Online Feedback

Re: New at WENB: The Official Konami PES Feedback Zone

Postby lons » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:43 pm

Option file use online with default stats but correct kits! This is very important for online users.
http://pes.com.pl ADMIN

New AMIGA One X1000. We come back Gates!
lons
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PSN: Lons_PL

Online Play

Postby TheNoise » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:02 pm

One of the big frustrations is the lack of official comment regarding the online aspect of PES. Is almost as frustrating as the actual online experiance.

I emailed support at Konami in the hope of getting through to someone that would actually comment with some meaning:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am contacting to express displeasure at two things.

I understand of course that you the person reading this are not personally
responsible so please do not take any displeasure shown personally.
Ultimately, I would like this email to reach someone that is
responsible for these aspects.

First off, I have been playing PES for quite a few years. From the
first version on the Playstation. It is, no doubts an awesome game.
I was quite excited to pick up 2009 on an XBOX 360 i recently
purchased and play online, as i have a great connection. So before i
could possibly get the standard tech blow off response... my equipment
is more than up to scratch, i am well versed in networking and i work
online for a living. I am well above the majority of online gamers in
all respects.

My issue is the online aspect of PES, it is INCREDIBLY
disappointing. This is not a tech help email, this is a complaint.

First off, the lag is ridiculous. It is emphasized by a complete lack
of thought going into the system - the menu system on it's own is an
embarrassment. The fact that there is no control over who can play on
a bad connection makes "Quick Match" a lottery as to wether you will
spend the next 15 minutes suffering severe frustration or not. 9 times
out of 10 is a YES. No options for matching players with connection
speed for starters.

Passing that, even playing someone with an acceptable speed still has
lag issues making the game hard to follow or react to. Players
dissapearing and reappearing seemingly randomly.

Then there is the server suddenly dropping mid game. This could be due
to maintenance once in a while, but surely allow games in progress to
finish!

This also leads to gaming the system, on more than one occasion
playing someone with a good connection i have gone a goal or two up
and suddenly the oppositions connection has weakened until they have
scored... simply uploading something with a little control over how
much bandwith and players are jumping around. Why no safety catch to
disconnect that person and default the win to the other?

Back to the basic menu system and matchmaking... why no matchmaking
based on players ability? Or geographical basis considering the crappy
server connectivity? Or on the same basis quick matches based on speed?

And why, after downloading the update do i have to click through
"OK" on several dialogue boxes EVERY TIME i go to play online?

The whole online aspect of PES 2009 seems to not have been thought
through and is sub par in terms of the servers. Incredibly
disappointing. I purchased it in the U.S as i spend a lot of time here
and want to still be able to play friends at home in the U.K at the
game... but all it does is lead to frustration. It is such a shame
because it really is such a good game.

My questions at this point are:

1. Why is the online experience so bad in terms of connectivity?

3. Are there plans to sort this out before 2010 comes out?

2. Why is the UI and matchmaking part of the online deal so bad, and
more to the point, why has it not been upgraded and fixed?

4. Will the 2010 version have the online aspect brought up to a decent
standard?

From what i understand the FIFA EA game does not suffer from poor
online play, and frankly despite my love of PES, it's becoming a
temptation to try. Same as my friends that also love the game.

Then we come to the support. I looked at the official PES site and
found a forum link... and of course it is a broken database and
inaccessible. I also found the forum on Konami's own site and the PES
section was unhelpful to say the least. The only official response to
a question i saw was to contact tech support. The only other
references were to PES 2008.

Is there any kind of official public dialogue regarding this? Do
Konami or the PES developers care?

I would appreciate this email being passed on to someone that can
answer my questions directly and honesty. The experience could have
been so good, but is largely disappointing and frustrating and I know
I am not the only one.

Many thanks,

Ian Wright.

Of course i got the standard almost laughable reply:

Dear Konami Customer,

Thank you for contacting Konami Customer Support.

In response to your questions about PES, I'm very sorry to tell you we have no information at this time regarding this.

Please keep an eye on our website http://www.konami.com for information about developments and future plans.

We try and forward all the feedback to the development teams who make the decisions regarding content, features, or otherwise.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your feedback.

Dear Konami Customer?!? I signed my name! My name is NOT Konami Customer, it is Ian Wright.

Have no information on this?

Someone has information on this.

We "try" and forward all the feedback to the development teams who make the decisions regarding content, features, or otherwise?

How about just DOING it? Is the forward button hidden on Konami supports email application?

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your feedback!!!!

Wow, i'm glad i took the time now.

There is a big thread on this forum about the online play, is ANYONE from Konami or PES development actually going to address this issue?
TheNoise

Re: Online Feedback

Postby G7SEV » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:37 am

@thenoise, welcome to the site.
Firstly, as your new here i am guessing you do not follow the site closely or how some things work. Konami have not directly told you anything regarding online because they dont have to. When it's time for them to make an announcement for what they have been doing to make the PES online playable they will. Lot's of work is currently going on behind the scenes with Konami regarding online. They are striving to fix it.
Today many scrrenshots were released with online elements exposed and looking pretty neat and promising.
Stay patient at the minute, Gamescom comes on Wednesday and that is when news is expected on a lot of things.
G7SEV
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

PSN: G7SEV

Postby Ese_Cadiz_Oe » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:49 am

2Vs2 Groups pes 6 pes 2 ? pes 2010 no modo 2vs2 groups ? grrrrrr
Ese_Cadiz_Oe

Postby TheNoise » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:15 am

G7SEV wrote:@thenoise, welcome to the site.
Firstly, as your new here i am guessing you do not follow the site closely or how some things work. Konami have not directly told you anything regarding online because they dont have to. When it's time for them to make an announcement for what they have been doing to make the PES online playable they will. Lot's of work is currently going on behind the scenes with Konami regarding online. They are striving to fix it.
Today many scrrenshots were released with online elements exposed and looking pretty neat and promising.
Stay patient at the minute, Gamescom comes on Wednesday and that is when news is expected on a lot of things.

Thanks for the welcome. It's appreciated. Yes i am new to the forum, but i will point out i run big forums and am part of big communities dotted around the web. In fact, it's something i do pretty much professionally as an aspect of my work. I tell you that to let you know i am not just charging in and trolling around. Also to let you know i am very familiar with online communities and how they work and what people expect... it's in fact a large part again of what i do for a living.

Few things. First off, Konami haven't told anyone anything, any reasoning behind why the online experience regarding the big sticking point of lag. Why is there so much lag, and why have no steps been taken to fix it? A hell of a lot of people have bought the game, love the game and are very loyal to PES, and have been left with a rubbish experience with no apology, no reason.

If i am wrong, great. Please someone link to it for me to check out, and i will apologise and re-evaluate my displeasure with Konami and PES as it stands if need be.

Second, the game was released october last year. Best part of 10 months ago. Striving to fix something 10 months after its release while selling us on the idea of the next game with it's exciting developments?

Asking for feedback, building an online community based around that with no dialogue? That's acceptable?

Offering people a voice then leaving it without acknowledgment or reply is a fundamental misunderstanding or neglect of the word "community" and "feedback". A forum that you join is by definition an online community.

As for they don't have to answer... yes, you are quite correct - they don't.

With that said... myself, you or anybody that is fed up of it doesn't have to hang around and support their products.

Point is, they have the chance to keep us in the loop, to show they CARE about what we say and more to the point show they acknowledge there is a problem and that it will be fixed. Or even better, actually fix it. I see a 3 page thread here with no official reply or comment.

