Page 2 of 5

Re: Online Feedback

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:23 am
by coragi
I just remember something: in PES2009, when you play an unranked match and choose to play again with the same teams, all the players arrows remain the same. So, if in the first game a player comes in a down gray arrow, he's going to be like this forever. At the end, you have to quit the match and play again to change the arrows.

Re: Online Feedback

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:31 pm
by Han
I know SteveM will read this and I have a question for him:

PES 6 online was made in such a way that the host got a ( slightly ) better connection than the one who joined the game.
PES2010 will use an enhanced version of PES 6.
Does that mean there will still be a difference in quality between the host and the one who joins?

Hatsumi said in his blog he did not wanted to go in detail because it is boring. Please bore me ;)

Re: Online Feedback

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:50 pm
by jammy_dodger
I've got a wireless connection, and while pes2008's online was full of lag and almost unplayable, at least I could get online. With pes2009 I can't even connect online. I don't know what the problem is but my friends can play online with wired connections, so konami need to sort out their servers to suit wireless network owners as well.

Re: Online Feedback

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:36 pm
by casperld
Dear Konami.

Will Pes2010 again be region blocked online this year? I am from Ireland, but I live in the United States. Why is the online game blocked and not worldwide? It doesnt make any sense at all. :cry:

Re: Online Feedback

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:52 pm
by markus
i want to add my points:

- add anti-cheat tools/functions

- allow users to abort game in the formation screen before the game starts, so for example no one has to play with a small team vs someone who've choosen a big team though he sweared not to do so 8-)

- bring back 2v2 groups and lobby / ingame chat like in PES 2006 but think about changing the point system that "forced" many groups to cheat with low player profiles

- friendlist and blacklist

- no more restricted game configuration (in PES 2009 you can only play on beginner level, no injuries and so on)

Re: Online Feedback

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:24 pm
by G7SEV
jammy_dodger wrote:I've got a wireless connection, and while pes2008's online was full of lag and almost unplayable, at least I could get online. With pes2009 I can't even connect online. I don't know what the problem is but my friends can play online with wired connections, so konami need to sort out their servers to suit wireless network owners as well.


Sometimes it can depend on your NAT type. It needs to be 2 or preferably 1. Also in fairness the overall experience of PES2009 online wasn't great.

Re: Online Feedback

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:38 am
by Han
G7SEV wrote:
jammy_dodger wrote:I've got a wireless connection, and while pes2008's online was full of lag and almost unplayable, at least I could get online. With pes2009 I can't even connect online. I don't know what the problem is but my friends can play online with wired connections, so konami need to sort out their servers to suit wireless network owners as well.


Sometimes it can depend on your NAT type. It needs to be 2 or preferably 1. Also in fairness the overall experience of PES2009 online wasn't great.

To make the picture complete: For Xbox 360 the NAT-Status must be open ( all green blocks after the Network-test ).
For Xbox 360 the overall experience of PES2009 online was even worse than 'not great', more unplayable.

Re: Online Feedback

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:00 pm
by ht4n
Obviously I don't have to repeat that a decent 1 vs 1 online is a MUST MANDATORY before we should talk about any other thing about online.

Forget about 10 vs 10 , 2 vs 2. First get 1 vs 1 decent first and prove it!

If you have done that then I can move on with other request such as better matchmaking and lobby and chat system. I can tell you PES 2009 WII online is very bad at this. I don't even know if there are other online looking for opponents what I see on the screen is just a waiting screen forever! Why don't they have some lobby system. At least the oldie PS2 version still has it and I can tell how many players are online.

Another important thing, please let us save the formation/squad selection for online game so that we do not have to keep tweaking the formation/squad every time we want to play online I am tired of this.

Re: Online Feedback

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:59 pm
by jools
Bring back 2vs2 groups please, everyone loves it, I personally know about 10 more (original PES fans) who will switch from FIFA back to PES if this is back in the game.

take a look at the link from pesfan for more support of groups/clubs/clans

http://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.php?t=219004

please give us some info whether this is going to be back in or not, dont screw it up this time konami...

