Konami have today dropped news that PES2018 will be on its way in…… September. The 14th, specifically. While it’s probably no surprise that a new year heralds a new instalment of a sports game, we’re all pretty pumped at NGB for the return of the greatest franchise in football except that arcade one where meteors hit the pitch every now and then (don’t @ me, FIFA fans).
So what can we glean from this teaser so far? Do we know which licensed teams will be present? Well, according to the press release, there are a “Super 7 Legendary Changes” coming to the game. These are:
1) Gameplay Masterclass – A finely tuned set of gameplay mechanics, including Real Touch+, A new Free Kick and Penalty system, the new One-Player Kick Off
2) Presentation Overhaul – A brand new redesign for the UI, as well as real player images for the game plan screen
3) PES League integration – For all of your competitive PES needs
4) Online Co-Op, 2v2 and 3v3 modes, with the ability to have local players join in the fun
5) New modes & Features – Random Selection match makes its triumphant return! Master League gets pre-season tournaments, and a new transfer system!
6) Enhanced visuals – Plenty of new visual upgrades for PES fans to pore over!
7) PC Improvements! Yes, the PC version will match the PS4/Xbox One in terms of visual fidelity and content, ensuring “parity across all current gen platforms”
Whatever other new information appears, it will be certain that of all the PES games, this one will be the most recent.
Interestingly, there’s no announcement for the Nintendo Switch at this point, but it is listed for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. Basically, if it takes a disc, you can play PES on it!
Check out the images below, and be sure to check out our sister site WENB for all of the news and reactions