Great review Gari 8-)
Really good read.
G7SEV
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

PSN: G7SEV

Re: PES 2010 General Gamescom Feedback

Postby liv21 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:12 am

I have heard many things about the response times being bad and I hope that Konami will fix this before release. Slow response times do not equate simulation. PES has always been know for awesome response times and it would be very disappointing if it still like this upon release.
liv21
Mascot
Mascot

PSN: liv21

Postby bigol » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:53 am

liv21 wrote:I have heard many things about the response times being bad and I hope that Konami will fix this before release. Slow response times do not equate simulation. PES has always been know for awesome response times and it would be very disappointing if it still like this upon release.

Same for me. If it's really so bad, then Konami must fix it
Newest Pes news website and forum for Italian people
http://www.peslab.it

Originally wrote by pando
Anyway, "haters" or the ones who love to point out the flaws and say "it's not good this way, would'nt it be better to do it like this?" are the ones who keep the community alive and show still faith in PES, still talking about how to improve it. Not just to bash it. Blind love or faith for the game will not bring it back to its old glory. Positive critics and suggestions, as much as we can, is what can help Konami and the series right now.
bigol
International
International

Postby xsimaker » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:59 am

What about the Movement Please Fix it and make it like the old days

there is something wrong when the player runnig its very bad I hope you fix it because a lot of people hate that :mrgreen:

The game is good but you need to fix many things :

The movement

the goalKeeper still stopped sometimes

I hope you read all the feedback and change it to better ;)
xsimaker

Postby survey08king » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:23 am

hey guys, yesterday i was at gamescom and i wanna write a little review of what i have seen for the people who were not there or aren't able to go there.

First of all: I played the PS 3 Version twice and the PC/XBOX 360 Version once.

the graphics: I don't need to talk about that: very good (everyone knows)

animations: especially the PS 3 Version has great animations and a really smooth presentation. Big potential ! On the other side there is the PC/XBOX 360 version which is not so smooth with their old 8 way technology. It looks sometimes like some breaks between animations. dribbling and shooting animations are really great, but the running animations aren't that good and remind me of PES 2009.

gameplay: slower which is in the eye of the specator good or bad (for me it is okay). on the ps 3 version i got the feeling that i haven't the control of the players and the game like in the older PES titles. For me the buttons i pushed were represented in the game with a delay. hope that change in the final version.

Don't like:
-goalnet is unrealistic
-goalkeepers are good but there are some animations and AI moves that I don't like. Think there are situations where the goalkeeper look really bad and unrealistic
- players often make these strange movement when they stay in an angle where they could use the side foot. they prefer the the inside of the foot and make a strange move/animation like in PES 2009
- Often underrun sure balls. but could be that i don't have enough routine for that.
- goalkeeper gloves looks better but not nice
-the fans on the tribune do not cheer for the teams in visual way. maybe they sing etc. but there is no movement, no jumping, etc. When you make a goal-kick they just stay. no movement of flags, no banners, no shaking of hands or whatever. just stupid standing 3D-figures.
-Why is the PC Version not based on the PS 3 Version, so that we PC players do not have the 360 movement -.- ?!
-some strange ball physics in there

Comparison with FIFA: Can't play FIFA because of the big waiting time. Furthermore I don't know if it make sense to compare both games in there own code

First Impression: Very big and much improvements, especially on the PS 3 Version. There is potential to be back on top but also to be just a footballgame which is not so good as PES 6.

Hope for the best

ADAM OR WENB: Do you guys know anything about the improvements which will be down between Gamescom Code and Final Code ?

Thanks for reading and don't swear when there are wrong impressions that i give here for you. I just played 3 games and watched a few in the waiting time ^^ Sry for mistakes etc., i'm from germany and my last english lesson is 5 month ago
survey08king
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby Gari14 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:13 pm

Han wrote:Good post Gari.
Funny you just made the same points as I did some posts ago about responsness and the keepers.
When you read WENB's blog you find out that the build of Gamescom was 1 month old ( quote from Seabass), so the note about 80 percent is most probably not correct. A month ago Konami was at 70-75 % at best.

Yeah i think maybe that the 80% where it was stated below the screens, was wrong as to me, it didnt look/feel like it was 80% finished. I hope it wasnt anyway. I would say that it was probably about 70% finished like you say.

Either way there is some really good parts of the game but there are still parts that need to be touched up to make it feel better. Of course im not really going to judge what i played to full extent as clearly its not a finished game and it will more than likely turn out to play alot different to the code that was in Cologne.
Help support Kitana | WENB | FSB | NGB by buying from:
Help us by buying your games at hmv.com| iTunes | JD Sports | Creative Labs | Nike | hmv
Gari14
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Gamertag: Gari14
PSN: Gari14
Twitter: @gariclark

Postby 4039 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:04 pm

We wanna see untucked shirt in wide cam while Its seen only in close angle , it is too worrisome .
What is your opinion guys ?
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby Hitesho99 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:12 am

In Cup mode, I want the ability to play a mate. I don't want to be forced to play the computer. This has been missing in '08 and '09. They took it out.
Hitesho99
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby didgeHague » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:42 am

The only thing that really bothers me about the videos I've seen is the speed of the game. Passes too fast, running too fast. Another thing is that although the defence "keeps its shape" more, the defenders aren't intelligent enough...its still too easy to run down the wing and pass it into the box for any "easy" goal . If a full back is chasing the winger, the centre backs keep their shape, but don't close the space left by the full back playing anyone in the centre onside!!!
As for shorts being too long and shirts being tucked in...really? :lol: Is that all you're bothered about?
If its too easy to exploit defences/ keeper near post goals again I really worry for PES 2010....
didgeHague
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PSN: mugore

Postby BORU1OO » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:38 pm

NAMCO'S FOOTBALL KINGDOM ANIMATIONS IN PES 2010 WOULD LOOK AMAZING!!!!
BORU1OO
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby seppovich » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:07 pm

yesterday i played it aswell.
but i find the response from the ps3 and pc version much more BETTER than the x360 -hmmm strange.
in the morning i tested the x360 version once and was very, very frustrated because of the bad response.

later the day i played 1 match on pc (with the logitech pad) and two games on the ps3 and it was muchmuch more better. a friend of mine played coop with me and thinks the same ...
very, very strange.
seppovich
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby kroezel » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:56 pm

damn im dissapointed. Response time when passing was so fucked up... 0.5sec later when pressing the buttons :?

Even on PS3

i hope that it will be fixed :(
kroezel

Postby BORU1OO » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:06 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM2qzY8eZEo RUNNING ANIMATIONS ARE ALOT BETTER IN THIS GAME
BORU1OO
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby jms12 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:39 pm

kroezel wrote:damn im dissapointed. Response time when passing was so fucked up... 0.5sec later when pressing the buttons :?

Even on PS3

i hope that it will be fixed :(

Thats worrying, one of the things that i always prefered about PES was the reaction time, it will be dissapointing to say the least if it is now slow :(

I am dissapointed with the videos i have seen so far however i think it is too early (and therefore unfair) to draw a complete conclusion as it is not completely finished.

If the running animations are sorted (please please please Konami!) and reaction time sorted i still think it will be great. But in my opnion i think it is unlikely that they will be but please Konami try to! :cry:
"If Everton were playing at the end of my garden,I'd draw the curtains" :P
jms12
Ballboy
Ballboy

PSN: jms12

Postby Dave » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:04 pm

My question is if that is a 70-75% Build what more can be done to improve it? surely now they will be frantically making sure things are up to date and testing to make sure things work like the new master league bits etc?

I honestly think most of the Core Gameplay work (perhaps barring the odd animation here and there that they could be working/re-working) is pretty much done or else why on earth would they let you play it if this was still some way off the mark?

I like some of you other guys have been caught up in this "so-called" different build trap before... PES 2008 springs to mind? I also remember the same things being said about PS3 version being better/slower and 360 version being less responsive and faster because Konami love Sony.... I still want a trust worthy source to come out and say "Right guys, its an improvement over 2009 gameplay wise but NOT to the extent that it could be. Its an ok game to play but dont expect leaps and bounds" I havent heard that yet.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DaveDoc1984 Check out my gaming related YouTube channel. Retro and modern day gaming and light hearted reviews!
Dave
First Team
First Team

Gamertag: Plan DJD
PSN: TheDJDaveDoc

Postby TheBroad » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:28 pm

A Brilliant Review Gari; Hope You Had A Good Time & I Can't Wait To Play It For Myself :D
TheBroad
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Postby Molly » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:44 pm

BORU1OO wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM2qzY8eZEo RUNNING ANIMATIONS ARE ALOT BETTER IN THIS GAME

The goalnets also react better to the impact of the ball. Not so elastic as seen on the PES 2010 Gamescom vids.
But I am sure that Konami is aware of the hot topics to be solved for release:

- response times
- keepers AI
- running animations
- nets
Molly
Mascot
Mascot

Postby jms12 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:11 pm

Dave wrote:My question is if that is a 70-75% Build what more can be done to improve it? surely now they will be frantically making sure things are up to date and testing to make sure things work like the new master league bits etc?

I honestly think most of the Core Gameplay work (perhaps barring the odd animation here and there that they could be working/re-working) is pretty much done or else why on earth would they let you play it if this was still some way off the mark?

I like some of you other guys have been caught up in this "so-called" different build trap before... PES 2008 springs to mind? I also remember the same things being said about PS3 version being better/slower and 360 version being less responsive and faster because Konami love Sony.... I still want a trust worthy source to come out and say "Right guys, its an improvement over 2009 gameplay wise but NOT to the extent that it could be. Its an ok game to play but dont expect leaps and bounds" I havent heard that yet.

Completely agree. I still reckon it will be alright hopefully it plays better than it looks on video. At least the videos have lowered my expectations so it won't really be seen as a let down.

To be honest i think that it's just pes is a year behind, they lost a year with 08.

Oh well im off to play pes5 on the ps3!!!
"If Everton were playing at the end of my garden,I'd draw the curtains" :P
jms12
Ballboy
Ballboy

PSN: jms12

Postby pesdg97 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:13 am

BORU1OO wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM2qzY8eZEo RUNNING ANIMATIONS ARE ALOT BETTER IN THIS GAME

that game looks good almost all the thing pes needs are in that game
ONE WORD...PES
ImageImageImage
pesdg97
Mascot
Mascot

Postby Nunalho » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:18 pm

Football Kingdom has amazing nets...wish PES was like those. :lol:
Nunalho
Youth Team
Youth Team