Activision and FreeStyleGames have today announced that Rival Challenges are now available in Guitar Hero Live.
This brand new feature in Guitar Hero Live, available via the GHTV channels. Rival Challenges pits players against similarly skilled, match-made players in a 1-on-1 song battle. Here is how it works via the game’s official blog:
- To unlock Rival Challenges, you will need to be level 10 or higher. We decided this because once you hit level 10, you will have gained access to Guitar Upgrades and accumulated some Hero Powers, which we think introduces fun and interesting layers of competition.
- Rival Challenges will occur twice in every half-hour show. The song choices will be picked by us, so you’ll always need to be ready!
- Your opponent will be of relatively close skill level, paired with you through our underlying matchmaking technology.
- The winner of each battle earns an extra +100 Status XP, along with bragging rights of course.
- Another bonus is showing off the personalisation items you’ve earned in GHTV. When a battle kicks off, both you and your opponent will see each other’s playercard and note highway on screen.
This includes other new features added into GHTV channels, including the ability to “favourite” a song and a new daily token reward for those who have depleted their Plays. Be sure to let us know your thoughts on Rival Challenges in the comment section below.