Get ready to go all tactical, as Ubisoft has today revealed that the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier multiplayer beta will run from April 19th until May 2nd on both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
The multiplayer beta will support up to twelve players, giving you the opportunity to choose from three classes (Rifleman, Engineer and Scout) and experience the action in two different modes, which are:
- Battle to complete objectives located throughout the map and earn points, the team with the most points at the end of the round wins.
- Game session: 1 round of 15 minutes.
Saboteur (available starting April 26th)
- A bomb spawns in a central location, both teams compete to retrieve the bomb and be the first to detonate it at the opposing team’s base.
- Game session: 1 round of 10 minutes.
Both modes will be playable on two different maps, Pipeline and Mill.
If all that sounds just like your cup of tea, then here are the different ways you can access the beta:
- Splinter Cell Conviction Xbox 360 owners can access the beta directly through the game.
- Pre-order Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on Xbox 360 and receive a Xbox 360 beta key.
- Also, look out for additional key giveaways online.
In addition to revealing multiplayer beta details, Ubisoft has also announced the Ghost Recon Network, a free companion service that will support Future Soldier and all Ghost Recon titles released after it.
The Ghost Recon Network will be accessible from smartphones, tablets, and web browsers, allowing you to interact with Ghost Recon: Future Soldier and all other upcoming Ghost Recon games anywhere at any time.
A website (www.ghostrecon.com/network) as well as v1.0 iOS and Android apps will launch with Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on May 25th. If you get a spot in the multiplayer beta, you will have the opportunity to try specific features of the Ghost Recon Network website and get your hands on the Android mobile app, both of which are currently in beta stage.
Key features of the Ghost Recon Network include:
Customize and share in-game weapons on the go
- Use GunSmith mobile to customize weapons down to their inner parts in 3D and sync them to consoles.
- Publish weapons to the GunSmith Gallery and browse guns posted by the Ghost Recon Network community.
Track player history and friends’ in-game status
- Access personal player performance on Ghost Recon: Future Soldier & upcoming Ghost Recon games and compare stats on leaderboards.
- Receive challenges, friend activity reports and community updates via the website or push notifications on smartphones and tablets.
Receive exclusive rewards
- Download the free Ghost Recon Network app at launch to unlock additional attachment credits in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.
- Earn weapons and weapon skins in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier by playing other Ghost Recon games or interacting with other Ghost Recon experiences.
Become a better player
- Study detailed game information and heat maps to prepare for the next battle.
- Build and manage your squad, add recruits and search for competing squads.
Woo! We can’t wait to get our hands on the Future Solider beta. What about you guys? Looking forward to the Future Soldier multiplayer beta and Ghost Recon Network? Let us know via the comments section below.
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is released on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Nintendo DS in North America on May 22nd and in Europe on May 25th. It will be available on PC on June 15th.