I don't know about anyone else, but i'm willing to bet a lot of people would appreciated the package of the game PES 2009 was finished and brought up to scratch before full bodied development of the next version was started. I have been playing the game for a year with a substandard section of the game... it should be fixed before i am offered to pay $60 for the next version. That to me is pretty offensive.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply,and indeed reading my post and replying. I hope i am explaining a point of view here reasonably.
TheNoise

Postby liverpoolfc4ever » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:56 am

Someone please PLEASE tell me "Community" means GROUP GAMES! If this game doesnt have group games, it will just be frickin unbelievable
liverpoolfc4ever

Postby -Charlie- » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:06 pm

liverpoolfc4ever wrote:Someone please PLEASE tell me "Community" means GROUP GAMES! If this game doesnt have group games, it will just be frickin unbelievable

I completely agree with you. I just want to play 2vs2 groups ranked games, i know a lot of people who love groups/clans mode. If the game doesnt include it, we won't buy it, like PES08 & 09.
-Charlie-

Postby pesdg97 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:30 pm

-Charlie- wrote:
liverpoolfc4ever wrote:Someone please PLEASE tell me "Community" means GROUP GAMES! If this game doesnt have group games, it will just be frickin unbelievable

I completely agree with you. I just want to play 2vs2 groups ranked games, i know a lot of people who love groups/clans mode. If the game doesnt include it, we won't buy it, like PES08 & 09.

it was sed there will be 2v2 just like pes 6 but im not 100% sure because rumours are always spreading around
ONE WORD...PES
ImageImageImage
pesdg97
Mascot
Mascot

Postby TheNoise » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:31 am

Again, server is gone all evening... then in the night drops, and boots everyone on the server. But don't worry, they are working on the next version and screw the people already playing the current version.
TheNoise

Postby didgeHague » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:05 pm

I thought it was just me!!! Fricking annoying!
didgeHague
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PSN: mugore

Postby TheNoise » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:14 am

Nope, it was everybody. It's gotten no better but you may notice new adverts in the pauses during games between halves and the loading screens...

Apparently ad revenue can be fixed. But hey, they already have the money we paid for the game.
TheNoise

Postby liverpoolfc4ever » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:09 pm

-Charlie- wrote:

Exactly, for me anyway, if there is no group mode then i simply wont buy the game. Although its evident konami have put a lot of effort into this years pro (the gameplay actually looks half decent when compared to pro 6), online is a key feature in games these days, and you cant not have 2v2 group games when your main competitor has 10 v 10! I hope it has group games
liverpoolfc4ever

Feedback for PES 2010 Online

Postby bigol » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:06 pm

Many people, expecially playing online with Ps3 Pes 2010 are having these problems

There are 2-3 seconds of delay in response and this makes game simply unplayable online

Feel free to write your experiences about this and specify if you are playing ps3, pc or 360 version

Konami, we want this fixed!!

It must be fixed in no time or a lot of people will sell their game
Newest Pes news website and forum for Italian people
http://www.peslab.it

Originally wrote by pando
Anyway, "haters" or the ones who love to point out the flaws and say "it's not good this way, would'nt it be better to do it like this?" are the ones who keep the community alive and show still faith in PES, still talking about how to improve it. Not just to bash it. Blind love or faith for the game will not bring it back to its old glory. Positive critics and suggestions, as much as we can, is what can help Konami and the series right now.
bigol
International
International

Re: Pes 2010 HUGE online response issues

Postby GRANDMASTER FLASH » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:35 pm

I'm really glad I'm not the only one that's been getting this.

When I started playing online I was playing against someone with a weaker connection and was extremely happy to note there was no transporting players and visual lag like had been seen in previous games. However I went from delighted to pissed off as soon as I got the ball and attempted to pass.

I said this on another board
and also I'm playing on PS3

I just finished playing my first online match. There was a NOTICEABLE button delay, when I play online or offline I can usually string together a total of between 100 - 170 passes in a game, this first match I didn't even make 80. The player I was playing against was average at best, yet I only managed one shot in the whole game. the first goal I conceded was an own goal because i played it back to the keeper and I must've accidently tapped down on the analogue just after I made the long pass back, because when the keeper got the ball he just turned into the net.

I don't even know if this would be an exagerration or not but the delay seemed to be at least a second or more between pressing the button and the action happening, whether that was tackling, switching players, shooting, passing, turning, sprinting.

The thing is if this delay in button wasn't there then that match would've been extremely enjoyable as there was NO transporting players and no visual lag in the game
GRANDMASTER FLASH

Postby PabloDiscoBar » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:07 am

Have to agree - Theres a 2 second delay. Makes it unplayable. I keep running the ball out or overhitting freekicks. I have installed the game on my PS3 by the way
PabloDiscoBar
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby winstano » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:14 am

Add me to the list.

UK v UK is fine, but playing anyone else abroad (on red connections) is horrendous.

If there were a way to block out red connections that'd be fine, but as things stand it's so difficult to play :(

Edit: this was present in the beta/demo too, and I put it in the feedback form :)
winstano

Postby rokka » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:19 am

To the Konami Bosses, mr. SEABASS, and everyone else ho has worked on this game......

that cant be sirious!

The last few years you let us buy youre game thats really good offline but not workin online....we "your fans" are givin you every year the chance to make it work and playable and still pay (in my case) € 59,-!! (so around 250 bucks the last issues together) whats a lot of money i'm workin very hard for....but its nearly the year 2010 and im really sorry to have to say that a PS3 game thats NOT playable ONLINE is really NOT COMPETITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So im very very sorry to have to say that this PRO EVO 2010 was the LAST one i'm wasting my money for!!!!!

How can it happen that the only game that wont work online ist yours!??
It cant be so hard to fix this problem....and im sure that you know about this before you let us pay for that game......
ya ya youre working so tight with the community!!!!!!!!!!! aha, that dont look like that!!!!
it looks really like, you DONT GIVE A SH.... ABOUT the community!!!!

Im sad, angry, frustrated and really uppset about the fact that i've TRUST you again and WASTE my money for your game!

If youre not able to fix this problem, please ask the other developers how they do that......hey! you dont have to spent any money on licenses for the european leauges like the german, the english and all the other missing ones in your game(cuz we are looking allways over that and make your work by ourselves by editing names, teams, dresses, etc....) , so please pay for the information how to do it right!!!

in my case i dont need no superfotorealistic graphics and all that unimportant stuff if the game i wish to play against real opponents online is wack!

So thats all, im goin to play FIFA now (a game wich don't look as good as PES2010, got all lisenses, but haven't also a great gameplay like PES - but its working online and that makes a lot of fun)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rokka

Postby Bojador_pt » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:54 am

Konami should fix response times both online and offline. This would be an even better game if we could have no button lag.

Killzone 2 had a simillar problem and Guerrila Games fixed it and the game became even better.

And don't say it's meant to be this way. Clearly the AI can turn a lot quicker, and although playing against AI you can predict what they're going to do, when playing against another person it's very hard to predict and you have to rely only on ping-pong passing to get through his defense.

The reason I always loved PES was that I can do what I want when I want. And in PES 2010 I simply can't.

The rest of the game is very good, and clearly a step forward. I just can't accept Konami fixing things that weren't broken. I understand Konami need to refrain people from running all the time and being able to score without having to pass the ball to create space, but button lag it's not the way to do it.

I think the community should start some kind of petition/request to ask Konami to fix this.
Bojador_pt

Postby Han » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:45 am

I think Konami can only help you guys if you tell them the following things:

-- What platform do you play ( xbox, PS3 or PC )

-- What connection speed do you have ( especially the upload and the ping; download speed is not that important )
To test your speed, http://www.speedtest.net/ is a very good site.

-- What router or modem are you using?
Han
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby PabloDiscoBar » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:04 pm

Playing PS3

Ping = 24 ms
Download = 19.14 Mb/s
Upload = 0.73 Mb/s

Thats all quite good isnt it?
PabloDiscoBar