Nintendo have today unleashed a new Nintendo Direct Presentation which showcased on the upcoming games and features of the Wii U.
Nintendo President Satoru Iwata unleashed Wii U news as he outlined future plans for the console. He revealed how the Wii U launch line-up will be bolstered by a long list of top game franchises headed for the new console. Both newcomers and veterans will be able enjoy the new games and experience them in new ways which is thanks to the integrated second-screen experiences enabled by the Wii U GamePad controller.
Speaking about the Wii U, Satoru Iwata stated:
“The fun of video games is not only just playing games, but also sharing experiences together with people – even though they live far away, their skill levels are different or their experience does not happen at the same time, We want Wii U to be the system that brings everyone together.”
The big talking points of the Nintendo Direct Presentation were as follows:
- Eiji Aonuma, the producer of The Legend of Zelda series, revealed two entries in the series for Wii U will be released including Zelda: Wind Waker HD.
- The team behind the Super Mario Galaxy Wii games and Super Mario 3D Land for Nintendo 3DS have revealed that they are working on a new 3D Mario action game for Wii U which will be playable at this year’s E3.
- A new Mario Kart game is also under development. This game will also be playable at E3.
- The team behind Kirby’s Epic Yarn are also hard at work for the first console game to feature Yoshi as the main chatacter. Takashi Tezuka, director of Yoshi’s Island and Yoshi’s Story is supervising the development of the new game which is set in a fanciful world of yarn and textiles.
- New features on way for Wii Fit U which include letting players create user communities on Miiverse from within the game. Community members can discuss exercises, BMI or weight changes and other health topics with other players as a way to encourage one another to reach their fitness goals. Similar functionality for other games is also planned.
- Pikmin 3 will include a feature that will let players use the Wii U GamePad as a camera in order to share the same perspective as Pikmin and also take close-up pictures of landscapes and creatures in the game and share them in Miiverse.
- There will be a new game in the Wii Party series which will be released this summer. This will feature various play styles, including one that lets both players compete head-to-head using just the GamePad.
- Collaborations with outside development partners have been made to bring fresh and new experiences to the Wii U. For example, Nintendo and Atlus are working on a collaboration that features the Fire Emblem and Shin-Megami Tensei franchises.
- Monolith Soft, the team behind Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii and Tetsuya Takahashi are also working on a new title.
- The Wonderful 101 and Game & Wario are set for release in the first half of 2013. More details about Bayonetta 2 and the new Super Smash Bros. will be revealed at a later date.
- Starting spring, users will be able to browse Miiverse from their smartphones. Initially the experience will be browser-based, but Nintendo plans to create a dedicated Miiverse app in the future.
- There will be two new updates on the way, one in Spring and one in the Summer. The updates will introduce a wide range of functionality, such as Virtual Console capabilities and shortening the time it takes users to launch software or return to the menu screen.
There are some awesome news in all that and those who missed the Nintendo Direct presentation can watch the entire presentation below and also we have added all the new trailers from the Presentation. We would love to hear your thoughts on all this via the comment section below.
The Wonderful 101:
Monolith Soft – New Tiitle:
Shin-Megami Tensei – Fire Emblem – New Title: