New CARD's & Team Tactics Feedback

New CARD's & Team Tactics Feedback

Postby Exclusive » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:03 pm

Dear Konami,

Before giving my view i would like to say the new CARD & Team Tactics system is looking very promising!! I'm very exited!!!

To me there's is only one major worry after seeing the trailer where some of the new tactics are being shown: Konami please find a way to adjust the sliders during gameplay!! It would be frustrating to have to pause the game in order to change your teams sliders. IMO only the sliders should be adjustable while playing (because i don't expect people adjusting the individual cards all the time - and further more i wouldn't have the slitest idea on how to implement it in such a way that you would be able to adjust this during gameplay).

I have some suggestions for being able to change the slider settings while playing:

There's nothing wrong with the way you adjust tactics in PES 2009 --> pressing L2 and any face button to let a certain tactic work. I've got notice that last years tactics (centre attack, forward press, counter attack, offside trap etc.) are going to be replaced by the Team Sliders.
Why not make it possible to remain with this way of tactics changing ingame for PES 2010, but instead of letting it 'turn on/off' one tactic setting, you'll be able to adjust the whole team style with one button!!

To make this work, the menu must contain something like being able to pre-set Team Styles. Before a match you go to the menu and their is a sub-menu / option like "Set Team Styles" with for example 3 slots (named Team Style 1, 2 and 3). Per slot you should be able to set all the 8 different Team Style options. In the second slot you can do the same, but obviosly you will set the set the sliders different (more attack-based or more defensive based). Same goes for slot 3. For example:

Before the match go to the new sub-menu / option "Set Team Styles"
Team Style 1:
Player Support: 40
Support Range: 30
Position Switch: 20
Attacking Style: 35
Pressing: 50
Defensive Line: 70
Compactness: 75
Defensive Strategy: 0

after setting the default way of Team Style (obviously Team Style 1), you can pre-set another slot:

Team Style 2:
Player Support: 80
Support Range: 60
Position Switch: 30
Attacking Style: 85
Pressing: 90
Defensive Line: 30
Compactness: 45
Defensive Strategy: 1

Same goes for slot 3 / Team Style 3: another way to pre-set the team's style.

Now that the settings are pre-set, you can play. (even if people don't pre-set these tactics, every team should have about 3 different Team Style settings set by default. But the nr.1 setting is always the way a Team plays in real-life).

During a match you always start with the standard Team Style 1. After a while you want to change this?? Just Press L2 and the triangle button and your team will switch to Team Style 2 (with a comformation on-screen - next to the players names like last year - Team Style 2 pop's up). But want to change it to the more defensive / other style?? Press L2 and the triangle button again and you'll see Team Style 3 going active. Another press with L2 and Triangle makes your team go back to Team Style 1. This way you can change different styles easily whitout leaving the game!!!

This will bring another major advantage: there will be 3 face buttons still available!! Maybe you can use them, for example:
Pressing L2 and the square button makes the team execute the offside trap (cause how will it else return in PES2010)
Pressing L2 and the X button makes a defender go up front in attack
Pressing L2 and the circle button... maybe makes the team change into a new formation (Team strategy A)

So my main suggestion is being able to pre-set 3 (or more) different Team Styles, so you can change between them during a match litterely with a the switch of a botton (or accually 2: L2+Triangle LOL)!!

If this suggestion is too late to implement in PES 2010, you should at least be able to change the sliders by pressing start and seeing a option "Team Style" right away!! Like the Select Kicker option, an option to change the 8 different sliders in a Team Style option. This saves time because you don't have to go all the way into the menu... cause that would take time and frustration!

Thanks Konami for reading my suggestion. I hope you will find a way to implement tactics changement during gameplay (else it would frustrate many people i think). But everything you have all done this year are most promesing!!! I'm superexited with PES 2010; keep up the good work!!!

Peace
Exclusive
"That's Pokémon man!" No Suff; it's PES finally going next-gen!!
Exclusive
Mascot
Mascot

PSN: rajeev1985

Re: New CARD's & Team Tactics Feedback

Postby ELviS » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:20 pm

Good job bud!!! :D i hope KONAMI will implement the new systems in a way in which the game wont be pause/start...
Oo poustarades
o mpampas sas
einai arianos
poutana i omada kai roufianos o laos
mia zoi tha trexete den ginete allios!!!!!!
ARHS RE MOUNIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ELviS
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby England » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:01 pm

Exclusive wrote:Dear Konami,

Before giving my view i would like to say the new CARD & Team Tactics system is looking very promising!! I'm very exited!!!

To me there's is only one major worry after seeing the trailer where some of the new tactics are being shown: Konami please find a way to adjust the sliders during gameplay!! It would be frustrating to have to pause the game in order to change your teams sliders. IMO only the sliders should be adjustable while playing (because i don't expect people adjusting the individual cards all the time - and further more i wouldn't have the slitest idea on how to implement it in such a way that you would be able to adjust this during gameplay).

I have some suggestions for being able to change the slider settings while playing:

There's nothing wrong with the way you adjust tactics in PES 2009 --> pressing L2 and any face button to let a certain tactic work. I've got notice that last years tactics (centre attack, forward press, counter attack, offside trap etc.) are going to be replaced by the Team Sliders.
Why not make it possible to remain with this way of tactics changing ingame for PES 2010, but instead of letting it 'turn on/off' one tactic setting, you'll be able to adjust the whole team style with one button!!

