Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD is coming soon! Woo! Sorry, we got a little over excited there!
Stewart Gilray (CEO, Just Add Water) has today finally announced that Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD will be released in Europe on December 21st and in North America on December 27th. The game will be priced at £9.99, €12.99 or $14.99, depending on which region you are based.
Gilray stated that they originally planned to release the game around Easter, but they didn’t actually start development until April 2011. This put them on course for a late Summer release, but they ended up spending another couple of months on it, hence the December release.
Unfortunately, Stranger’s Wrath HD will not include 3DTV or PlayStation Move support due to development time constraints, but the folks at Just Add Water will be adding those features plus a few other little extras via update in a couple months.
The full list of features and updates that you can expect to see in Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD can be seen below:
- All 84 character models have been updated with increased polygon counts and higher resolution textures.
- Wolvark Sloghandlers now release Slogs instead of Slegs.
- Professor Dimble now has glasses and an academic tome.
- New female voices have been recorded for two characters.
- Made Blisterz Booty unkillable.
- All environments have been given higher resolution textures.
- Most vegetation has been updated with increased polygon counts and/or higher resolution textures.
- A lot of environment now reflects in water where it didn’t before.
- Many, many pipes and barrels rounded.
- Easter Eggs added to the game.
- Added Blisterz Booty’s broken crud gun to the floor by his bola’d body.
- Sekto’s Office has been changed to more closely resemble than seen in the FMV.
- All game audio (voice, sound effects and music) have been upgraded to 16-bit 44KHz from 8-bit 11KHz or less!
- Support for 5.1, Dolby Digitial and DTS.
- Everything now runs at 720p, 60 FPS, widescreen.
- All menus have been updated with a new design based on original unused concepts.
- New posters now occupy the inventory menu when no bounty is accepted.
- All armour upgrades now actually increase Stranger’s health.
- Added difficulty levels to the game: Easy, Medium and Hard.
- In easy mode:
- Stranger has twice the health.
- Enemies have half the health and stamina.
- Enemies’ stamina recovers half as fast.
- In Normal Mode:
- Stranger’s health and armour for later in the game have been re-balanced.
- In hard mode:
- Stranger has a third less health.
- Enemies stamina recovers a third quicker.
- 37 trophies: 23 bronze, 8 silver, 5 gold, 1 platinum.
- 37 pieces of unlockable Concept art.
- 5 unlockable movie.
We can’t wait to get our hands on this fantastic game again. Going the information released today, it seems like the team at Just Add Water have developed the HD version of Stranger’s Wrath with real care and attention, which is great news. Will you be purchasing Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD? Are you as excited as us? Be sure to let us know via the comments section below.