Re: Online Feedback

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:44 pm
by only1ronaldo
TLDR version : make it like PES6 but improved.

Here we go :

- 2vs2 online is perfect and always was ; every variation of this was also good ( 2vs1, 3vs1, playing with guests on 1 console vs 2nd console) - I want it back!
- DON'T make things like 10vs10 - it's dumb and has nothing to do with nice online matches - no one ever cares about their position and it looks awkward
- spectators - it's cool to have audience sometimes :P make as many slots for them as possible, 2 are ok, if you can add more - do it
- option to password your room, kick players from room
- player profile - should show country, fav team, fav player, last 5 used teams
- R2 customizable texts after goal - that's so awesome include it
- Groups - this needs to comeback also - it sparks some rivalry online between some guys believe me 8-)
- divide lobby - make 2vs2 (or for groups) lobby, friendly match lobby, and others based on language
- better ranking system - one thing to improve is extra points for winning as lesser team with Barcelonas, Manchesters and Brazils
- star rating system - I've seen this in tournaments in PES6 it was excellent idea ; this star rating should be implemented in everything in online ; winning as Iran with Brazil? good for you! extra points for you
- you need to FORCE people to play with lesser teams somehow - bonus points for playing weak teams, I don't know - skillful player unlock award/badge after 30 wins like that (1star team vs 5star) - something like that, lots of possibilities
- tournaments (like in PES6) - they were very cool, I want it back, but with more variety (8star tournament or with less stars would be amazing) ; include Master League Cup (using your ML team in tournament)
- awards/badges - why not in football game? this can be covered by trophies/achievements too, some examples : score 10 freekicks online - Freekick Master Award, score a goal with Bicycle Kick - Adebayor Award :) ; they need to be hard (not easy crap for padders or hunters) so you can treat it as minigame,
- connection meter - use the same as in PES5, it was showing it better than PES6 ; and connection bar should be visible in profile even if you play Quick Match
- I hope you have dedicated servers this time :?

Re: Online Feedback

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:26 am
by Han
Han wrote:I know SteveM will read this and I have a question for him:

PES 6 online was made in such a way that the host got a ( slightly ) better connection than the one who joined the game.
PES2010 will use an enhanced version of PES 6.
Does that mean there will still be a difference in quality between the host and the one who joins?

Hatsumi said in his blog he did not wanted to go in detail because it is boring. Please bore me ;)

I wonder if SteveM reads the posts on this topic. I posted the above a while ago but SteveM never answered this.
I also hope for a similar mode like the club-mode in FIFA. That alone would bring back big numbers of PESfans.

Re: Online Feedback

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:21 pm
by chaos
Han wrote:I wonder if SteveM reads the posts on this topic. I posted the above a while ago but SteveM never answered this.
I also hope for a similar mode like the club-mode in FIFA. That alone would bring back big numbers of PESfans.


I am sure, that either Steve or someone from those other great guys from Konami read your words, and consider them to be useful or not.
But, they simply can NOT answer to each and everyone, who writes his ideas into this forums, and I suppose, that Steve or Adam, or both of them have mentioned this a couple of times :-)
They'll read it, you can be sure, like me :-)

Re: Online Feedback

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:59 pm
by jools
only1ronaldo wrote:TLDR version : make it like PES6 but improved.

