PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby Clive12 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:34 am

the only things that i dont like in pes 2010 are the slow passing and goalkeepers must be more good they make many mistakes :S apart from that its awesome !!

Guys who like to talk about pes add me on msn i like talking about it :) : clivecaruana_12@hotmail.com
Clive12
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:38 am

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby palancas7 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:59 am

ShadyKnight wrote:Could someone confirm or deny the following: I find the gameplay in the demo much smoother when the camera is set to Normal (the tighter, close-up view) as opposed to the Wide-Cam. Will this difference be the same in the final retail version or is this just because the demo wasn't tweaked/polished?


Yup.
On Wide-cam the response times are a lot worse. I hope it's not like that in the retail version, otherwise the online mode will be completely ruined.
User avatar
palancas7
Mascot
Mascot
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby danny275 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:26 am

I've always played normal long :D

Boo yeah for me :lol: :lol:
Image

Il Trattore, Il Capitano, Il Dio - Javier Zanetti

Giacinto Facchetti wrote:The secret of every triumph lies in your own belief
User avatar
danny275
KMN Staff
KMN Staff
 
Posts: 19327
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:58 pm
Twitter: @danny275

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby astroboy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:19 am

after i played the demo my only solution was to order fifa10...sorry i dont want to hate...im fanboy from hour one...but this...hell no!

if the final version is bad as the demo or even less..i dont buy it.
User avatar
astroboy
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby Boris Lozac » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:21 am

So did you guys got acustomed to the response, particulary regarding movement? Sometimes my player just won't stop, without me holding anything, or even when the ball is right there on my leg, he just doesn't listen to my commands and passes the ball like after the 4th press. I got used to it mostly, it plays and looks more like a reall match now, no more silly and instant turns, but i would lie if i said that the response couldn't be a tad more quicker.. Talking about WE demo btw..
Image
Champions League PES 2011 Chant Pack. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3626
User avatar
Boris Lozac
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 1825
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:45 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
PSN: BorisLozac
Twitter: @BorisLozac

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby ShadyKnight » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:23 am

palancas7 wrote:
ShadyKnight wrote:Could someone confirm or deny the following: I find the gameplay in the demo much smoother when the camera is set to Normal (the tighter, close-up view) as opposed to the Wide-Cam. Will this difference be the same in the final retail version or is this just because the demo wasn't tweaked/polished?


Yup.
On Wide-cam the response times are a lot worse. I hope it's not like that in the retail version, otherwise the online mode will be completely ruined.



The gameplay on Normal-Close cam is sublime - I'd go far as to say like playing a different game. It's just so hard to pick out a player who is in acres of space and send a wonderfully flighted through-ball to him when the camera is so tight to the pitch and the players. Some of you might say that's what the radar is for, but I actually want to SEE the player, rather than rely on luck (or the radar). Also, when using the Normal-Close cam you can really see those subtle player animations and movements that are lost on Wide-cam. It's sad Konami don't introduce the FIFA system of being able to edit the camera heights/angles so that the player can find a compromise between distance and gameplay that suits him/her the best.
User avatar
ShadyKnight
Board Member
Board Member
 
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:43 pm
Location: Equality Street, so...

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby ShadyKnight » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:25 am

Boris Lozac wrote:So did you guys got acustomed to the response, particulary regarding movement? Sometimes my player just won't stop, without me holding anything, or even when the ball is right there on my leg, he just doesn't listen to my commands and passes the ball like after the 4th press. I got used to it mostly, it plays and looks more like a reall match now, no more silly and instant turns, but i would lie if i said that the response couldn't be a tad more quicker.. Talking about WE demo btw..


Yes I do get the occasional moment when the player runs out of bounds with the ball, which gives the opposition a throw-in, DESPITE me frantically trying to turn him around. You say this is also present on the WE10 demo? Surely this will be fixed?
User avatar
ShadyKnight
Board Member
Board Member
 
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:43 pm
Location: Equality Street, so...

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby wizard12 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:47 pm

I've been a loyal fan of Konami's PES series ever since it first came out on November 2001 for the PS2.

I have tried fifa 01,04, 07, and even 09, but was always true to PES.

This year however, I'm EXTREMELY disappointed with PES Response Time, so disappointed that I'm afraid I might go back to playing FIFA.

PES was always fun because it was responsive, you always felt you could control the player in the most accurate way, and every year it seems they tighten up the control.

This year however,after trying PES 10 Demo all I can say is I hope Konami would improve the response time significantly, otherwise many fans like me who were following PES blindly, would start looking other directions.

3.5 weeks to launch, really hoping Konami will make the efforts of fixing this annoying issue. :o
wizard12
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby RLXTR » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:03 pm

wizard12 wrote:I've been a loyal fan of Konami's PES series ever since it first came out on November 2001 for the PS2.

I have tried fifa 01,04, 07, and even 09, but was always true to PES.