To make this work, the menu must contain something like being able to pre-set Team Styles. Before a match you go to the menu and their is a sub-menu / option like "Set Team Styles" with for example 3 slots (named Team Style 1, 2 and 3). Per slot you should be able to set all the 8 different Team Style options. In the second slot you can do the same, but obviosly you will set the set the sliders different (more attack-based or more defensive based). Same goes for slot 3. For example:

Before the match go to the new sub-menu / option "Set Team Styles"
Team Style 1:
Player Support: 40
Support Range: 30
Position Switch: 20
Attacking Style: 35
Pressing: 50
Defensive Line: 70
Compactness: 75
Defensive Strategy: 0

after setting the default way of Team Style (obviously Team Style 1), you can pre-set another slot:

Team Style 2:
Player Support: 80
Support Range: 60
Position Switch: 30
Attacking Style: 85
Pressing: 90
Defensive Line: 30
Compactness: 45
Defensive Strategy: 1

Same goes for slot 3 / Team Style 3: another way to pre-set the team's style.

Now that the settings are pre-set, you can play. (even if people don't pre-set these tactics, every team should have about 3 different Team Style settings set by default. But the nr.1 setting is always the way a Team plays in real-life).

During a match you always start with the standard Team Style 1. After a while you want to change this?? Just Press L2 and the triangle button and your team will switch to Team Style 2 (with a comformation on-screen - next to the players names like last year - Team Style 2 pop's up). But want to change it to the more defensive / other style?? Press L2 and the triangle button again and you'll see Team Style 3 going active. Another press with L2 and Triangle makes your team go back to Team Style 1. This way you can change different styles easily whitout leaving the game!!!

This will bring another major advantage: there will be 3 face buttons still available!! Maybe you can use them, for example:
Pressing L2 and the square button makes the team execute the offside trap (cause how will it else return in PES2010)
Pressing L2 and the X button makes a defender go up front in attack
Pressing L2 and the circle button... maybe makes the team change into a new formation (Team strategy A)

So my main suggestion is being able to pre-set 3 (or more) different Team Styles, so you can change between them during a match litterely with a the switch of a botton (or accually 2: L2+Triangle LOL)!!

If this suggestion is too late to implement in PES 2010, you should at least be able to change the sliders by pressing start and seeing a option "Team Style" right away!! Like the Select Kicker option, an option to change the 8 different sliders in a Team Style option. This saves time because you don't have to go all the way into the menu... cause that would take time and frustration!

Thanks Konami for reading my suggestion. I hope you will find a way to implement tactics changement during gameplay (else it would frustrate many people i think). But everything you have all done this year are most promesing!!! I'm superexited with PES 2010; keep up the good work!!!

Peace
Exclusive

Nice idea for a thread and good post mate. Well done.
England

Tactics Issue PS3

Postby PabloDiscoBar » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:58 pm

Bloody hell - This is a head mangle. So Im setting up my formation - I`m in "Lineup" What do the numbers mean on the pitch? every time I go over another player the rest of the players numbers change?! And what is the star after player names?

What I`m seeing is that when you go to play any game if you want your players to do be either defence/balanced or attack minded you need to change your line up to what players you want - depending on the form arrows I guess - and then the LAST thing you do is go to set formation/Player index and change their attack level card to how you want them to play. FOR EVERY MATCH. I would rather this be set for my formation then for each player as to save time

I cant see any other way around it?

Plus - when you load your formation it does not remeber what order your players were in. For Instance Evra is always in the DMF position whereas I saved him as a LWB. Boooooooooo
PabloDiscoBar
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Tactics Issue PS3

Postby PabloDiscoBar » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:00 am

If I play manual do the playing style cards not matter?
PabloDiscoBar
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby Zephiroth » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:48 am

Yeah, i got the same problem. After loading my saved settings only the used formation was correct all the other things like the squad substitutions and player cards were messed up. I hope this will be fixed by a patch. It's really annoying to set this again and again by yourself. Regarding the playing style cards i would say they even matter when playin manual. But maybe I'm wrong with this.
Zephiroth

Postby PabloDiscoBar » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:01 am

Cheers for the reply, yeah its all a bit annoying isn`t it. Im guessing that you would have to do the same if you make a sub as well as no doubt his playing style card would be wrong. This has to be fixed in a patch. It makes it difficult online too as you dont have that much time to set it all up, plus the other guy is waiting
PabloDiscoBar
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby PabloDiscoBar » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:10 am

Bizarly it remebers your Team Style Tactic but not the Strategy Tactic!!!

Deffo a bug here methinks
PabloDiscoBar
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby Zephiroth » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:54 am

I guess so. I also thought of the online problem as well where you don't have that much time.
Zephiroth

Postby PabloDiscoBar » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:25 pm

Anyone else getting these issues?
PabloDiscoBar
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby PabloDiscoBar » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:01 pm

Looking at other fourms this is annoying a lot of us. Have Konomi made a statement about this or the online issue yet? Other than these factors Im very happy with the game but this needs to get fixed ASAP
PabloDiscoBar
Ballboy
Ballboy

Return to PES2010 Feedback archive