Edit Mode Feedback

Re: Edit Mode Feedback

Postby TJHUCKER » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:55 pm

Coul we have create a stadium in our Pes games. Also can we at least change names of stadiums for different teams and it stay kike that for just that team.
For ex If I change KONAMI STADIUM to Stamford Bridge then All other teams who have konami stadium as their home ground would NOT have their stadium name auto changed to Stamford bridge.

Basical so I can at very least have the real stadium names for teams
" Hoping for a decent football game "

" FIFA has grown but needs coach mode "
TJHUCKER
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Gamertag: TJ HUCKER
PSN: TJHUCKER

Postby manu » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:04 pm

1. Import feature for Xbox 360
2. kit/design quality as good as the licensed
3. much more kit designs, hair, boots (+editor) etc
4. no PIXEL paint, make it high res!
5. Let me paint the whole kit, not only the front! It should be possible to recreate any kit, including socks, perfectly. That should be the spirit of edit mode!
6. much more qulity/resolution for imported graphics (like faces!)
manu
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby CroPesFan » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:57 pm

1. More real boots
2. More and better faces
3. More hair styles
4. And bring those funny faces of dogs or others from PES 4, it was cool and funny
CroPesFan

Postby ShaneJoshua80 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:12 pm

CroPesFan wrote:1. More real boots
2. More and better faces
3. More hair styles
4. And bring those funny faces of dogs or others from PES 4, it was cool and funny

Don't bring back those stupid heads and suits it's a waste of space
TALK IS CHEAP SO IT'S TIME TO SHOW YOU GOT GAME KONAMI?

Individuality, Excitement, unpredictability and emotion.

PES THE THINKING MANS FOOTBALL GAME
ShaneJoshua80
First Team
First Team

PSN: ShaneJoshua80

Postby Jordan_23 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:27 pm

Personally i think konami should utilise both the playstation store and xbox marketplace offering downloadable content for edit mode related items. For example things they could offer packs e.g celebration packs, adidas,nike,puma boot packs, hairstyle packs, kit template packs, ball packs, stadium packs. This would make konami extra money and i'm sure many of the fans would download these items if they were available at reasonable prices. This enables the game to always be up to date with the latest boots,balls,stadiums, kits, celebrations and maintains the player indiviuality.
Fingers crossed pes2010 is THE ONE!!
Jordan_23

PSN: Jordan2392

Postby ShaneJoshua80 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:52 pm

Like I sain in my long winded post regarding the kit editing. I think there shouls be a 2kshare like community hub where I can go nline type in the player, kit or boots I want and then dowload them. It works really well with NBA 2K series and its something that would have alot of legs in the PES series,

My other issue is the league emblems, why not make them editiable so we can have the official EPL, LA LIGA or Serie A logos on League menus and also an option to put them on the kits for the extra but of authenticity.

ShaneJoshua80
First Team
First Team

Re: Editing Feedback

Postby ShaneJoshua80 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:33 pm

ShaneJoshua80 wrote:For years PES editing mode has always been one of the best for a sports game but over the years there have been some obvious blips such as PES 4 which had no striped kits in the template but silly kits with Hearts on them. :D

The reason why people love the edit mode is becuase

1. It lets you keep player stats up to date of in some cases correct them

2. it lets you keep kits and playing accessories up to date

3. Player creations can be pretty accurate

the list goes on but one of the things that was noticed in last years version and many other releases is that you have not been able to get kits spot on such as the Arsenal strip in 2009 which is 90% accurate.

KITS

Here are a list of the main kit manufactuers in Europe, Asia and the Americas

Adidas (Chelsea, Bayern Muncih, Japan, Nigeria, France, Germany, Mexico, Russia & River Plate)

Canterbury (Portsmouth)

Champion (Wigan & Wales)

Diadora (Napoli, Scotland)

Errea (Atalanta)

Kappa (Roma, Torino, Metz & Borrussia Dortmund)

Le Coq Sportif (Everton & Wolves)

Lotto (Borussia Monchengladbach, Colombia)

Nike (Arsenal, Aston Villa, Fulham, Celtic & Boca Juniors)

Puma (Cameroon, Italy & Feyenoord)

Reebook (Bolton)

Umbro (Lyon, West Ham, Sunderland & Man City)

Now this is an exhaustive list and I have not even mentioned all of the teams who's kits are provided by these manufactuers. I dont see why Konami can't approach these manufactuers and ask for their templates for a fixed period that way the kits will be 100% authentic both player and GKs kits. There must be the capacity to add these templates onto Blu Ray or 360/PC DVD. The big four Nike, Adidas, Umbro & Puma will have the most templates, mid companies like Kappa, Le coq Sportif & Lotto will have a few and the likes of Champion, Canterbury & Errea are gonna have maybe one or two. it would be nice if they looked as good as the licencsed kits as well.

The short length option form the previous PES games should be brought back as classic players did not have shorts as long as they do now example below. Also the shirt tightness option as in PES 3 as some of these kits and shorts are tighter fitting than others.

Maradona in 86

Torres now.

Kit Options

One of the best options introduced was the untucked or tucked shirts and the socks low sock high as there are many players that wear their kit in specific ways and in some ways it emphisies the players personality on the pitch.

Obviously in the Totti, Hleb and Henry photos you notice the difference in the way socks are worn. I have noticed there are more players due to shirts being tighter are wearing their sleeves in what is best described as a 3/4 roll.

Also the slight variations in the way tape is worn as on PES you hae the stnadard one ring round the ankle but there are variations as shown below

Ronaldo normally wears his with some kind of ankle sock/guard

Gerrard wears his the traditional way which is featured in PES.

Torres also wears it similar to Ronaldo

Lastly le sulk wears his higher up his socks.

Accessories

Genrally PES gives a good variation of accessories for players the only things I'd want included are the ability like in 2K9 to wear club writstbands like Joe Cole does for Chelsea.

Equitment

PES has alsways had a good selection of boots but one of the major problems has been that you have 3 or 4 pairs of Predators taking up fours slots when common sense says you have all the Predator colours on one slot freeing up another 3 slots. In terms of boots the following boot manufactuers models

Adidas (Predator, World Cup, F50 & AdiPURE)

Nike (Mercurial Vapor, T90 Laser, Tiempo & Air Legend)

Puma (V.1.08-5.08, Konstruct & King)

Umbro (SX Flare & SX Valor)

Mizuno (Morelia Pro Japan)

Lotto (Zhero Gravity)

Diadorra (Brasil Italy & Pro Line Axler)

Asics (Testimonial, Lethel Testimonial)

Reebok (Instante Pro)

Again these are a few of the boots available but Konamai could have all the styles of the big boys Adidas, Nike & Puma could be given the 11 slots with the different colour schemes all on the same slot. These are the most worn then for some of the other brands you could either assign them one slot for there most popular boot or make their boots & logos creatable in the edit mode.

Again I think for classic players if you had this would give that extra authenticity.

Adidas (World Cup)
Puma (King)
Nike(Earl to Mid 90s Tiempo)

Goakeeper Gloves

There is absolutely no reason why GK gloves are not licensed in the game or that they are not editbale there is nothing more annoying having a GK like Buffon wearing black gloves when he has been wearing all white for the past season.

Adidas
Nike
Puma
Selsport
Umbro
Reusch
Sells

These are the main maunfactuers but Konami could either get licences for the big boys as most keepers wear Nike, Adidas, Puma than Umbro/Sells/Selsport. If Konami had a goalkeeper glove editing the following(strap colour, palm design, top design, top colour and logo) These could be inlcuded to then most of theses manufactuers gloves could be editied into the game.

Less of the gardening/mickey mouse gloves

and more

Player Faces

My only issue I have is not being able to create spot on likenesses is there noe way you can include past players whether as licensed faces or just within the mutlitude of noses, mouths, eyes & eyebrows. Surely that would not be a breach as they are in the game but then concievably any person in the world could be in there if someone has the patience to make them. It seems a real shame to myself and that preset players look awesome but made up one or classic have a wierd look about them.

Player Hair

Can you please do a bit my research into afro type hair because for certain players like Essien the hair is awful you need more black hairstyles including a smaller afro for players like Glen Johnson pre braids.

It would be nice if you had and accurate Valderama hairstyle as well as 20-30 historic hairstyles such(I know you have a few) as Maradona's barnet from 1986, Paul Brietner's German afro, Waddles mullet.

And a decent Baggio hairstyle would be nice

I had to include that one those are the best perms ever!! :lol:

These are the kind of things that have to be added into the future edit modes IF POSSIBLE along with any other suggestions I may have missed.

I just thought I'd put all my thoughts into a monster post including my thoughts on kit editing.

There is no reason why the following could not be editiable

Balls as it would be nice to be able to use NIKE balls when playing the English league but the last time I remeber the NIKE ball was only available for the La Liga whn it was Licensed. The following balls are used for the following Leagues

Official Premier League Ball

Official La Liga Ball

Official Serie A Ball

Official Europa League Football

Official Champions League Ball

As you can see these are mainly Nike and Adidas balls but you can also add Mitre who do the Championship & England home internationals.

Why not have more licensed balls i.e just the models and not the fac that they are attributed to a icensed league and also the ability to be able to edits balls to create ones that are not in the game.

You could have your base ball I'd say 4 panel styles like below

Long Panel

Classic Panel

Modern Panel
[img][http://www.soccerballworld.com/images/golden_ball.jpg/img]

You then should have the ability to edit the base ball buy colouring panels like below

Or Adding patterns and colours like the two below

These could then be available during the match selection and league selection mode.

As I said in the above post the League Logos should be editable and this should purely be done the same way badges are done. If possible if it could be incorporated into the game so that when playing the EPL all the shirts will display the EPL logo on their shirts like so

This should be the same for La Liga, BundisLiga, Seria A and any other league we may wish tyo create.

I would also like to see editbale trophies is possibe as it would just mean that we are able to edit the

International Cup trophy
The various league trophies
European Champions Trophy
Americas Trophy
Asia Trophy
Africa Trophy

For instance to create the EPL trophy it would be a case of chosing a base and then handles

Base wise you could have

Trophy(EPL, La Liga, European Championship, Uefa Cup, Champions League, Copa America, )
Vase (The only one I can think of is the F.A vase)
Plate(Budisliga, Ligue 1 )
Sheild(Cahrity Sheild)
Statuette(World Cup, African Nations Cup)

You could then have the choice of adding arms to the trophy which could be moved into place and then the colour of the trophy and maybe and option to add the winning teams colours.

To sum up my entire post why not make the edit mode as open as possible to give each individual player the possibility to edit the various elements of the game to their liking.

ShaneJoshua80
First Team
First Team

Classic Shorts and Preset Faces

Postby Amateur » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:48 am

Would it be too much to ask, to have the option of choosing shoter 1980s shorts... instead of the longer modern ones?

It's just a detail that would contribute nothing to the gameplay, but it would be great for those Football fans looking to re-create Classic Teams such as Brazil 1970 or Argentina 1986, etc, etc.

And for similar purposes, it would be better if we had the old "Preset Faces" back, perhaps with some New Face Editing tools, like eye placement, ear placement, nose length, mouth placement, etc, etc. Plus the editing tools we already have; Face Length, Face Width, etc.

So that we can take (for example) Luka Modric's Face and tweak with the face dimensions... If we had the option of taking Luka Modric's Preset Face and tweaking with "nose length" and "mouth placement" -the- end product would be a spot-on version of Johan Cruyff.

