Switch em up
Nex Machina, the new game from the genii behind games such as Resogun, Alienation, Super Star Dust, Dead Nation, you get the idea, is out today! Housemarque have an incredible track record and Nex Machina certainly doesn’t buck this trend. At its core, Nex Machina is a retro twin-sticked shooter, soaked in modern liquor, and it’s very very good. In fact, why not read how great it is in our Nex Machina: Death Machine Review.
The beginning of Hitman is free!
From today you’ll be able to download and play the beginning of Hitman for free! That’s right, put yo coins away. We bloody loved Hitman, as illustrated here: Hitman Season 1 Review & here: NGB’s Game of the Year 2016 – The Top Ten! So if you’ve yet to try it out, now is the perfect chance. Also, if you opt for the Xbox One version they’re currently running a deal on the first season which is currently £18, knocked down from £45. You can also snag the first season for £15 on Steam too. Bargain!
Nintendo Switch 3.0 system update
A new system update for Nintendo Switch has been released today and will be available to download next time you turn on your console. The new update includes a few cool new features such as the ability to add friends from the 3DS and Wii U, assuming there are any for the latter. You can also enable notifications to appear when your friends jump online. There is also a “Find my Joycon” option which will set any paired controller to vibrate allowing you to hunt the little suckers down. 6 new Splatoon 2 characters are also unlocked and can be used for your user icon. There are also a bunch of other tweaks and fixes included, as seen below:
- Register a channel to receive News for specific games
- Add friends from your Nintendo 3DS and Wii U Friend Lists
- Receive notifications when your Friends go online
- Find paired controllers within communication range by activating the vibration feature
- Change the user icon order on the Home Menu
- Select from 6 new Splatoon 2 characters for user icon
- Change the system volume from the Quick Settings
- Lower the maximum volume for headphone or speakers connected to the audio jack
- Change display colours to Invert Colours or Grayscale
- Use the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller via wired communication by connecting the USB charging cable
- Update connected controllers
- Added a feature that suggests deletion of software data if there is insufficient space when downloading other software
- Resolved an issue that caused game software updates to fail and prevented the software from starting
- Improvements to prevent unintended HDMI input change with certain TVs while the console is docked in Sleep Mode