Sony have released the 1.66 firmware update for the PlayStation Vita.
The 1.66 update replaces the quickly replaced 1.65 that was pulled from the servers yesterday after some technical faults in the update. There are no new major upgrades to the update with it looking like a fixed version of yesterday’s 1.65 update.
Other minor changes in the update courtesy of Sony can be seen below. Let us know your thoughts on the update via the comment section below.
- The [System Music] setting in Settings > [Sound & Display] now affects BGM in PS Store, near and Sign-Up screens as well as the Home menu.
- When searching for location data, users now have the option to ‘Retry’ and ‘Cancel’ when a failure occurs.
- A progress bar is introduced for application installation.
- A direct link to PlayStation Store is made available for new applications that users may discover on near.
- Users can now update data at any time within near, provided they are within the same location.
- The display time of notification alerts has been reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Functional improvements have been made in the following games and applications: Unit 13, Gravity Daze, near.