This would be better (in my opinion) than the current "Build Faces". And to this, it would help if we had Classic Hairstyles such as Roberto Baggio's Ponytail, Carlos Valderrama's weird afro, Maradona's permed hairstyle, Johan Cruyff's trademark hairstyle, etc, etc. Konami does not needs any Licenses to feature Classic Hairstyles, and yet hair is an important part of appearance, in this case Player Individuality in terms of Appearence, not skills.

This are some of the details that would make a huge difference for me because I'm always tryin to re-create Classic Players and Classic Teams, and I've always wanted to play as My All-Time XI.
Amateur
Mascot
Mascot

Postby robbyearon » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:19 pm

mp3 for the players and Teams names.

I want to hear the call names of all the players, so if the players of Ecuador or Boca Juniors don't have a call name, I just record a 5 second mp3 file and use it.

Remember PES4 had some preset TEAM NAMES you could pick from...................most of them were city names like
Madrid,Buenos Aires, Manchester, Sao Paolo, Barcelona, Milan, but it was very nice to hear the team names.

the game between "Barcelona" and "Madrid" :P
robbyearon
Ballboy
Ballboy

PSN: robbyearon
Twitter: @robbyearon

Postby Daymos » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:43 pm

KONAMI!!!

Please allow us to use the material from Pro 2009 on the Xbox 360 in the new game..
it will save the editors (myself) 80 hours of editing time.. I want to be able to use my emblems and kit logos etc..

also If you cant come to an agreement with MS to allow us to use a normal usb.. please look at mp3's and other picture formats for import purposes..
Daymos

Postby Steve » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:17 pm

Seriously Edit mode guys at Konami...

This past week has been loaded with such fantastic news !...

but...

In terms of the edit mode, why can we STILL not put facial hair onto the players created with face import?

Seems like such a simple thing to include, perhaps i am wrong ?

Maybe the edit mode is not completed as of yet but i am guessing that facial hair is missing again this year ?

But all the other news has been top notch ! Thankyou for working so hard to implement so much stuff this year !
Steve
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

PSN: dimebolt_1976

Postby Amateur » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 am

Dear Konami,

Why is it that the Edit Mode of the PS3 versions is more restricted than the Edit Mode of the PS2 games??

The Edit Mode and Player Individuality are some of the key positives for me, because I'm a huge fan of Football and if there's something I would like to do in a "simulation game" is take Pele and Diego Maradona and Carlos Valdrrama... and put them all on the same team.

That's priceless, and it's something I could do back in the PS2 versions, it gave me that freedom when Editing. I could take any "Preset Face" and match it with any "Special Hairstyle" and "Facial Hairstyle" -which- coupled with the excellent Player Likenesses, was and still is a big positive for me.

Because not only can I edit/create a player model that looks like Valderrama... that player model will actually play like Valderrama or Maradona, etc. Which is a big positive for me, and something I cannot do with FIFA because it lacks BOTH Player Likenesses and a good Editing Mode.

So, something that I would like to have back are the Preset Faces, which look miles better than the rubbish "imported faces" or the also rubbish "built faces". The old preset faces are simpler to use and look much better. So I'd like to have that option back.

And I would also like to see Classic Hairstyles: Valderrama, Baggio, Maradona, Gullit, Pele, etc, etc.
Amateur
Mascot
Mascot

Postby Amateur » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:28 am

Back when Valderrama wasn't past it, in 1987:

Image Image

Can Konami include that Hairstyle in the Edit Mode?? Are the much improved graphics good enough to achieve this hairstyle?

I felt the need to ask this question individually, as I feel that by simply adding this hairstyle, Konami would effectively add Valderrama into the game. With the correct Preset Face and the correct Facial Hair + Valderrama's Hairstyle = a spot on version of Valderrama, even if it's not official or licensed.

I know it's unimportant, but this was an option in PES5 and PES6 -and- I'm just asking if it can be done, I'm curious as to how it would look, considering how good the new graphics/lighting are.
Amateur
Mascot
Mascot

Postby watu » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:51 pm

Just like to display disappointment at a lack of attention paid to edit mode this year. I know that in itself is not constructive, but I think enough has been said as far as constructive feedback of the edit mode over the last few years, so we just need to start asking Konami to look over our notes and that we'd like them do something about it.

Very big trend towards customization in games these days (especially sports games)- PES's edit mode used to be before it's time IMO, why don't they see this as an important strength of their franchise. How many people are turned away because of lack of licenses. If more effort was put into edit mode, and it was heavily promoted, people would take notice.

Hopefully edit mode is something that gets a little treatment before final release. Perhaps they could make sure they put all their assets like specific hairstyles, into the mode.

We can only live in hope.
watu
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby gianigol » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:57 pm

Option File Exchange should be simplified

Currently if you want to exchange an option file with a friend, you have to copy hundreds of pictures (logos, faces, ...) to your console (PS3), which is very annoying.

Therefore the option file exchange should be simplified, so that all pictures are also saved into the option file.

Even better would be an official Option-File-Editor PC programm created by Konami.

Also appreciated is that you can have different option-files on the console and load them on the game.
gianigol

Postby StuLinney » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:03 pm

Editor would be good. Konami must use an editor themselves so why not water it down a bit and make it available? Also to be able to 'EDIT NATIONALITES.'
StuLinney

Postby roigafni » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:21 pm

Hello PES TEAM

As I see it the edit mode need to improve in such areas:
1) imporve the upload images quality- it supposed to be as the quality of the offiical teams- In we2009 you almost nailed it.

2) the option to edit sleeves and back of shirts]

3) the option to edit cups and leauges logo

4) create more templates for edit- put more shapes so we could create the perfect easily. maybe its a good idea to use downloabe content for it.

thats all for now,

Thanks for listening
Please LIKE our WENB Facebook Page!
roigafni
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

PSN: Roi_Gafni
Twitter: @roibeng

Postby LiamKenyon » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:00 pm

some awesome suggestions in here would make my world a dream if some of these were implemnted being a OF maker and all.
LiamKenyon

Postby Kallenovsky » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:18 pm

I've always loved the PES edit mode. That's the main reason why I don't get into FIFA as much.

I'm more of the type of player that enjoys altering reality. I like to add my own thing to these games. I usually take AS Monaco FC and remove all of their real players and replace them with a fully customized team of imaginary players. I don't put together a team full of superstars though.

I've given my team a lot of thought and I've been doing this every year since I first played PES back in 2004. I really want my created players to be as perfect and realistic as possible though so there are some things I would like to see implemented.

-- Far more options for hair styles such as multiple colors for highlights and such. Also, more realistic styles. Just get rid of many of the plain ones. They look ridiculous and I never use them.

-- Far more accessory options. What happened to some of the ones that were included in WE9? Shirt untucking and necklaces are gone for example. I want to see these back and much, much more.

-- Licensed goalkeeper gloves .. come on, I thought some would have been included by now.

-- The ability to edit captain armbands for real teams. I want to see the option of adding a logo such as the club badge.

-- The ability to edit any team's default stadium unless they have their licensed one in the game.

-- More details for created and in-game players such as first and last names, nicknames, place of birth, etc.

Two other things: First, I don't like that edit mode no longer gives me the ability to edit real player facial hair. Second, having tons of boots to choose from isn't a big deal to me. However, having somewhere in the range of 14 to 16 licensed ones would be ideal.

That's all I can really think of for edit mode at this time, but I think these are the most important to me.
Kallenovsky

Postby ShaneJoshua80 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:58 pm

Dear Konami if you are really reading this I have already summed up specifically what I would like in the edit mode. We are in generation of consoles know with harddrives and disks that hold double or treble the capacity of the PS2. All we want is an edit mode so we can have less of this

And more of this

We should be able to create this pixel perfect but we get a dumbed down version of the Arsenal kit. Personally I'd rather you gave us the monster of edit modes and released a game in 2 years time so you boys can try and get back on top. PLEASE READ THIS KONAMI YOUR MY ONLY HOPE

ShaneJoshua80
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to PES2010 Feedback archive