend 10 games of fifa and PES. Then think about this: Which game is more likely to recreate the Inter-Barça match? – For me PES no doubt, and I don’t even have to think like this, because bottomline: Which game provided more fun: PES!!

Final note: Konami don’t **** up with the online – this is the factor that will make the difference between a good game and a great game!

I’ve also read the reviews from Adam(“s”) in recent past and its true what is being said: It was an accurate description of the game. I give you guys props for that!
T_Master

Postby Harvey_psv » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:46 am

I just wanted to say that I really like the demo. I'm hooked on the gameplay and the tactics (sliders and playercards). Wonderfull idea! It took me some time to forget how I played pes2008/2009 and see how you guys want me to play pes2010. I got it now. :P I really really like it now!
And the graphics? Thumbs up!! Great job. I'm still playing the game with my mouth open. :D

Thank you for making this great game. You can expect feedback from me in the near future. Such as the sound of the footballshoes (noise) when the players are walking in the tunnel before entering the field.. Very important detail. I love that sound on tv. ;-)

Ciao!

Harvey
Harvey_psv
Mascot
Mascot

PSN: Wizzywow80

Re: New set-formation interfaces are BAD!

Postby DandyDon » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:42 pm

hwanikani wrote:I have played the demo, and there is one thing that really bothers me about.

It is not about the gameplay, but set-formation interface (which made me disappointed even before playing demo)

PES series had simple but efficient set-formation interface that allowed users to glance at each individual player's abilities (via trademark hexagon), and compare each other's stats easily because the screen spans almost full screen and made user be fully aware of what each player is capable of.

However, in new PES 2010, the screen is so small and as you browse through the team, you can't even see what detailed stat each player have. To see the complete stats of each player, YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO CLICK 7 TIMES to browse all of them including cards (and you can't even fully comprehend what each player's stats are because you have to click so many times and again, screen is so small!)

I think KONAMI thought that the concept of overall stats would replace them perfectly.
I am not against the overall stats because they can sometimes be useful. However, I wanted overall stats to be added as an "Addition", not as a complete "Replacement." It seems like KONAMI thought that "overall stats" was more important than detailed ability of each player, but it is actually the the other around. Overall stats are there to only "help" interpreting each player's ability (It should only be a supplement). You could have implemented the overall stats concept with the original set-formation interface intact.

I usually liked to look through each player's stats before the kick-off each game, and now it is a pain to look each player's stats.

Again, I have to say that this new interface is a wrong direction for PES since it degrades the "individuality" of the game. Because of PES's unique system of stats (and individuality), being able to see the stats at "one glance" and being able to compare each player's stat easily using Hexagon is a MUST. Overall stats are could probably have implemented as a little addition feature, but not as a whole replacement.

Please take my feedback into account and make an appropriate changes in the release version!
(I am from South Korea, and already many users are complaining about set-formation interface)

Agreed. The hexagon diagram is far better than an overall number.
DandyDon
Ballboy
Ballboy

PSN: HeroicLegend

Re: New set-formation interfaces are BAD!

Postby Bosh Factory » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:37 pm

DandyDon wrote:
hwanikani wrote:I have played the demo, and there is one thing that really bothers me about.

Agreed. The hexagon diagram is far better than an overall number.

I also agree with this. Please bring back the player hexagon, Konami.
The sun is beating down and the wind is shooting through the stadium!
Bosh Factory
Mascot
Mascot

Postby Gari14 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:09 pm

PureFromEast wrote:Adam is the version u have as jittery as this demo? Alot of stuttering going on in this demo.

As in frame rate issues? :?

I dont get any frame rate issues in the demo of PES 2010 or WE 2010. Smooth as silk for me.
Help support Kitana | WENB | FSB | NGB by buying from:
Help us by buying your games at hmv.com| iTunes | JD Sports | Creative Labs | Nike | hmv
Gari14
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Gamertag: Gari14
PSN: Gari14
Twitter: @gariclark

Postby Ocelot » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:16 pm

Gari14 wrote:
PureFromEast wrote:Adam is the version u have as jittery as this demo? Alot of stuttering going on in this demo.

I dont get any frame rate issues in the demo of PES 2010 or WE 2010. Smooth as silk for me.

I think he could mean the stuttering like movements at times, something i would like to know as well.
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you someone else is the greatest accomplishment.”
My Tribute to the Master!
Ocelot
Manager
Manager

PSN: MRigz

Postby Gari14 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:17 pm

Ocelot wrote:
Gari14 wrote:

I think he could mean the stuttering like movements at times, something i would like to know as well.

Oh right yeah.

I dont find it that big of an issue though to be honest but that could just be me.
Help support Kitana | WENB | FSB | NGB by buying from:
Help us by buying your games at hmv.com| iTunes | JD Sports | Creative Labs | Nike | hmv
Gari14
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Gamertag: Gari14
PSN: Gari14
Twitter: @gariclark

Postby England » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:40 pm

Yea, I noticed that too in my demo. However, I haven't seen any of it in the final code videos...
England

Postby undrawn_line » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:42 pm

I have played every PES/ISS game and have seen Konami make some great changes over the years, but sadly since 2009 they've taken a wrong turn somewhere. All PES 2008 needed was some simple changes to make the next version (i.e, PES 2009) thee best game without rival, but with the added pressure to deliver on the silly things (i.e. what Fifa does well, interface looks and improved graphics). Konami seem to have taken a rather confusing direction, and in PES 2009/2010 it shows (though moreso in 2010). Official reviewers can pretend that PES 2010 provides 'a more simulator-type feel' offering a fresh breath of air, but I have other words to describe that and they would be 'slow and unresponsive'

So why, in my opinion, is the game poor?

Well PES 2010 offers even less control than its predecessors (on the pitch). Players are sluggish, controls are sluggish, less moves (R2 is now completely redundant), more moments of automated player bahaviour (often resulting in giving the ball away), the computer AI and bugs are all still there (i.e. suddenly players like Puyol can outrun Henry, Messi etc), ohh and the advantage play is still there (one min your team are faster, slicker on the ball, 2 mins later the opposition gets these improvements while your team slow down).
All this and we haven’t even got to the shooting. How could you make things worse than PES 2009? I am completely miffed, but they have. Instead of kicking a medicine ball (2009) you are now kicking a medicine ball that behaves like a beachball.

To my absolute amazement it now seems you only have three shooting outcomes, a majority of the time, yet even this isn't consistent. Anyway, lets look at what those outcomes are:

1). Low powered shot : (literally flicking the button) - Result: Keeper collects.

2). Medium powered shot : (usually 1/5 of the powerbar, again a slight press of the button) - Result: Keeper saves with the shot usually being central.

3). High powered shot : (strangely enough this can usually be as low and sometimes lower than 1/3 of the powerbar - again holding the button down for no longer than a half a second). - Result : Ball is ballooned over the bar.

The shooting is rediculous, and limiting players to this is the wrong way to deal with being able to score easy goals.

Where is manual swerve? Non-restrictve passing? Increased shot variability?

It would appear that the majority of the changes made in PES 2010 are purely aesthetic.

Though its understandable, why should Konami make the serious changes needed to bring PES into the next generation when they can simply give the old game a lick of paint and everyone still buys it? According to their sales everyone loves each game because although many people may have argued about 2009, they all still bought it. So Konami think they are on the right track, when in reality they are messing things up big-time. Then again why should they care? Everyone buys it in the end.

Terrible, terrible game. Tragic since I played ISS/PES since its inception way back on the SNES.
undrawn_line

Previous

Return to PES2010 Feedback archive