This year however, I'm EXTREMELY disappointed with PES Response Time, so disappointed that I'm afraid I might go back to playing FIFA.

PES was always fun because it was responsive, you always felt you could control the player in the most accurate way, and every year it seems they tighten up the control.

This year however,after trying PES 10 Demo all I can say is I hope Konami would improve the response time significantly, otherwise many fans like me who were following PES blindly, would start looking other directions.

3.5 weeks to launch, really hoping Konami will make the efforts of fixing this annoying issue. :o


Don't worry man, it's already been fixed. Try the Japanese WE demo.
You don't visit this site very often do you? :P
User avatar
RLXTR
Mascot
Mascot
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:40 am
Location: The Netherlands
PSN: RLXTR

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby wizard12 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:24 am

oh thank god, I have either xbox360/pc , where can I find that WE demo ?
wizard12
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby Boris Lozac » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:24 am

RLXTR wrote:
Don't worry man, it's already been fixed. Try the Japanese WE demo.
You don't visit this site very often do you? :P


Um, why lie to the man? It's not exactly "fixed".. it's a tad more responsive, but it's cool, i got used to it, it's time we start playing like this, it's redicolous to continue to run and move like in previous PES's, so i salute this decision, but they maaaybe overdone it a bit..
Image
Champions League PES 2011 Chant Pack. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3626
User avatar
Boris Lozac
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 1825
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:45 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
PSN: BorisLozac
Twitter: @BorisLozac

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby smc » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:16 am

wizard12 wrote:I've been a loyal fan of Konami's PES series ever since it first came out on November 2001 for the PS2.

I have tried fifa 01,04, 07, and even 09, but was always true to PES.

This year however, I'm EXTREMELY disappointed with PES Response Time, so disappointed that I'm afraid I might go back to playing FIFA.

PES was always fun because it was responsive, you always felt you could control the player in the most accurate way, and every year it seems they tighten up the control.

This year however,after trying PES 10 Demo all I can say is I hope Konami would improve the response time significantly, otherwise many fans like me who were following PES blindly, would start looking other directions.

3.5 weeks to launch, really hoping Konami will make the efforts of fixing this annoying issue. :o


and thats the problem mate
User avatar
smc
Mascot
Mascot
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:21 pm

PC - My PES 2010 response times are now fixed..

Postby Bendit » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:10 am

I have been playing the PC demo non-stop with all the wicked mods already out. It's been great, apart from the response time issues frustrating me here and there.

But today I stumbled across a strange 'fix' on my system for most of the response time issues. How do I know it is 'fixed' and not my imagination? Well now I can control the ball about as well as PES 2009, especially noticeable near the sidelines and when being closed down with the ball. I no longer have to think two seconds ahead as I had to before with PES 2010.

So what happened?

PES 2008 and 2009 were very strange on the PC, in that the game speed seemed tied to the monitor refresh rate. I use an nice old CRT monitor and playing above 60hz made the game way too fast. It drove me a bit nuts using a flickering CRT @ 60HZ, but I got used to it in the end.

When I first played the PES 2010 demo I just assumed the problem would be the same. In any case the game defaults to 60Hz refresh rate, whatever resolution was selected. However just today I decided to use a third party program to force the refresh rate of the monitor to the maximum that the resolution supported.

First I tried 1600x1200 @ 72Hz instead of 60Hz. Wow. Response times were quite a bit better! At first I thought maybe the whole game was running faster, as it would have at the 72Hz refresh rate with PES 2008/2009. To test that theory I changed resolution to 1152x864 @ 100Hz. But voila, the game speed remained the same. Only the response times were still much better than at 60Hz!

Don't ask me why this worked for me. But this has made a big enough difference for me to make PES 2010 a whole different game. I was already enjoying it before, but now the game is awesome!

Obviously what I did may not help everyone with problems, since all our systems are different. But if you try these settings and notice a difference then let us others know here!

System : Windows XP, Nvidia 9600GT card, Drivers 190.62, CRT monitor.

BTW I used the free program called 'RefreshForce' (164KB) to force the refresh rate to the maximum the resolution supported.
http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/

My settings:
Image
Image

If you have Windows XP, an Nvidia card and a CRT monitor I think it's REALLY worth trying. Believe me, if it works for you, you will notice a big difference immediately. I have played dozens of hours of the demo already before this, and a couple since, so I know there has been a big change.

As for this method working with LCD monitors, ATI cards and other Windows versions, I just don't know because I don't have them myself to test. But if others post their setups and results we can get a better idea. But on another forum, at least one other person has already confirmed to me big changes on their own system.
Bendit
Mascot
Mascot
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:43 am

Re: PC - My PES 2010 response times are now fixed..

Postby manu » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:13 am

strange. maybe your responsetimes where much worse than the bad responsetimes you get in the demo anyway. as you got used to the responsetimes at 60Hz they seem better with more Hz but are not on the same level as the WE demo.

Unfortunately I cannot try this cuz I have a TFT screen which can only 60Hz.
Image
User avatar
manu
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:53 pm

Re: PC - My PES 2010 response times are now fixed..

Postby Bendit » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:47 am

The response times before and after this tweak are like night and day for me. Now PES 2010 has response times that are very close to PES 09. Occasionally players in 2010 will transfer the ball to their favoured foot before passing or shooting, but it's still much much faster than before. The gameplay_never_frustrates anymore.

I would encourage someone to try with a LCD monitor. Because I can't say whether this solution is CRT (and refresh rate) specific or RefreshForce specific or Nvidia video card specific. Only by others trying will we get a clearer picture.
Bendit
Mascot
Mascot
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:43 am

Re: PC - My PES 2010 response times are now fixed..

Postby Bosh Factory » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:57 pm

Last week I disabled v-sync in both the nVidia control panel and in PES's settings app and the in-game FPS averaged about 270 (albeit with loads of screen tearing). I don't think the game played any faster, but if it did then it was only a little bit. However, the response times seemed to stay the same.

I've tried to replicate this today but I can't, but I did experiment with other driver settings (such as frames rendered ahead) but I still didn't notice any change in the response times.

This makes me think that there may be two response issues in effect:
1) Konami's 'intended' response delay whereby a player won't kick the ball until it's at his feet and the previous action's animation has been completed. Only Konami can change this.
2) The visual response, imposed by graphics driver or PES settings, whereby there is a delay (perhaps between 1-3 frames) between something happening and it being displayed on the screen. We can change this via driver and PES settings.

Regarding the second point, I used to get some cursor lag in a few games such as Battlefield Vietnam and Far Cry. It seems that the problem was that I'd forced v-sync in both the graphics drivers as well as the in-game settings. When I set my drivers to use the in-game v-sync settings (ie, my drivers were no longer forcing v-sync but the game was) that control lag went away.

I don’t seem to suffer the second point, so maybe people would like to try only forcing v-sync in the PES settings and set their drivers to use the application’s settings (ie, stop forcing v-sync through their drivers) and see if that makes a difference.

Running the game at a higher frame rate should also mitigate the second point as that 1-3 frame lag would last for less time (because each frame is spending less time on screen).

I can’t be 100% sure about all of this but it hopefully introduces some new ideas at least. I’m using Vista 64, nVidia 8800GTX with 186.18 drivers and a 1024x1080 TFT.
The sun is beating down and the wind is shooting through the stadium!
User avatar
Bosh Factory
Mascot
Mascot
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: UK

Re: PC - My PES 2010 response times are now fixed..

Postby manu » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:54 pm

Bosh Factory wrote:This makes me think that there may be two response issues in effect:
1) Konami's 'intended' response delay whereby a player won't kick the ball until it's at his feet and the previous action's animation has been completed. Only Konami can change this.
2) The visual response, imposed by graphics driver or PES settings, whereby there is a delay (perhaps between 1-3 frames) between something happening and it being displayed on the screen. We can change this via driver and PES settings.


Thats what I mean. You don't get rid of the bad responsetimes this way. It may only accur that you are facing even worse responsetimes because of your setting which you can improve. I have the same with my xbox 360. I use a VGA cable to play in my TFT Monitor. In fact I have two of those cables where one is from BigBen, the other very cheap noname. When I use the noname the responsetimes are horrible!
Image
User avatar
manu
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:53 pm

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby manu » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:00 pm

Boris Lozac wrote:
RLXTR wrote:
Don't worry man, it's already been fixed. Try the Japanese WE demo.
You don't visit this site very often do you? :P


Um, why lie to the man? It's not exactly "fixed".. it's a tad more responsive, but it's cool, i got used to it, it's time we start playing like this, it's redicolous to continue to run and move like in previous PES's, so i salute this decision, but they maaaybe overdone it a bit..


Yeah, I think I just reached the point where I don't feel any response issues anymore, except when trying to clear to ball out of the box. That can lead to some very very annoying chances for the opponent.
Image
User avatar
manu
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:53 pm

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby Bergkamp74 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:54 pm

I have recently played the Pes 10 Demo on the PS3 and would like to ask a question which may have been answered already but i don't have time to go through all the posts so I'm sorry in advance :)

When the player is ready to take a shot on goal there is a second lag before he connects with the ball which i found out of all the response issues the most annoying.Has this been fixed in the later builds of the game?
PES2017.....The one!!!
Bergkamp74
Ballboy
Ballboy
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:55 pm
Location: Japan
PSN: Razheem

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby Rowan » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:06 pm

Just thought I'd reinforce what others are saying in that the game feels smoother and more responsive with the normal long camera view compared to Wide,
Rowan
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 2:16 pm
Location: UK

PreviousNext

Return to PES2010 Feedback archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest