PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby Hitesho99 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:02 pm

poolg wrote:I think the response issue is being overplayed,its there but its not major IMO.The big issue for me is the keepers are very very poor,even on top player.Dropping simple balls,balls bouncing off them,and missing simple blocks.

Hope thats sorted.


Agree. That (keepers) and footplanting/ice-skating are the two big problems imo.
Hitesho99
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 633
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:59 am

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby ELviS » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:39 pm

After every single match i have played, the game keeps surprising me with lotsa stuff like: animations, tactics, physics and so on... but the so called response issues which i also thought are present, are just in out imagination cuz we just have to get used to the new gameplay... the game this year is shaping to become a very, very good simulation, which i adore, cuz it gives me the dose of football i need to satisfy my needs. ;) Peace out!
Oo poustarades
o mpampas sas
einai arianos
poutana i omada kai roufianos o laos
mia zoi tha trexete den ginete allios!!!!!!
ARHS RE MOUNIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
ELviS
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:17 am
Location: IN THE CITY OF GOD!!! KLEANTHIS VIKELIDIS!!!

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby zedig » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:04 pm

So there is no response issue? It seems like a whole lot of us have had a mass hallucination then?

Personally, I don't agree that it's a non-issue. If you play on 1080 then go to 720 there is a major difference which, whether it just seems like unresponsiveness at 1080 or not, still is prevalent and not a figment of the imagination IMO. Just because the rest of the game is good doesn't mean that we have to overlook the negatives, if we see them as such. Personally, I definitely do. I want a game which is more responsive than the PS2 versions, not less.
Down with OPP since '98
User avatar
zedig
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby flcinusa » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:16 pm

I'm wondering if some are attributing the lack of responces to the time it takes some players to control the ball before passing, I'm finding players like Xavi and Gerrard pass no problem, Alonso has a great through ball if you change his balance card to attacking so the pin point pass card comes into play... Lucas has awful passing, so it takes him longer to release
flcinusa
Ballboy
Ballboy
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 4:12 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC
PSN: flcinusa

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby ELviS » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:32 pm

zedig wrote:So there is no response issue? It seems like a whole lot of us have had a mass hallucination then?

Personally, I don't agree that it's a non-issue. If you play on 1080 then go to 720 there is a major difference which, whether it just seems like unresponsiveness at 1080 or not, still is prevalent and not a figment of the imagination IMO. Just because the rest of the game is good doesn't mean that we have to overlook the negatives, if we see them as such. Personally, I definitely do. I want a game which is more responsive than the PS2 versions, not less.

The response issues are caused from the performance, In the PC version when you play 1v1 the performance drops and the game become unresponsive, but when i play against AI, the game is fine. I believe the same thing goes for consoles. That's why you experience so massive difference between 720p and 1080p. The game will be optimzed at its best so don't worry about those issues guys.
Oo poustarades
o mpampas sas
einai arianos
poutana i omada kai roufianos o laos
mia zoi tha trexete den ginete allios!!!!!!
ARHS RE MOUNIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
ELviS
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:17 am
Location: IN THE CITY OF GOD!!! KLEANTHIS VIKELIDIS!!!

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby Jonas » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:55 pm

ELviS wrote:
zedig wrote:So there is no response issue? It seems like a whole lot of us have had a mass hallucination then?

Personally, I don't agree that it's a non-issue. If you play on 1080 then go to 720 there is a major difference which, whether it just seems like unresponsiveness at 1080 or not, still is prevalent and not a figment of the imagination IMO. Just because the rest of the game is good doesn't mean that we have to overlook the negatives, if we see them as such. Personally, I definitely do. I want a game which is more responsive than the PS2 versions, not less.

The response issues are caused from the performance, In the PC version when you play 1v1 the performance drops and the game become unresponsive, but when i play against AI, the game is fine. I believe the same thing goes for consoles. That's why you experience so massive difference between 720p and 1080p. The game will be optimzed at its best so don't worry about those issues guys.



Has nothing to do with performance. I run pes as smooth as it can on my PC.
Its gameplay related, bad close bal control with most players while dribbling and turning. Its minor but it prevents you from doing intuitive dribbels with skilled players...
User avatar
Jonas
Ballboy
Ballboy
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:34 pm

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby ELviS » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:27 am

Jonas wrote:Has nothing to do with performance. I run pes as smooth as it can on my PC.
Its gameplay related, bad close bal control with most players while dribbling and turning. Its minor but it prevents you from doing intuitive dribbels with skilled players...

Then those response issues are barely noticeable, because i can't really feel em. The game plays as good as it can for now, i am doing my dribbles as i wanted them to be and as good as the rival team permits me.
The point of my other post is that the 75% review code was so unoptimized that the game could run on just low settings with high unresponsiveness and now when the game(demo) is quite optimized, it runs on medium with really small amount of response problems. That's why i believe that response issues are caused by performance drops in different codes of the game. Peace out!

P.S. tested not from me personally, but from people who have the review code
Oo poustarades
o mpampas sas
einai arianos
poutana i omada kai roufianos o laos
mia zoi tha trexete den ginete allios!!!!!!
ARHS RE MOUNIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
ELviS
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:17 am
Location: IN THE CITY OF GOD!!! KLEANTHIS VIKELIDIS!!!

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby trunker » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:50 pm

flcinusa wrote:I'm wondering if some are attributing the lack of responces to the time it takes some players to control the ball before passing, I'm finding players like Xavi and Gerrard pass no problem, Alonso has a great through ball if you change his balance card to attacking so the pin point pass card comes into play... Lucas has awful passing, so it takes him longer to release


if Lucas has any issue with passing it's passing accuracy, every footballer from premiership to blue square has about the same ability to swing a boot at a ball and 'release' it

it should absolutely NOT take any player "longer to release" the ball, there is an issue compared to 2008/2009 which I believe is intentional and in many situations is not present IF you think fast and act early

case in point? against burnley lampard was dispossed for 'dawdling' or 'dallying' on the ball as they say ...too much thinking time and not passing or ...in pes terms he didn't press pass early enough :D

a lot of peope ...like me played 08 and 09 a lot and have become accustomed to playing pes a certain way which is instant feedback, lightning fast turn speed etc ...2010 challenges that and a lot of one trick ponies will struggle, now it seems tactics, thinking speed and knowing your individual players strengths/cards and abilities will decide

the tag line for pes this year should be "think fast!"
pssst! Seabass, nows a good time for a shooting/feints tutorial vid ...and yes an under the wall FK tutorial in 6 months time would suck ...hard!
trunker
Ballboy
Ballboy
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:28 pm

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby Dopecoil » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:42 pm

its not a issue because there are no issues in the winning eleven demo,we just have a demo in europe that is around 25% less responsive then the near finished version,download the WE demo and see and experience the difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dopecoil
Ballboy
Ballboy
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:18 pm

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby philley » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:31 pm

I dont know if it fits in here, but I think the only thing that has to be better is the collision-system (e.g. when players get fould or tackled)!!!
I was playing FIFA because I have not known PES. Now I play PES because I know FIFA!
User avatar
philley
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:48 pm
Location: Germany
PSN: philley

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby lons » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:06 pm

Collisions system in Pes 2010 is terrible.KONAMI should change this.....Another important thing is keepers animations.KONAMI have to steal some good GK animations from FIFA.
Image
http://pes.com.pl ADMIN

New AMIGA One X1000. We come back Gates!
User avatar
lons
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 680
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:05 pm
Location: WARSAW and Danzig Poland
PSN: Lons_PL

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby ELviS » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:23 pm

lons wrote:Collisions system in Pes 2010 is terrible.KONAMI should change this.....Another important thing is keepers animations.KONAMI have to steal some good GK animations from FIFA.

It's hard to say stealing, because Fifa didn't "create" those animations they just recreate them from the real goalkeepers. It is true that keepers in PES are poor in terms of animations, but in PES 6 keepers were quite good. Then they were stretching properly, catching the ball with confidence, parrying it in the proper way and many other features which had disappeared in the NEXT GEN PES. I am still optimist about keepers, cuz many people who had the chance to play a newer review code said that the keepers are better then the demo.
I believe that KONAMI will make the keepers as good as they should be, if not this year then next one, because goalkeepers are one big part of the game - Football and they need the proper look. Imagine Gerrard pulls of one helluva shot into the top right corner of Chech's goal and the keeper with his tremendous efforts saves the ball with the top of his fingers with the proper stretch and hand. The satisfaction for both players no matter what will be massive, it will bring another big dose of realism back to PES. :)
Oo poustarades
o mpampas sas
einai arianos
poutana i omada kai roufianos o laos
mia zoi tha trexete den ginete allios!!!!!!
ARHS RE MOUNIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
ELviS
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:17 am
Location: IN THE CITY OF GOD!!! KLEANTHIS VIKELIDIS!!!

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby Bosh Factory » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:14 pm

Something I've noticed is that my AI opponent will sometimes respond to my button presses before my own players do. I'll give an example.

I was in my opponent's penalty area and had muscled my way into a shooting position. I pressed the shoot button and the goalie started to dive. My striker now started his backlift and took a shot (which the goalie saved, incidentally). Ie, the goalie responded to my instruction to shoot before my striker did. I've noticed this in midfield also where opponents have started to intercept my pass with a sliding tackle before my player has swung at the ball.

It's like the trigger for the AI goalie to respond to my attack wasn't my striker kicking the ball, but rather me pressing the shoot button. Maybe the game uses this mechanism to simulate anticipation in its AI players. Regardless, it's bad enough that my players want to take additional touches before they do what I told them to do (take a shot from a few yards out); it's almost taking the p**s when it takes so long that the other team has reacted first.

So, as many others have said, I'd like my players to take less controlling touches, at least in certain time-sensitive situations such as taking a close-range shot or making a clearance.
The sun is beating down and the wind is shooting through the stadium!
User avatar
Bosh Factory
Mascot
Mascot
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: UK

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby Lyrically Black » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:27 pm

I ve noticed that too Bosh, it takes you to watch replays to really see it but its happening, Id like to quiz konami on it and see if it is intentional, as you say maybe once a button is pressed it triggers the AI.

Good spot Buddy!
Keeping It Real Since 1980™

Adam: "Well done Seabass, you've won the battle - now lets win the war".
User avatar
Lyrically Black
Ballboy
Ballboy
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Belfast, Ireland
Gamertag: Lyrically Black

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby fernando_we » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:38 pm

I will post here cause the other thread isnt there anymore i guess?? Well about response times maybe you guys can check the japanese demos or wait for the videos i have for adam, most importantly the online play video, for Han too ;) :) No lag at all, nada de lag para los que saben español

I hope to get those uploaded and ready for adam by monday night.

:)
fernando_we
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby riquelme10 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:59 pm

fernando_we wrote:I will post here cause the other thread isnt there anymore i guess?? Well about response times maybe you guys can check the japanese demos or wait for the videos i have for adam, most importantly the online play video, for Han too ;) :) No lag at all, nada de lag para los que saben español

I hope to get those uploaded and ready for adam by monday night.

:)


cheers mate, great to hear about lag free online, i m confident it will be that way when the game's released
looking forward for monday night then :D
For PES2015 & PES6 compilations ... visit my Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/Riquelme1986
User avatar
riquelme10
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 1422
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:00 pm
Location: Casablanca, Morocco
PSN: riquelme___10
Twitter: @riq_10

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby Ultimate-Gooner » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:30 am

I'm quoting myself from another forum, it's something I noticed about the responsiveness so I want opinions from you guys too. My apologies if somebody has mentioned it before because I haven't read the whole thread.

Ok, here it is:

There is an urgency system. If the player passing the ball has no pressure on him, he takes his time to pass the ball. However, if the player is being pressurized, he does everything he can to get rid of the ball quickly.

I was playing a match a while ago. I passed the ball to my player. his control wasn't so good so the ball went ahead a little while a defender was closing in for a tackle. So I pressed X to pass the ball quickly, but with the responsiveness issue in mind I was sure the defender would steal the ball from me. But to my surprise, my player stretched his body forward and managed to pass the ball to a team mate.

In other moments players would make a sort of a sliding pass if the ball is a bit far away, and that happens only if an opposition is also struggling to get to the ball.


The real issue is, that this urgency system doesn't always triggers, leading to players losing the ball where they shouldn't. But when it works as intended, there are no issues whatsoever with the response.


What's your take on this folks?
Ultimate-Gooner
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:47 pm

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby Bosh Factory » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:05 pm

Ultimate-Gooner wrote:There is an urgency system. If the player passing the ball has no pressure on him, he takes his time to pass the ball. However, if the player is being pressurized, he does everything he can to get rid of the ball quickly.


I agree that something like your 'urgency system' should be used. I suggested (in another thread) a simple (though crude) system where a player is able to pass/shoot/clear the ball to some extent with their first touch if they are near a goal or the edge of the pitch, but I would prefer to see your system properly implemented as its mechanics would be more sophisticated and less transparent (which would help to make the game engine more believable).

Outside of the situations which are deemed pressured/urgent I would be content for the players to take a controlling touch - indeed it helps to slow the game to a realistic pace. However, I still maintain that I should have the choice to make my player do a first-touch pass/shot/clearance (with reduced effectiveness) if I choose to as a means of overriding an incorrect decision by the 'urgency system'. This is because not all urgent situations relate to the threat of being dispossessed; some urgent situations relate to exploiting opportunities…

For example, my full-back may be about to receive the ball and be under no pressure (and so is going to take a controlling touch), but if one of my forwards is starting to make a run between my opponent's defenders then I want my full back to use his first touch to boot a long ball (even if it’s inaccurate) over the top of the defence before my striker runs offside. This is urgent as the time I have to exploit this opportunity is brief.

I'm sure that an urgency system could be built to detect when a player's possession is threatened but could it also detect that an opportunity is about to be lost if I’m not given control over the first touch? I doubt it.
The sun is beating down and the wind is shooting through the stadium!
User avatar
Bosh Factory
Mascot
Mascot
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: UK

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby ShadyKnight » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:02 pm

Could someone confirm or deny the following: I find the gameplay in the demo much smoother when the camera is set to Normal (the tighter, close-up view) as opposed to the Wide-Cam. Will this difference be the same in the final retail version or is this just because the demo wasn't tweaked/polished?
User avatar
ShadyKnight
Board Member
Board Member
 
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:43 pm
Location: Equality Street, so...

Re: PES 2010 Response Issues Feedback

Postby Valerenga » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:12 pm

ShadyKnight wrote:Could someone confirm or deny the following: I find the gameplay in the demo much smoother when the camera is set to Normal (the tighter, close-up view) as opposed to the Wide-Cam. Will this difference be the same in the final retail version or is this just because the demo wasn't tweaked/polished?


I really agree with you on that point!
Valerenga
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:20 pm
Location: Oslo
PSN: erikand

PreviousNext

Return to PES2010 Feedback archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest