The Escapists 2 goes to space! A brand-new trailer has been released for The Escapists 2 revealing Space Prison.
The Escapists 2, the sequel to the much beloved The Escapists, features prison escape as we’ve yet to see. Situated on U.S.S Anomaly you and up to 3 friends must use your cunning to escape prison and live a life of freedom. Robotic guards, robotic dogs and an A.I. warden stand in your way of escape but jet packs and shuttles will certainly aid your attempts.
For the first time in the series, The Escapists 2 offers drop-in drop-out co-op both online and split-screen. The gameplay we’ve grown to love stays largely intact but with a larger variety of scenarios, jobs and equipment.
The key new features for The Escapist 2 are as follows:
- An in-depth tutorial teaching you the basics of prison life.
- 10 varied prisons ranging from the Space station mentioned above to a Prison Train hurtling through the desert.
- The aforementioned local and online drop-in/drop-out co-op.
- A brand-new combat system that increases the prison bruise-ups intensity.
- Over 300 customisation options to allow you to create the perfect prisoner.
- All new ways to escape and a bunch of new items to craft.
The Escapists 2 launches on the 22nd August for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC with a Nintendo Switch version to follow. The game is available to pre-order now either via Steam, the PlayStation Store or participating retails for the good ol’ fashioned physical copy.