Here we go :

- 2vs2 online is perfect and always was ; every variation of this was also good ( 2vs1, 3vs1, playing with guests on 1 console vs 2nd console) - I want it back!
- DON'T make things like 10vs10 - it's dumb and has nothing to do with nice online matches - no one ever cares about their position and it looks awkward
- spectators - it's cool to have audience sometimes :P make as many slots for them as possible, 2 are ok, if you can add more - do it
- option to password your room, kick players from room
- player profile - should show country, fav team, fav player, last 5 used teams
- R2 customizable texts after goal - that's so awesome include it
- Groups - this needs to comeback also - it sparks some rivalry online between some guys believe me 8-)
- divide lobby - make 2vs2 (or for groups) lobby, friendly match lobby, and others based on language
- better ranking system - one thing to improve is extra points for winning as lesser team with Barcelonas, Manchesters and Brazils
- star rating system - I've seen this in tournaments in PES6 it was excellent idea ; this star rating should be implemented in everything in online ; winning as Iran with Brazil? good for you! extra points for you
- you need to FORCE people to play with lesser teams somehow - bonus points for playing weak teams, I don't know - skillful player unlock award/badge after 30 wins like that (1star team vs 5star) - something like that, lots of possibilities
- tournaments (like in PES6) - they were very cool, I want it back, but with more variety (8star tournament or with less stars would be amazing) ; include Master League Cup (using your ML team in tournament)
- awards/badges - why not in football game? this can be covered by trophies/achievements too, some examples : score 10 freekicks online - Freekick Master Award, score a goal with Bicycle Kick - Adebayor Award :) ; they need to be hard (not easy crap for padders or hunters) so you can treat it as minigame,
- connection meter - use the same as in PES5, it was showing it better than PES6 ; and connection bar should be visible in profile even if you play Quick Match
- I hope you have dedicated servers this time :?


^ What he said ;)

2vs2 groups is a must.

Re: Online Feedback

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:12 pm
by jools
when you invite a player to your 2vs2 room and if they reject the offer they should also have the choice to say why, it could be that they are busy in a game but will play after.
2vs 2 groups!!!!!

Re: Online Feedback

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:12 pm
by ThugLife
2vs2 RANKED GROUPS like in pes6 is a must for this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Online Feedback

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:51 am
by AntrAcsA
Blether.

Stop whit that : "I do not want 10 vs 10 " " I do not want 10 vs 10 ". Don't play then ! Once you do not want 10 vs 10 , you will make room whit : " 2 vs 2 game FUN GAME" name and that's. If Konami can put 10 vs 10 online mode would be awesome.
Now imagine how will form teams around the world , will explore tactics and formation of play , positions , like in the real football , will organize online tournaments . All will be such a fun if we can play 10 vs 10 .

Re: Online Feedback

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:45 pm
by DeP101
Tournaments and competitions can be more detailed.

Free chat during replays ( goals , yellow&red cards ).That was fun in Pes6.
Keyboard users couldn't chat like gamepad users.You can assign a chat button for keyboard.

It was very fun to make jokes after scoring goals .

Re: Online Feedback

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:15 am
by jazz7
i will like to see in pes 2010 the ability to play 1vs1 with direct ip play..like on LAN without the need of any internet connection .FIFA already boasts of it in all its version and if i remember correctly PES used to have it in earlier versions
it is really good feature for people where many people do not have good internet connection like indian sub-continent
also useful for people behind some sort of firewall and proxies like most of colleges
i hope konami implements it this time

Re: Online Feedback

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:19 pm
by Exclusive
Dear Konami,

For online i would like to see a guest option:
With this you will be able to play with 2 players online on just 1 console. Cool for 2 vs. 2 online!!

Would even be bigger when your able to play with 2 or even 3 guest players on 1 console: playing 4 vs. 4 online with 3 friends that are at your place!! That would be off the hook!

10 vs. 10 online mode is something i find useless.
4 vs. 4 is more than enough!

Good luck,
Exclusive

Re: Online Feedback

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:52 pm
by Divath101
Exclusive wrote:Dear Konami,

For online i would like to see a guest option:
With this you will be able to play with 2 players online on just 1 console. Cool for 2 vs. 2 online!!

agreed, a Guest Option is a must-have! I still dream about all those matches played with a buddy on PES 5 :!: