Online Feedback

Re: Pes 2010 HUGE online response issues

Postby chaos » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:59 pm

The connection is ok, especially the ping.
Would be good to know, if you have activated/opened all the required ports of your router's firewall, and if you are connected via lan oder wlan.
I'm the PES Messiah's first and only Prophet.
Owner of PESianity
Download the PESianity PES 2014 OF Installation Guide for PS3
chaos
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

PSN: ichaos1985

Postby PabloDiscoBar » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:25 pm

Hi - yeah all the ports are open - Spent a long while last night configuring the ps3 settings - My router is good as well - Its one of the latest Belkin N ranges. I bought my new Dell laptop in March so wanted all the latest gear as I have a top notch wireless card in it.

It does seem quite a widespread issue eh?
PabloDiscoBar
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby rokka » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:08 pm

hmmmm...

i will try that with the ports when im home from work, but i really dont thinkthat this is the problem because i never had any problems with my connection......but i can try, when im able to spend 60,- bucks for a game that doesnt work online,!?? Yep! Why not!

will let ya know, when its tested!!
rokka

Postby GRANDMASTER FLASH » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:13 pm

if this lag isn't sorted out in the next week I'm taking my game back to the shop. Can;t believe they sort out ALL online issues then end up with a whole new one.

For the last few years I've persevered with the online problems as I was still able to play even though it was rather irritating most of the time, but this button lag has made it completely unplayable. I know my connection for playing is fine, I've even used konami's own speed test to confirm this so I know the problem isn't at my end, so I've tried to play green connections only, everytime I've chosen a green connection, by the time the match starts they go red.
GRANDMASTER FLASH

Postby rokka » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:42 pm

WORD!
thats so sad...that konami force me to say this, but i confirm to 100% w/ grandmaster flash and i'll bring it also back, and everyone who'd also got enough of this long lasting rip-off, should do they same until they take it/us seriously!!!
rokka

Re: Online Feedback

Postby GRANDMASTER FLASH » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:46 pm

Played a few more online games and it's just not getting any better. The first 10secs (literally) are fine, but anything after that and I'm getting absolutely nothing, slide tackling way after the player has passed me, passing the ball straight to the opposition. Honestly can't believe how much of a **** up this is.
GRANDMASTER FLASH

Postby Loopster » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:50 pm

I got no problem playing online, just played 5 games against a friend living in the same city in Germany. No problems, played just fine. Don't know what's wrong with ur connections.
Playing on PS3 behind a router (dlink), got DSL 6000.
Loopster

Postby Han » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:54 pm

Loopster wrote:I got no problem playing online, just played 5 games against a friend living in the same city in Germany. No problems, played just fine. Don't know what's wrong with ur connections.
Playing on PS3 behind a router (dlink), got DSL 6000.

Well, it looks like it that playing an opponent living far away gives problems. I just played an English boy and there was terrible button lag, despite 'only' a yellow connection. It is possible that this player caused the lag on purpose, as he start to turn and dribble extremely when I told him about this terrible button lag.
When playing fellow Dutchmen I have green connections and no lag at all.
Han
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby dcoop » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:18 pm

It is beyond a joke how shite this is.

I think ive managed 5 games max without any severe problems. Ive played about 15 with lag and or massive button response problems..and had about 40 instances of "cant connect to use" or "unforeseeable circumstances"

They best sort this crap out.
dcoop

Postby Han » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:31 pm

dcoop wrote:It is beyond a joke how shite this is.

I think ive managed 5 games max without any severe problems. Ive played about 15 with lag and or massive button response problems..and had about 40 instances of "cant connect to use" or "unforeseeable circumstances"

They best sort this crap out.

That is much more than most people. What is your upload speed and your ping? You can test it on www.speedtest.net
Is your NAT-status on open?
Han
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby dcoop » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:02 am

My upload speed varies..from about 0.4 to 0.5, Which I imagine is quite poor...but the PES Online Test website tells me everything I have is rosy.. A A A it says.

And I dont have problems playing any other online games. Nothing of this magnitude anyway..

How do I know if my NAT system is open? Dont know anything about that.
dcoop

Postby rokka » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:56 am

Hoooooooolllllyy Sh**T!

Thats ridiclious!!!!!

After waste my time on checking my connection, ports and all the settings(what is not neccesary by other games) i have to say that this is not the way i enjoy to play a game online!??

It still doesn't work, delay on buttons, lags,......if choose opponent it shows green conn., second menu my opponnents conn is orange, and during the game it turns into RED!!! COOL!Huh!??

its so sad that Konami is the only one who cant handle the ps3!

the game make really a lots of fun offline, but i want, and thats what i've paid for, to play online too!!!!!

and that not only against the guys who are living in my courtyard, i want to play against kickers from the whole wide world out there, i think thats the idea of onlinegaming!??????
rokka

Postby rokka » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:13 am

OOOOhhh i forgot to tell you this one!!!

After i get sooooo maaad about this game, i consider to call the KONAMI SUPPORT HOTLINE (the german one) i just wanted to yell at anybody(great idea):

5 min long in the line listening to wack music and a really unmotivated female voice, suddenly i get to the support and the dude asked me after a while if im talking about PES 2010, i answered yes, than he started to lough and told me, that this game got huge problems online, and he's very sure that this problems is NOT on my side.....

@KONAMI: next time, just write on the cover of the Game, that it wont work online, so you can even sell that what youre promoting!
rokka

Postby Han » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:51 am

dcoop wrote:My upload speed varies..from about 0.4 to 0.5, Which I imagine is quite poor...but the PES Online Test website tells me everything I have is rosy.. A A A it says.

And I dont have problems playing any other online games. Nothing of this magnitude anyway..

It depends if you have a PS3 or an Xbox 360.
NAT goes open if you use the correct ports for your console.
You can find them as follows:

First of all, look into your console which IP-adres is used. That is in the Network settings. You need that IP-adres in step 6 below.
1. go to http://www.portforward.com/english/rout ... rindex.htm
2. Select your modem/router from the list
3. Then, ( after avoiding the advertisement ) you get a whole list of applications from which you choose your console ( so Xbox live 360 or PS3 Pro evolution soccer 2009, which uses the same ports as PES 2010 )
4. Now you see a step-by-step guide and on the bottom you see which ports are used.
5 In most modems somewhere in the guide you will be asked to fill in your local IP-adres: Here you put the IP-adres of your console ( remember, the one you find in the Network settings of your console
6 Now, follow the guide and fill in the correct ports and IP-adres, after which the NAT of your console should be open.
Han
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby makelele » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:02 pm

Yo i just wanted to give a little feedback of my online experience (PS3)

I tried to play online since day 1 (thursday) and it's been just so disapointing.
I live in Paris France and i have Fiber Optic (approx 100mb) so i should be ok hosting a game (actually checked on the konami website and got an A)
Unfortunatly either when im hosting a game or joining a game, like some said, at first my opponent's light is Green, then as soon as we start the match it goes Yellow/Red and therefore it is just impossible to play.
EIther i get the "lost connection" error message or i just get these awfull lags and/or the button lag.

Very very disapointed

Hope konami can do something about it
makelele

Postby dcoop » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Han wrote:
dcoop wrote:My upload speed varies..from about 0.4 to 0.5, Which I imagine is quite poor...but the PES Online Test website tells me everything I have is rosy.. A A A it says.

It depends if you have a PS3 or an Xbox 360.
NAT goes open if you use the correct ports for your console.
You can find them as follows:

First of all, look into your console which IP-adres is used. That is in the Network settings. You need that IP-adres in step 6 below.
1. go to http://www.portforward.com/english/rout ... rindex.htm
2. Select your modem/router from the list
3. Then, ( after avoiding the advertisement ) you get a whole list of applications from which you choose your console ( so Xbox live 360 or PS3 Pro evolution soccer 2009, which uses the same ports as PES 2010 )
4. Now you see a step-by-step guide and on the bottom you see which ports are used.
5 In most modems somewhere in the guide you will be asked to fill in your local IP-adres: Here you put the IP-adres of your console ( remember, the one you find in the Network settings of your console
6 Now, follow the guide and fill in the correct ports and IP-adres, after which the NAT of your console should be open.

Im using a PC...

Would the guide be much the same anyway?
dcoop

Postby markus » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:50 pm

to the Konami guys:

in 99% of all online matches you have to face top teams and in most cases it's Real or Barca.
Why can't you implement a function to abort a match before kickoff of first half - as it is still in FIFA ?
So everyone can reject a match against teams he is tired to play against.

And change the chat button - clicking down the right analogue stick is not the best choice...

i'd also appreciate some information about how the onlinemode works technically on each plattform:
what kind of servers are used and where are they placed ?
who hosts a match ?
host changes at halftime ?
etc. - feel free to add more

can't be such a mystery...
markus
Ballboy
Ballboy

PSN: zaminho10

Postby Rob Doo » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:00 pm

I've played 5 matches now and all I've had is minimal lag. :D :D
Rob Doo

PSN: playahater94

Postby Lebako » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:11 pm

I already posted this on the discussion section but just to be sure that someone @ Konami reads it I post this also here.

2v2 PS3 - complete and utter mess

We played 2 on one console on two on another just to make things clear.

2v2 on PS3 is at the moment completely broken, the lag is at all times 1 sec or over, and guess what the gameplay looks like when there are four human controlled players running around the field like headless chickens.
You can't control the players, you can't dribble, you can't make decent passes, the through passes are useless. We renamed the triangle button to "pass the ball to the opponent button".

-changing the players is completely broken, especially when you are on defense. The system many times changes you to control the player who is behind the opponent with the ball and not in front of him like it should.

-referee is an idiot, yesterday there were at least five situations where we or our opponent slide tackled a player who was on breakaway. All the slide tackles happened from behind but never ever the referee gave a foul. WTF???
On the other hand, referee was overly eager to give fouls or even yellow cards from normal situations where nobody even fell down or anything. I don't know if this is only 2v2 related but I haven't notice that this is bad on 1v1.

-The lag just destroys the whole gaming experience. People just crash on each other, and because of the extensive pressure there is in 2v2 the dribbling is suicidal. Some players on PES 2010 are not very quick or good in dribbling and this lag just makes them completely useless. No ball control, no quick passes, no nothing.

PES6 online was never ever this bad, maybe 1 in 20 games but this is way worse. There should be something massive to be done, the warping is luckily gone but they have seem to introduce a whole new huge problem.
LOVING PES 2010 2v2 ONLINE
Lebako
Mascot
Mascot

Postby markus » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:09 pm

another thing:
saving your team setup (formation, in game tactics, starting eleven...) doesn't work properly online and offline - the game only saves the formation -> very bad...
markus
Ballboy
Ballboy

PSN: zaminho10

PreviousNext

Return to PES2010 Feedback archive